• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sure, but I spotted:

David's son from the 1st movie, that actor's in there with Mother Glass and Casey from Split

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Instant goosebumps with that music, just like when it started during SPLIT. This is a total dream for me; that trailer was amazing.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer and super hyped. Beast needs to put on some damn pants no wonder he keeps winning fights just lets his dong flop around and distract his opponents

BeerMan

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
been managing to avoid the trailers till now. Will have to wear earphones in the theater to avoid the trailers.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd be looking forward to seeing a M. Night Shyamalan movie again.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
How long ago was this screening and how did they feel about the last two flicks

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of funny, Charlayne Woodard who plays Elijah's mother, is younger than Sam is.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking worse honestly. I still really hope it's good just so Unbroken - Split - Glass can become the best superhero film trilogy.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
im sorry but i do not understand the hype for this movie. that trailer looked so corny and bad

edit - granted ive only ever seen split and never unbreakable
You have to at least see unbreakable to understand why people are hyped. These super hero movies are-

...you know what? I wouldnt even call them "super hero" movies. They are so down to Earth. They focus less on CG and big explosions (like transformers/Marvel/DC) and more on character development and real world interactions. It all feels very personal. There's a very human aspect to these films that makes you feel creeped out and uneasy. Like their "abilities" could happen to someone irl. You just come away feeling like you've watched something really unique afterwards.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Care to share? Spoilers tags of course.

SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE according to my friend who saw it:

Sarah Paulson's character is part of some underground society of normal people that are working to suppress the existence of supers because they feel their existence is too damaging to the public.

The Beast throws Glass out of his wheelchair breaking multiple bones after a reveal about his involvement in Kevin's father's death. A SWAT team descends on the hospital parking lot where the final fight is happening. They pull David out of a water tank The Beast put him in and Casey convinces Kevin to take over for a moment and he's shot by a sniper-killing him. The SWAT team drowns David in a pothole killing him. As he dies, Sarah Paulson touches him - giving him a glimpse of the society. She then tells Glass his theory about creating supers by making them realize themselves was right and as he dies she reveals the societies purpose.

Then it jumps forward and Glass used the security cameras of the hospital to capture the fight between David and the Beast. Casey, Glass's mom and David's son upload it to the internet.

That's the nuts and bolts of it. There's some other stuff but a lot of it kind of never pays off lol

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Sarah Paulson's character is part of some underground society of normal people that are working to suppress the existence of supers because they feel their existence is too damaging to the public.

The Beast throws Glass out of his wheelchair breaking multiple bones after a reveal about his involvement in Kevin's father's death. A SWAT team descends on the hospital parking lot where the final fight is happening. They pull David out of a water tank The Beast put him in and Casey convinces Kevin to take over for a moment and he's shot by a sniper-killing him. The SWAT team drowns David in a pothole killing him. As he dies, Sarah Paulson touches him - giving him a glimpse of the society. She then tells Glass his theory about creating supers by making them realize themselves was right and as he dies she reveals the societies purpose.

Then it jumps forward and Glass used the security cameras of the hospital to capture the fight between David and the Beast. Casey, Glass's mom and David's son upload it to the internet.

That's the nuts and bolts of it. There's some other stuff but a lot of it kind of never pays off lol
that's gonna be a little bit yikes if true

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
You have to at least see unbreakable to understand why people are hyped. These super hero movies are-

...you know what? I wouldnt even call them "super hero" movies. They are so down to Earth. They focus less on CG and big explosions (like transformers/Marvel/DC) and more on character development and real world interactions. It all feels very personal. There's a very human aspect to these films that makes you feel creeped out and uneasy. Like their "abilities" could happen to someone irl. You just come away feeling like you've watched something really unique afterwards.
that was why i liked Split at first, up until he started crawling on the walls and shit. it just felt SO out of place in an otherwise grounded movie that it became laughable

this movie looks like it's doubling down on the wacky shit and not the more grounded, human stuff

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
that was why i liked Split at first, up until he started crawling on the walls and shit. it just felt SO out of place in an otherwise grounded movie that it became laughable

this movie looks like it's doubling down on the wacky shit and not the more grounded, human stuff
That's in large part the point. These movies aren't about super hero origins but what superhero comics as medium means to these characters. It's insane and cheesy because these characters cling to the mythology of being superheroes in a world where they have no reason to exist but due to personal failings never really moved on from it.

The shyamalan twist is precisely because their powers aren't imaginary is why they're a danger to other people.

Split as a movie is the most divorced from this so it's understandable why you didn't get it by an large this series events as a result of the character who calls himself glass delusion.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Bruce Willis hardly seems like he's in this movie.

Isn't that the point of the hero having to go against the team of villains?

Hydeus

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
France

Hum. Why not.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Love unbreakabke and split but both trailers have done nothing for me. Still looking forward to them but not super hyped based on what I've seen.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Love unbreakabke and split but both trailers have done nothing for me. Still looking forward to them but not super hyped based on what I've seen.

Yeah I dunno why but something is just not working for me. On paper it's awesome, but the trailers just leave me cold. Maybe I've been burnt out by too many decades-later sequels and remakes or something. Good to see M Knight revitalise his career though, hopefully he's been humbled by criticism and low budgets.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that all sounds like something Shyamalan would do. I am now considerably less excited for the movie.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017

If that's true that's a real letdown after all this time