• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Can we get back on topic please?

I felt this one was a bit too short but, its okay I guess. And it had so much potential for a song!

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
This channel is so fun and harmless that I'm starting to believe haters here are just jealous of their relative success or mad to be reminded someone out there has a girlfriend.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: threadwhining
If angry joe gets his own fucking thread for everything he posts, girlfriend reviews can too.
People, including myself, gave people shit for a new thread for every Joe review. This feels the exact same way. It feels like some viral insurgents.

Should I start making a thread every time all my favorite content creators make a new video?

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
People, including myself, gave people shit for a new thread for every Joe review. This feels the exact same way. It feels like some viral insurgents.

Should I start making a thread every time all my favorite content creators make a new video?
Then maybe just dont post itt . Just because you are negative , you dont have to try and make everyone else negative.

And yes feel free to make a thread for that. It is a gaming forum .

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
If you think it's special enough to share with this community and think it would be interesting to discuss, I don't see why not.

However, creating a thread for the sake of creating a thread or to prove a point is just silly, of course.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
For clarification, I don't have an issue with Skillshare sponsoring or anything like that. I was under the impression that it was a Ubisoft sponsored "Review" video. And didn't want to give it a click (because I don't support such shenanigans), regardless of how much I like a channel or personality.

I could only decide such matters from the Information provided in the OP. And just a few weeks ago, a sponsored Video for Borderlands fell through with Gearbox promising to pay Girlfirend reviews. So it is not a big reach to conclude, that the first sponsored video meant money from a gaming company.

Is there a source for that?

Oct 27, 2017
For clarification, I don't have an issue with Skillshare sponsoring or anything like that. I was under the impression that it was a Ubisoft sponsored "Review" video. And didn't want to give it a click (because I don't support such shenanigans), regardless of how much I like a channel or personality.

I could only decide such matters from the Information provided in the OP. And just a few weeks ago, a sponsored Video for Borderlands fell through with Gearbox promising to pay Girlfirend reviews. So it is not a big reach to conclude, that the first sponsored video meant money from a gaming company.
How do you know it was Gearbox who dropped out of sponsoring that video?

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Is there a source for that?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-borderlands.112836/

at the end of the video.

How do you know it was Gearbox who dropped out of sponsoring that video?

Because sponsors like Skillshare don't pay YTers doing specific Videos. Normally you get a sponsoring deal and the advertiser only define what kind of videos they don't want to be associated with (and how many videos they would sponsor either in total or weekly/monthly).

Last edited:

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
A BuzzFeed like trashy media company that simulate that a nerdy girl play videogames with his boyfriend so people believe is true and give them a lot of views.

It's so unbelievably fake that hurts.

YouTube videos often use a script, require multiple takes and reshoots, and generally involve a lengthy creative process

if that becomes unbearable to you when it involves a woman enjoying video games, you may want to check where your head is at

You people realize it's sponsored by Skillshare and not Ubisoft, right?

in fairness, the term "sponsored video" has a particular connotation - usually a video is called that when there's a conflict of interest at play, e.g., Ubisoft paying someone to make an AC:O video (...which, at this point in time, wouldn't make much sense)

saying "Girlfriend Reviews has found their first sponsor" would have probably resulted in far fewer misunderstandings than saying "Girlfriend Reviews has put out their first sponsored video"

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-borderlands.112836/

at the end of the video.

Because sponsors like Skillshare don't pay YTers doing specific Videos. Normally you get a sponsoring deal and the advertiser only define what kind of videos they don't want to be associated with (and how many videos they would sponsor either in total or weekly/monthly).
I'm sorry, but until they say their Gearbox game review was being sponsored by Gearbox, I'm not buying it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I originally thought the same thing and only bothered watching when others in the thread posted that Ubisoft didn't sponsor the video, it was another company altogether. Sub-optimal phrasing on the OP's part.

Regarding the video, the way I feel about the video is roughly the same way they felt about the game: didn't really learn anything about what happened, laughed at chickens attacking people and climbing giant penises. 7/10.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching them last week and I immediately subbed and watched all of their videos. They're light-hearted fun, something this world is in dire need of.

AFAIK, they stream the actual playthroughs on Twitch but I don't use it.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I love this channel, every video has delivered for me so far and brought many laughs and much joy.
Sorry to say this, but the first page of posts is largely pretty horrible. This doesn't seem to be a topic/channel to be that cynical or jaded about.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Its pretty accurate, I've played about 80 hours and still havent uncovered half the map and have no idea nor care what the story is about.

Oct 31, 2017
Definitely in the camp of this week being lackluster. Just seemed way less humorous and I think this is the first time they said they didn't finish the game. The humorous bits were not nearly as funny this week even as someone who has played the game. There was the good bit about everything trying to kill you but the horse being a murderous psycho but went on too long and the photo mode bit got tacky really quick. I felt like Matt had a much more prominent presence this week though and I don't entirely know how I feel about it. The quick quips from previous weeks I liked but it seemed like they were fishing for content with this one and just added more. Overall still really like the channel and will continue to tune in each week.