• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
gmd9dPQ.png

Girls' Frontline is a mobile game developed by MicaTeam and published by Digital Sky/Sunborn Games. It features echelons of guns that have been transformed into girls. It is a collectathon game, meaning that unlike games like Fire Emblem Heroes or Fate/Grand Order, it is the intention of the developers for you to actually get a bunch of characters and it's up to you on how you use them.

The player takes the role of a newly recruited commander working under a Private Military Company named Grifon & Kryuger and completes various tasks by commanding highly advanced androids known as Tactical Dolls (T-Dolls, the gun girls).

Note: this is the global version. It is only available in the regions in the banner from the app stores, but there is no IP block. The developer has been cagey about expanding to other regions (but have confirmed SEA).

Q8NUInI.png

1. This is your currency. Each has more uses than what listed, but this will give you a overview of what each is for. They regenerate naturally slowly.

• Manpower is required for deploying your T-Dolls in combat and to repair your T-Dolls after combat.
  • Ammo is consumed during combat. Machine Gun T-Dolls require much more than Hand Gun T-Dolls.
  • Rations are consumed each turn in combat. More powerful units require more rations.
  • Parts are used to repair your T-Dolls and to craft.
2. Repair. You repair your T-Dolls after each combat encounter. They do not regenerate health automatically.

3. Research. You improve your T-Dolls skills in this window. This can improve damage, decrease cooldowns, and so on.

4. Combat. This is where you deploy your Echelons.
  • Combat Missions are your standard missions. This is where the gameplay of the game takes place. Here's some gameplay. Basically, you move your units around the map, claim territory, attacking enemies, and trying to encircle capture resources and nodes.
  • Logistic Support. These are your bread and butter for earning the four main currencies in the game. Similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2's mercenary missions, you send an echelon out on a timer and they bring back resources.
  • Combat Simulation. You have limited runs of this per day. You can run these stages to earn EXP, currencies, and other rare resources to improve your T-Dolls.
5. Dorm. Where your T-Dolls hang out and interact with each other. You can decorate your dorm, give gifts to your T-Dolls, collect and spend energy for improving aspects of your army, and so on.

6. Factory. This is the gacha of the game.
  • T-Doll Production. This is where you pull for T-Dolls. But instead of using a premium currency, you use your resources (manpower, ammo, rations, and parts).
  • Dummy Link. You take duplicate T-Dolls and feed them to you T-Doll to link them, effectively doubled their HP. You can also use Cores to link your T-Dolls if you do not have a duplicate.
  • T-Doll Enhancement. You feed T-Dolls (doesn't have to be dupes) to your T-Doll to increase their stats up to a point, based on their level.
  • Retirement Disassemble. This is where you dispose of T-Dolls you do not want for resources and Cores.
  • Equipment Production. Same as T-Doll Production, except for equipment.
7. Formation. Team line up. Organize your echelons and create formations that benefit your echelons.

8. Event/Login bonus screen. Check this daily for updates and rewards!

9. Other. This is where you can find your options and account information. It's kinda hidden, so thought it'd be worth pointing out.

10. Timers. Click this to see the timers on your Logistic Supports, repairs, and so on. Useful.

LQyZxJv.png

So what do you use the premium currency for? Very similar to F2P MMOs and games like Path of Exile, you use gems (premium currency) to expand things like repair slots, echelon slots, T-Doll inventory, and so on. You technically can whale for T-Dolls, as you can buy manpower, etc, but gems are much better served in other areas. This is a collection game. If you see a unit you like, you'll likely eventually get them.

Because of this, there really isn't much of a point to rerolling. Just download, login, and play.

ID LIST AND GF ERA DISCORD

ID List

Discord

Rough tier list.
Useful website with good information.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread, i've been playing a lot of GBF lately but i'll give this game a try tonight !

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Like the thread, this is probably my favourite Gacha game I've played with the generous Gacha and unique gameplay, my in-game name is Charlie and my UID is 15009.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Been pretty surprised by how good this game is. The strategy stuff and unit grid management has kept things engaging, and while the timers feel overwhelming initially they kind of slow down and it becomes more obvious which you need to party attention to. Code is 5427.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recall in Kancolle it was recommended to keep your resources above a certain level. Is it the same here and if so what level is recommended? Finding it hard to resist the urge to build.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Nice OT, there's a secondary gacha for furniture and costumes. Dunno about costumes but furniture is helpful for increasing how many batteries you can get from dorms.

My ID is 6200.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I recall in Kancolle it was recommended to keep your resources above a certain level. Is it the same here and if so what level is recommended? Finding it hard to resist the urge to build.

