• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If the topic header and thread content contain different meanings of context that's a different story.
Taking what I see at face value. Didn't care to watch the video if it's what I thought it was going be.

bcse1vh.jpg

3zBaPGj.gif

nhDdMwU.gif

Oct 29, 2017
UK
You should play Nier before Automata. You should play both. They're very good games. Nothing will best the feeling of Automata's E ending for me. Yoko Taro is a weird man who will sit in a bathtub looking at a picture of an idol with an Email head on, but has stuff to say about the world.

Nier is just a weird but wonderful piece of 9/11 inspired media.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
ahhh cute Sesame Street clips
ahhh funny pop culture references
AHHH EVERYONE CRYING OVER THE CREDITS

Automata is such an emotional rollercoaster that a comedic video ABOUT the game takes you for a ride.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I keep thinking about both Nier games almost daily. They're that great. In case he's not doing something entirely new, I kinda want to see Yoko Taro return to Drakengard for his next game, though. Despite all its probems, I still like Drakengard 3. But a potential Drakengard 4 in cooperation with Platinum Games? Yes please!

Wouldn't say no to something new Nier related, of course.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Are there spoilers in this vid?

Do not watch anything past 6:35 if you're worried about spoilers. There is an obvious SPOILERS AHOY screen at that point.

I feel like Automata is a game best played without knowing anything beforehand, so I'd encourage you to avoid the video altogether for best effect, but there's essentially nothing spoiled about the plot until that point. They do show off the mechanics of one boss battle before then, though.

Also, speaking of that boss battle: I didn't notice the thing they point out at all. Holy crap, I am dumb.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I didnt watch the whole thing because now I want to play it. Skipped the game because I didnt care for that other Nier game.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I keep thinking about both Nier games almost daily. They're that great. In case he's not doing something entirely new, I kinda want to see Yoko Taro return to Drakengard for his next game, though. Despite all its probems, I still like Drakengard 3. But a potential Drakengard 4 in cooperation with Platinum Games? Yes please!

Would say no to something new Nier related, of course.

Taro has such a wild (and even sometimes strange) story telling style I've seen in games. It sticks with you, it opts for tragedy, and it opens up about relationships and motivations in ways your cookie-cutter JRPG batch of do-gooder heroes are too "innocent" for in some ways.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019

Would say no to something new Nier related, of course.
I feel the same way. I have played many "better", more polished, less uneven games, but even with that caveat it's the two Niers that have stayed with me over them. Ending D of the first NieR is the last time I remember a videogame legitimately getting me to tear up.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
If the topic header and thread content contain different meanings of context that's a different story.
Taking what I see at face value. Didn't care to watch the video if it's what I thought it was going be.
Dude, your deduction skills are nowhere near as good as you think they are , lol. Just watch the video, worst that could happen is finding it unfunny.

Sep 7, 2018
Do not watch anything past 6:35 if you're worried about spoilers. There is an obvious SPOILERS AHOY screen at that point.

I feel like Automata is a game best played without knowing anything beforehand, so I'd encourage you to avoid the video altogether for best effect, but there's essentially nothing spoiled about the plot until that point. They do show off the mechanics of one boss battle before then, though.

Also, speaking of that boss battle: I didn't notice the thing they point out at all. Holy crap, I am dumb.
Thanks. Is there another reviewer I can watch? I'm pretty bored right now.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
The combat was just too boring for me to continue so I dropped it in Route C. I kept hoping it would be fun because it had Platinum's name on it but I just got shallow philosophy lessons and a great OST.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great game with a pretty mediocre story. The first playthrough was definitely the best, but I enjoyed all 3.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
Coworker raved about the soundtrack, saying it was one of the best ever (I know, I've seen most of you post the same thing here, too), and I hadn't played. Saw the "opera singer" section of this video and oh my god I haven't had the urge to play a game based on music this much since that time I saw the opening to Chrono Cross. Good lord is it gorgeous and I need to make time to play it right now.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Brilliant and hilarious as always. A question, though: is it recommended to play the first Nier prior to Automata, or are they basically standalone?
I loved Automata and had zero idea that earlier Nier game even existed. And no offence, but they seem like way worse games in every way. Watch a story recap or just skip em and enjoy Automata.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I found the game extremely mediocre personally XD That said the video was still fantastic and funny, those sesame street tie ins were great lol.

I will say in Automata's defense the music is indeed absolutely stellar.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Coworker raved about the soundtrack, saying it was one of the best ever (I know, I've seen most of you post the same thing here, too), and I hadn't played. Saw the "opera singer" section of this video and oh my god I haven't had the urge to play a game based on music this much since that time I saw the opening to Chrono Cross. Good lord is it gorgeous and I need to make time to play it right now.
Honey you've got a big storm coming.gif

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
The level design kills my desire to play the game again and the combat is pretty avarage to me. It's just not as tight as bayo or rising.

Music, story and art are masterclass.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. The story, over all message and music are. The open world is the most boring one I "explored" in years, and the combat is just ok.

The open world kind of sucks, and the graphics range from great to hideous. Its got a lot of repetitive fighting too, especially by the end you have been hacking away (in both senses of the word) at the same robots for so many hours with different characters.

its still a 9/10 because of what it does well being done so well.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The open world kind of sucks, and the graphics range from great to hideous. Its got a lot of repetitive fighting too, especially by the end you have been hacking away (sometimes literally) at the same robots for so many hours with different characters.

its still a 9/10 because of what it does well being done so well.
Absolutely, it's a good game. Just not "perfect in every aspect" as that other poster said.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Haven't watched one of these videos in a long time but jumped in to this one and damn, their editing has really gone up a few points. The original couple of videos I watched at the start of the channel were nicely edited, but this one is something else.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Just brilliant. Hilarious video, masterpiece game.
Playing Nier Automata was such an incredible experience that I have no doubt will stick with me for life.

Edit: that sesame street meme had me cracking up

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Apparently so. I've watched one of their videos and thought it was dreadful. So I just assume they are all the same.
If the video isn't talking about what the title says than maybe they should go for a less click baity approach?

Why are you even in this thread if you dont like the videos. Go troll somewhere else.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I'd never seen one of these before but gave it a go. They've got some really nice editing in there!

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

circuit

Oct 27, 2017
It's an entertainment channel. If you don't like the name, you can basically pretend it's about which games are good to watch on Twitch

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are you even in this thread if you dont like the videos. Go troll somewhere else.
And they are clearly lying, too. Considering they assumed the video is about a girlfriend telling her boyfriend what to play, and that has never been the theme for any of their videos. So it's pretty much impossible for them to think this one is the same as the one they "saw". Prime example of talking out of their ass.

SsjCouri

Feb 21, 2019
Suggestion: Get to the Resistance Camp and just put your controller down and listen to the song that plays.