• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...-school-student-wearing-hijab-bathroom-fight/
Officials at the Chartiers Valley School District are investigating an alleged fight between two students in a high school bathroom.
Authorities say a girl is accused of attacking another girl, who appeared to be wearing a hijab, and now charges may be filed.
The video shows one of the girls first arguing with and then allegedly attacking a smaller student, who can be seen wearing a hijab and is of apparent Muslim heritage.
It's not totally clear what they were saying, but the student wearing purple can be heard saying, "You're lucky you're from another language, because I will crush you, [expletive]."
The Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, has also released a statement calling for state and federal officials to investigate the incident for possible bias.
They go on to say: "CAIR-Pittsburgh is offering legal support to the student's family after she was shown on a video posted online being attacked in the bathroom of Chartiers Valley High School. The Muslim student was treated later for a concussion and severe bruising. Criminal charges are pending."
The Collier Township Police Department is investigating the incident. So far, they say they don't believe a hate crime was committed. Instead they say it was a bullying incident.
Charges and disciplinary action are pending.

MOD EDIT: Adding in article for additional context

Last edited by a moderator:

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Just a taste of what muslims deal with every day. Same shit 20 years ago, nothing has changed.

Fuck that blonde girl. Hope she gets the punishment she deserves.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
People just stand by it, film it and share it. All this hate and violence, terrible.
Social media was a mistake... only positive thing about this is that the girl is charged.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
People just stand by it, film it and share it. All this hate and violence, terrible.
Social media was a mistake... only positive thing about this is that the girl is charged.
I would argue that social media also helps exposing these issues to the people. It documents the issues that minorities have been dealing with well before social media was a thing.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I would argue that social media also helps exposing these issues to the people. It documents the issues that minorities have been dealing with well before social media was a thing.

Ow definetly. Its a double edged knife i think. It brings the crazies closer together but it also shines a bright light on them so their actions are out in the open and can be caught.:
Its just horrible this poor girl (and lots of others) has to suffer. Probably every day too.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Throw her out of school and let her sweat to have anything worth something in life. Hope the likes and emojis were worth it. Piece of shit.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is she okay? Video wont play.

Yes she's OK physically. But psychologically? I doubt it. And it's also unfortunately extremely normal and typical bullying with a nasty element of racism and a frightening lack of self awareness by the bully which is more frightening because it's apparent she feels completely insulated and protected by her assumptions about her peers and parents because she is fully aware her bullying is being witnessed and broadcast.

At least maybe this morning she feels like she should have made different decisions.

But I doubt she feels like she's the bad guy. And I'd be shocked if she's not blaming her victim.

Nov 30, 2017

So if there was no phone camera you are saying that person watching would have stepped in then?

I don't ever remember kids ever stepping in to break up fights. Not where I grew up. Everyone would stand in a circle and encourage it.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No, racism will not die with the newer generation. No, she is not too young or naive to face swift consequences. Yes, this is who she is. Yes, she deserves to be hit with a hate crime charge.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that white bitch, was hoping the brown girl would have bodied her

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that today's bullies are recording their assaults and sharing it on social media, makes it rather easy to charge them and potentially ruin their social life.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely isolate her as long as she is a danger to any part of society, but if she can be rehabilitated then it's a waste of public resources to jail her and mark her for the rest of her life.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Slightly off topic:
I have to say, one of the quite positive aspects of our social media addicted society is that apparantly the average person thinks it's a great idea to record themselves doing stupid shit.

I mean if this happened back in '98 it probably would have been brushed under the rug, "no proof, she's just complaining because she's foreign".

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is fuckin absurd, why are people offended by Muslims existence?!
330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

330px-Donald_Trump_official_portrait.jpg

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Couldn't understand what was said besides, "Leave me alone" and "Because you're scared"

Does the rest of the audio add any meaningful context that the visuals don't already explain?

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia

At least with social media we have evidence of this happening and the perpretators can't get away with it, well not without at least public shamming.

This has been an issue for years and years but before they just denied it or it was ignored, social media changed that in a way...

Oh yeah amd fuck that girl, racist piece of shit.

Lets see how long it takes for someone to use the "mental health" denfese in the thread...

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Dubya right after 911:
"The face of terrorism not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don't represent peace, they represent evil and war . . . When we think of Islam, we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world . . .and that's made brothers and sisters out of every race," then-President Bush told a shell-shocked and grieving America.

"America counts millions of Muslims amongst our citizens, and Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country. Muslims are doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads. And they need to be treated with respect. In our anger and emotion, our fellow Americans must treat each other with respect."

Trump would've probably rounded up US muslims in an instant and put them in concentration camps.

(for the record, Bush has been a terrible president and is responsible for a lot of atrocities)

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your point is well taken but people are not going to remember that quote, they're going to remember "never forget", Osama's videos, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, ISIS news cycle. The harassment muslims face today is but an echo of the muslim backlash after 9/11, itself an intensifying of the anti-muslim sentiment from HWB.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Racist or typical high school fight? What's the full context of the story? Was there shit talking by the party before cameras started rolling?

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Your point is well taken but people are not going to remember that quote, they're going to remember "never forget", Osama's videos, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, ISIS news cycle. The harassment muslims face today is but an echo of the muslim backlash after 9/11, itself an intensifying of the anti-muslim sentiment from HWB.
No lies detected. Bush is also responsible for the rise of ISIS and all the shitshows we have in the middle east today.

I just think he was at the very least genuine in his approach of hatred towards muslims at that time. But also co-reponsible for what we have today. Trump on the other hand is fuelling racial tensions whenever he can get the chance.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope she faces actual consequences for this repulsive behavior.
No, racism will not die with the newer generation. No, she is not too young or naive to face swift consequences. Yes, this is who she is. Yes, she deserves to be hit with a hate crime charge.
But was she on Ambien?

Just trying to ask some real questions here

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Actually without social media this would probably be a daily thing and no one will do anything about it.
At least with social media we have evidence of this happening and the perpretators can't get away with it, well not without at least public shamming.

This has been an issue for years and years but before they just denied it or it was ignored, social media changed that in a way...

Read post 27 :)

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Ah gotcha.

I'm wondering why is it difficult of us humans to accept each other with our differences what is so hard about this? Gosh if only life is just so simple.

Yeah.. totally agree with that. I am afraid that this will never change. Unless aliens will land on earth to destroy humanity and we have to brother/sister up for our own sake or existence... but yeah.... changes are none this will happen