Not that I know of. I also have trouble resisting building all the things, especially since I've gotten a few 4 and 5 stars off it.

Joezie

Nov 6, 2017
Certainly looks interesting and the reviews on the page are all fairly high across the board. Gonna give this a shot and see how it goes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT!

I managed to get my first 5* from building today, but unfortunately it was HK-416, who's supposedly only good for certain niche gameplay. Oh well. Other than that, it's been a lot of the same 2* characters, which is pretty depressing.

The game is okay, so many systems to manage though. The timers are fine so far, and thankfully they give a lot of Doll Contracts so you can keep building. I hope it doesn't slow down a lot, as my luck so far with them has been pretty poor.

I noticed I can't send certain teams on those resource-gathering missions. Is it because they're not strong enough? I don't see level restrictions for them, but when I try to deploy certain teams I get a prompt telling me they don't meet the requirements.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the OT!

I managed to get my first 5* from building today, but unfortunately it was HK-416, who's supposedly only good for certain niche gameplay. Oh well. Other than that, it's been a lot of the same 2* characters, which is pretty depressing.

The game is okay, so many systems to manage though. The timers are fine so far, and thankfully they give a lot of Doll Contracts so you can keep building. I hope it doesn't slow down a lot, as my luck so far with them has been pretty poor.

I noticed I can't send certain teams on those resource-gathering missions. Is it because they're not strong enough? I don't see level restrictions for them, but when I try to deploy certain teams I get a prompt telling me they don't meet the requirements.
I think when you select an echelon to do the logistics mission the level requirement show to the right of the echelon lineup. Requirements are minimum level and minimum number of team members.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT!

Realistically you are going to need a base of 2*/3* characters early on because of how the dummy link system works. It's just not really feasible to push up a bunch of four and five star characters early on.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically you are going to need a base of 2*/3* characters early on because of how the dummy link system works. It's just not really feasible to push up a bunch of four and five star characters early on.
Yeah, I've been reading that. I guess I'll start Dummy Linking them and building them up. Will focus on the stronger 2/3*, of course.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've been reading that. I guess I'll start Dummy Linking them and building them up. Will focus on the stronger 2/3*, of course.
In recent months, the Chinese version was updated and several characters' level cap are raised from 100 to 120. There are several features of this:
- 2* become 4*, 4* become 5*
- Affinity cap is raised
- Stat boost
- First skill is strengthened
- Receive a second skill
- Receive specialized equipment
- Receive a new skin

Therefore, I think all dolls are worth training, either 2* or 4*. Just train whoever you like and suit your play style.

Edit: For example, I am training Nagant Revolver. She received a great second skill after the aforementioned update. She looks lovely, too.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking for a mobile game that is fun and new/newish. I'm downloading this now, hopefully it clicks w me.

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
As a girl who is also anti-gacha, it's like everything I hate about gaming, all rolled into one little package. Came in here interested by the name and am leaving a bit horrified.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
*flips shades on*
*gives thumbs up*

BAR's win animation is completely worth the ammo upkeep.

By the way, the 1st purchase event works with the 1$ gems pack. Dirt cheap for FAL and some stuff on the side.
Looks interesting. Sadly it's not available on my Play Store. I guess I'll have to hunt for the APK.

Yep, it's what I did.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
As a girl who is also anti-gacha, it's like everything I hate about gaming, all rolled into one little package. Came in here interested by the name and am leaving a bit horrified.

The gacha mechanics are actually incredibly mild in this game. It's more of a F2P game than a gacha game imo, relying on timers and grinding rather than screwing you with high roll prices and infinitesimal drop rates.

Drop rates on crafting are of course small for high rank units but even the 2* units work (some are very good) and there are recipes who limit the type of unit you will get so you limit the dissapointment even more.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Played this and surprise at the amount of resource management in this game. The combat reminds me of Metal Slug Attack except more tactical.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all.

We do have Era friendly (all players are welcome) Discord community around different gacha games.

Link to Discord chat. Choose #gf channel for Game's Frontline talk, everyone is welcome to chat about #gf and around other gacha games (and offtopic) too.

Einbroch if its ok to you, you can add Discord link to OT. Thanks for making OT too.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In recent months, the Chinese version was updated and several characters' level cap are raised from 100 to 120. There are several features of this:
- 2* become 4*, 4* become 5*
- Affinity cap is raised
- Stat boost
- First skill is strengthened
- Receive a second skill
- Receive specialized equipment
- Receive a new skin

Therefore, I think all dolls are worth training, either 2* or 4*. Just train whoever you like and suit your play style.

