• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we just make a general OT instead off new thread for every video

It's funny because we're just coming from 15-20 Marvel threads in the span of like 3 hours. We get 3 threads per day about Smash character speculations. Half the faux outrage youtubers get their threads with their lovely screaming, clickbait and getting angry about everything.

But God forbid we get threads for a weekly episode of some of the few gaming content creators who don't resort on clickbait thumbnails, shouting all the time, regurgitating outrages from Reddit and actually put some effort into making some light humor without resorting to racism or homophobia in the process.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
First time clicking on these threads. Amazing idea for reviews. Funny as hell.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
It's funny because we're just coming from 15-20 Marvel threads in the span of like 3 hours. We get 3 threads per day about Smash character speculations. Half the faux outrage youtubers get their threads with their lovely screaming, clickbait and getting angry about everything.

But God forbid we get threads for a weekly episode of some of the few gaming content creators who don't resort on clickbait thumbnails, shouting all the time, regurgitating outrages from Reddit and actually put some effort into making some light humor without resorting to racism or homophobia in the process.
Maybe all those things should get OT's as well.

It's a clear format, available around the same time every week on Youtube. Just treat it like a tv show that airs weekly. There are no threads for every single episode for those.

Good video though.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't support these people because they're definitely sketchy with who they associate with.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I'll continue to think for myself.

That's fine but I think it's important that people are upfront about it in these threads and give that information. There are so many problematic YouTubers out there and people need to be educated on it. I know they've associated with Nakey Jakey recently, who is buddies with JonTron.

While it's difficult to find YouTubers who are part of the gaming community that don't support or give promo to some of these personalities, there are some out there. But hand waving that there is a problem is some real entitled shit.

OP
OP
Kitten Mittens

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
This video was really great, and kinda lit a spark for me. Downloading this big ass game again and play some GTA online with some friends.
If there was a problem with the video, it was that they didn't show off the online portion. Tons of jokes to be made about the RP servers on PC.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish she'd have talked about the story or something and not just the crazy physics.

Of course half the review was also about RDR2

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really know. Just heard it from other ERA members in other Girlfriend Reviews threads.

I keep reading this on Era but I yet have to see someone post a clip or proof of this. I enjoy their videos but I won't sit through dozens of hours of streams to find the joke, so if people need to bring this up at every thread for this duo I'd like if it was documented, instead of a generic "somebody else on Era said it". Don't want to dismiss anything but it's brought up so often and nobody showed anything yet.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I keep reading this on Era but I yet have to see someone post a clip or proof of this. I enjoy their videos but I won't sit through dozens of hours of streams to find the joke, so if people need to bring this up at every thread for this duo I'd like if it was documented, instead of a generic "somebody else on Era said it". Don't want to dismiss anything but it's brought up so often and nobody showed anything yet.

I couldn't say what's happened in the streams as I don't watch but they've definitely done shout outs to shitty youtubers in the main videos so I assume the claims are accurate. Era used to have a huge hard on for this channel until they became tainted so I'm sure someone will dig through the archives to build a portfolio of why you shouldn't watch anymore.

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
I've never enjoyed their videos and the whole "cool girlfriend watches boyfriend play video games" shtick, and the "me. boyfriend." edits are painfully unfunny.
But I'm surprised people here still follow them after having been associated with some shitty YouTube personalities.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never enjoyed their videos and the whole "cool girlfriend watches boyfriend play video games" shtick, and the "me. boyfriend." edits are painfully unfunny.
But I'm surprised people here still follow them after having been associated with some shitty YouTube personalities.

I can't say I really enjoyed the shtick either, it's painfully aware the boyfriend writes everything and tries hard to appeal to a certain group of male nerd gamers. There were a few videos that were amusing but I couldn't stop thinking how distasteful it all felt. Then the news broke out about their associations.

I get people like them but there should be an OP at this point.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Dammit. What was the Anita joke?
Have not seen it myself, maybe there isn't a saved video of it? But it was some jab like "I like this game, and it's not because of the patriarchy, Anita." iirc from other threads. Which would be a huge bone to throw to her haters since they think that's what her stuff is all about.

OP
OP
Kitten Mittens

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"It can be disgusting, it can be offensive, and it can be violent. This angered a lot people and is widely regarded as a bad move... and it made 6 billion dollars. THE END!"

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

Found it. Just start the video and watch the first ~30 seconds:

OP
OP
Kitten Mittens

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Dude, are you seriously going to dismiss their associations with people who have radicalizing political stances by making some lame joke?
Their association with Pewdiepie is they made a less than half second joke about him? Not going to personally cancel them over that. You can. If they actually do something awful, I'll be right there with you. They haven't, so I won't.

And the joke I quoted was from the video. If you don't enjoy their videos, don't watch. And then there's no need to troll the threads where people who do enjoy them are discussing them. Why is it not enough that you're done with them? Why do you feel the need to guilt others into doing the same?

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Have not seen it myself, maybe there isn't a saved video of it? But it was some jab like "I like this game, and it's not because of the patriarchy, Anita." iirc from other threads. Which would be a huge bone to throw to her haters since they think that's what her stuff is all about.
oof, why are people supporting this channel?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
people posting "this shouldn't be a thread" blows my mind

you're bumping the thread! to say it shouldn't exist! just let it die!

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
It's too hard to keep up with who I should and shouldn't watch because they mention a name or whatever the fuck. I just watch whatever I find entertaining now and my life is way less stressful. Fun video.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
The anita joke is at the start of the bioshock review
Its her saying "The reason I dont play games its not because of the patriachy, or because its male fantasy" (cuts to a woman saying how they hate games because they appeal to the male fantasy, and inmediatly cuts to a nintendogs 3d video) "but because I'm bad at them"

thats it.
thats the joke

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017
You guys know if you don't like it you don't have to watch it, right? Do we need every thread about every YouTube creator filled with post not about the content but about some other joke that they did in the past you found offensive? It's tiring.

We can either ban threads from certain youtubers or stop allowing this kind of thread derailing all the fucking time. It doesn't help.

I also think pewdiepie is an asshole and jontron too, but come on...