• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
For those seeking physical copies it seems Bandai underestimated demand quite a bit. They should do a limited reprint just to help alleviate the various stock issues honestly. It seems like they have a hit on their hands here, but stock is limiting the potential! >_<

Also here is a review Destructoid did and it's surprisingly good, like the reviewer actually gets GuP. https://www.destructoid.com/review-girls-und-panzer-dream-tank-match-492466.phtml

If you bought from Playasia and chose poverty shipping, expect to see it in April. :p

C-c-combo breaker! I am sad. :(

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a copy and I'm glad to say it's a lot better than I expected it to be. The story mode objectives are kinda phoned in but the real charm comes from the exhibition/ tournament matches.

In fact what surprises me most is that this is the same developer(NatsumeAtari) and publisher (Bandai) that just put out the Seven Deadly Sins game on PS4 (which is much worse) and the Godzilla game(which is a lot worse) a few years ago.

I honestly think Bandai should've localized this game for the western market. I don't think there are that many other arcade-y anime tank games that the west is familiar with anyway.

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm starting to think the game is PS4 Pro enhanced. My Pro kicks into overdrive at times with the fan and heat output, like no unenhanced game has ever done that, so surely GuP must also have improvements. Looking at some screenshots from other players as well, many times the game looks not so good in terms of AA or meh textures at a distance, but when I'm playing on my Pro I don't notice any of this...

Curious. Shame I've got no idea how to investigate the specifics.

I bought a copy and I'm glad to say it's a lot better than I expected it to be. The story mode objectives are kinda phoned in but the real charm comes from the exhibition/ tournament matches.

In fact what surprises me most is that this is the same developer(NatsumeAtari) and publisher (Bandai) that just put out the Seven Deadly Sins game on PS4 (which is much worse) and the Godzilla game(which is a lot worse) a few years ago.

I honestly think Bandai should've localized this game for the western market. I don't think there are that many other arcade-y anime tank games that the west is familiar with anyway.

Agreed 100%. They really missed out on localizing this properly, so many are trying to import, just look how hard it is to get physical copies atm. Stupid bandai. :(

too annoying to create a SEA psn. ill just get it elsewhere. If i get it at all now. Super pissed.

That is a shame. >_< It takes like 5-10 minutes tbh, and Singapore's PSN is all English. If you need help/change your mind I'll be here if you have questions about setting it up.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I started this today, this is 100x better than the Vita game and I even enjoyed that :D

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
Just received this today through Playasia with poverty shipping. A bit surprised at the number of loading screens considering the whole game is only 6.4GB, but overall a much better package than I expected. Super charming, and even plenty of online players. This is my first ever SEA import, and really pleased so far. Panzer vor!

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Can't believe it's already been a month, and here we are bumped on over to hangouts.

Online is still going quite strong. Very close to getting the platinum trophy for this, I estimate another hour or so of playtime. But since I am saving the Platinum for my 200th milestone, I'll have to put it on hold and figure out what I'mma do for 199 lol.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I need to plunge more time into this. I don't have PS Plus, but single player seems fun enough!

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I need to plunge more time into this. I don't have PS Plus, but single player seems fun enough!

There is something to be said about the unpredictable nature of fellow human beings when it comes to the online portion. Being a mostly single-player gamer I wasn't expecting much, but I did have quite some fun with online in this game.

Single-player is really fun as well, not so much the story (which does have it's own charms,) but rather the Domination Tournaments and Extreme difficulty challenge missions... Those are heart-pounding fun!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding the SP annoying because the game makes you watch the cutscene every time you go into a menu to select a level to play. I can't believe they designed the menus that way. lo

OP
OP
Echo

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm finding the SP annoying because the game makes you watch the cutscene every time you go into a menu to select a level to play. I can't believe they designed the menus that way. lo

Pretty sure they patched in an option to skip those. It was in the patch notes even.

Did you try pressing the Options button during the cutscenes?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they patched in an option to skip those. It was in the patch notes even.

Did you try pressing the Options button during the cutscenes?
Yeah you can skip them, but it's still annoying to have to watch them start up every time - particularly since you can't restart a mission from within the game menu. They should just have the battle select be the main menu with an option of letting you watch the cutscene if you want.
Or, they should have made a new cutscene to introduce each battle that appears in each stage. lol

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Necroing this one now.

Grabbed the asian Switch version (with eng subs) on launch digitally. For now, finished story with everyone, did the... other mode with Saunders and tried the Senshado Festival (which is new to the DX version I believe).
Really liked how the story is about the teams analyzing and discussing the battles from der Film, instead of being just "let's play the movie".
Senshado Festival reminds me of the current arc on Ribon no Musha manga, where the winning team can recruit the defeated team to proceed in the tournment (you start as a duo, and recruit one member of the enemy team each match). The last battle got me by surprise though.
It's your team of 5 against instructor Chono solo. The way her tank moves and aims/shoots is pretty incredible and swift. It's a flag tank match, but even if you're not the flag, if you get blown it's game over anyway.

Didn't unlock the french and shark teams yet. And online is super dead yo - guess I should try playing early in the morning to try and catch some asians online.

And I'm still getting used to tank controls on an analog stick...
Also the game is kinda ugly on docked mode - or at least the character models are. On handheld it's okay.

Last edited:

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Necroing this one now.

Grabbed the asian Switch version (with eng subs) on launch digitally. For now, finished story with everyone, did the... other mode with Saunders and tried the Senshado Festival (which is new to the DX version I believe).
Really liked how the story is about the teams analyzing and discussing the battles from der Film, instead of being just "let's play the movie".
Senshado Festival reminds me of the current arc on Ribon no Musha manga, where the winning team can recruit the defeated team to proceed in the tournment (you start as a duo, and recruit one member of the enemy team each match). The last battle got me by surprise though.
It's your team of 5 against instructor Chono solo. The way her tank moves and aims/shoots is pretty incredible and swift. It's a flag tank match, but even if you're not the flag, if you get blown it's game over anyway.

Didn't unlock the french and shark teams yet. And online is super dead yo - guess I should try playing early in the morning to try and catch some asians online.

And I'm still getting used to tank controls on an analog stick...
Also the game is kinda ugly on docked mode - or at least the character models are. On handheld it's okay.
How hard was it to buy? Might buy it for my japan trip

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
How hard was it to buy? Might buy it for my japan trip

Buy the code on whatsmall.com, redeem with a Hong Kong account.
But depending on the time of the day the site gets too busy and doesn't load - that's the biggest obstacle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They take credit cards only (and some asian payment services).

Someone on reddit said it's now available in the Singapore eShop too, but I didn't check it.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Buy the code on whatsmall.com, redeem with a Hong Kong account.
But depending on the time of the day the site gets too busy and doesn't load - that's the biggest obstacle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They take credit cards only (and some asian payment services).

Someone on reddit said it's now available in the Singapore eShop too, but I didn't check it.
I read a post just like this on reddit wonder if that was you lol. Thanks