Edit: For example, I am training Nagant Revolver. She received a great second skill after the aforementioned update. She looks lovely, too.
Thanks, great to know!

BTW, for the recommended "430/430/430/230" recipe, probably a stupid question, but it goes like, right?

430/430
430/230

Reason I ask, is because I've used this constantly, and all I manage (aside form one 5*) is 2* characters nothing above that. Not even a 3*. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Thanks, great to know!

BTW, for the recommended "430/430/430/230" recipe, probably a stupid question, but it goes like, right?

430/430
430/230

Reason I ask, is because I've used this constantly, and all I manage (aside form one 5*) is 2* characters nothing above that. Not even a 3*. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Here's a website that lists the crafting times of T-Dolls. It'll give you an idea of what you can expect to get when crafting.

http://dmesse.egloos.com/3575371

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, great to know!

430/430
430/230

The recipes are usually for what classes you're trying to get.

For example, 130 on everything is a very common handgun recipe.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, great to know!

430/430
430/230

Correct, at start its good to try recipe 430 / 430 / 430 / 230, later on its better to try "exact" recipes. Ive got 3* and 4* units too from that recipe.

Check this page for more info about recipes and materials needed: http://gfdb.baka.pw/statistician.html
There are some recipes that give like 2% chance for exact 5*. But the cost is astronomical (6011/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx) :D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a website that lists the crafting times of T-Dolls. It'll give you an idea of what you can expect to get when crafting.

The recipes are usually for what classes you're trying to get.

For example, 130 on everything is a very common handgun recipe.

Correct, at start its good to try recipe 430 / 430 / 430 / 230, later on its better to try "exact" recipes. Ive got 3* and 4* units too from that recipe.

Check this page for more info about recipes and materials needed: http://gfdb.baka.pw/statistician.html
There are some recipes that give like 2% chance for exact 5*. But the cost is astronomical (6011/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx) :D

Thanks guys! 'll just keep at it I guess.

Edit:

Also, possible stupid question, but how do you individually lock girls? I'm wanting to keep at least one copy of all of the lower level fodder, but I can't seem to find a way to lock them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, great to know!

430/430
430/230

I use the exact formula as the link below.
Good Luck!

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Man this things stupidly simple on the surface and then you find all the systems in the backend.

Just figures out buffs, equipment, formation and how to major buff dps.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, great to know!

430/430
430/230
yes this was annoying to look up, no one mentions it

A/B/C/D is

A/B
C/D

hm, reading the link someone mentioned earlier (time to craft = specific guns) it looks like the recipes are for 5 star only of that specific gun type. if you roll 2-4 it could be anything...

oh reading your statement again I see you're worried you're doing something wrong because you're not always getting 5 stars. you're not. this is still a gacha. it's still probably like 1% chance to get a 5* (I made the percent up), just the recipe helps you choose what 5* you will get if you were lucky enough to get one.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
yes this was annoying to look up, no one mentions it

A/B/C/D is

A/B
C/D

hm, reading the link someone mentioned earlier (time to craft = specific guns) it looks like the recipes are for 5 star only of that specific gun type. if you roll 2-4 it could be anything...

oh reading your statement again I see you're worried you're doing something wrong because you're not always getting 5 stars. you're not. this is still a gacha. it's still probably like 1% chance to get a 5* (I made the percent up), just the recipe helps you choose what 5* you will get if you were lucky enough to get one.
Actually, the development team had announced the percentage due to Chinese regulation:
5* - 3%
4* - 10%
3* - 27%
2* - 60%

Others:

Equipment crafting
5* - 6.5%
4* - 15%
3* - 30%
2* - 48.5%

Gacha at dorm
Skin for dolls - 2%
5* furniture - 8%
4* furniture - 36%
3* furniture - 54%

Don't know if they are changed for global version.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Aw yissss. Thanks for making an OT! As a military otaku this has been a dream game of mine for quite some time...

I'm packing 6 Echelons already. The Emergency missions are a real test, but with luck the rewards can be worth it for sure.

My UID:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
==============
There was an issue earlier this morning which crashed the game if you tried to buy more diamonds from the Store, it's been fixed pretty quick, but we're already getting our first apology rewards. 2K All resources for everyone.

Last edited:

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
2K All resources for everyone.
Nice compensation.

Now to question myself, do I craft 4 extra units due to this. Only doing 4 units per day (for daily quests).

Or do I keep those resources as safety net for later use :).
What is the max cap for resources?

Last edited:

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Question : for formation, beside HG T-dolls who can grant boost to every type, Are there others type of T-dolls for boosting RF ?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought furniture. I need my girls to have some comfort.