• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
I hope everyone on that team is compensated with exorbitant bonuses assuming the game sells as well as forecasted.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
love it when they think those are still nice talking points.
get on with times moron.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
If you "love us" you delay the game 6-12 months and respect yourselves better. Wtf is this toxic self imposed work culture "for us" nonsense.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, talk about not knowing how to read the room. This one tweet is going to backfire on him spectacularly

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was gonna happen the moment people were praising how they were able to get a studio up and running and have an AAA game(oh sorry...AAAA game) ready in such a short amount of time in the midst of the pandemic.

There are no free lunches.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
The "U do it cause ya luv it" is probably a sentiment that isn't shared by most of his workers. Big yikes.

How long before this tweet is deleted?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Who likes hearing that developers are working 72-105 hours a week? And which poor soul is voluntarily working for that long and fine with it? It's just not good for your health, sorry to be so presumptive.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
But do they have to do that? There's no shame in delaying the game to avoid crunch (even if "no one's forcing them"). I'd rather they release a game when it's ready, not to hold to some deadline they said it would release on.

runlikehell

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'm not supporting this game. Sorry to the staff putting up with this and having it enforced on them.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just delay it. If this comes out this year i feel like it will be still unfinished with bad performance issues as we seen in recent trailers and the team worked its ass off for "nothing"

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Working yourself to death and showing pride in that decision is super, super aged.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
why the fuck is he bragging about crunching the devs

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Who likes hearing that developers are working 72-105 hours a week? And which poor soul is voluntarily working for that long and fine with it? It's just not good for your health, sorry to be so presumptive.
It's deep seeded in gaming sadly. It being a passion profession it is rife with that type of exploitation.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
If the publisher isn't forcing you to have this game out before December
then delay the damn game and don't have people work that much I doubt these crunch periods net better results

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Easy for the boss to say that they love it. Hard for other people to do otherwise when that's the attitude at the top.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Sure is easier love something when you most likely have equity in the studio and no one will question when you decide to stop working.

I'm sure the corporate culture looks different for the average worker than a C-level exec.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I dont think thats healthy. I wouldnt do it even if I was working on something I love so much as videogames.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Glenn Schofied was born from the early days at Crystal Dynamics where it was assumed that you would work 12-15 hours a day 7 days a week fir six months. And sure no one "forced" you to do it, but guess what happened to the people that didn't do it once the game shipped.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
yikes

unwillingness to delay is the problem not something to be proud of