• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Searched and found nothing. Sorry if old.

http://www.psnation.com/2017/11/22/so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish/

I don't know if many people here listen to or like the PlayStation Nation Podcast, but I've been listening since July 2008. It launched in March 2007 (making it the longest running PlayStation theme podcast, I believe). Glenn Percival, it's co-founder has been there since day one. He never missed an episode until last year, when he suffered a stroke. Due to various conditions (more in the link above), he announced during the most recent episode, that he will leave as co-host in January. It sounds like the other co-host, Josh Langford, is unclear on his own future with the podcast as well (he recently became a PR/Marketing guy for the Virry VR people). The next-generation of hosts are writers/contributors of the site that will eventually take the reigns. 10+ years is a good run for a podcast, but when it's time to end, it's time to end. Well being is more important than a video game podcast.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Health comes first, Glenn :) Thank you for all the hard work. Now enjoy your extra time you will get. You deserve it!

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Yeah,read that this morning..one of my favorite podcast,been listening since before Josh came along...I remember downloading older episodes when I started listening about 9 years ago...podcasts where kind of new back then,use to grab them via RSS on my PSP lol...I am going to miss this.

Anyway,thanks for the awesome episodes through the years Glenn and more importantly,hang in there bro and good luck.

mkp64

Oct 25, 2017
Dang I used to listen to PSNation back in 08. Sad to hear he's had health issues

OP
OP
EdReedFan20

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah,read that this morning..one of my favorite podcast,been listening since before Josh came along...I remember downloading older episodes when I started listening about 9 years ago...podcasts where kind of new back then,use to grab them via RSS on my PSP lol...I am going to miss this.

Anyway,thanks for the awesome episodes through the years Glenn and more importantly,hang in there bro and good luck.

The show's not going anywhere. It's not too dissimilar to what happened with Podcast Beyond. I mean, Podcast Beyond without Greg and Colin was, at one time, an unfathomable thought. The new generation of that show has done quite well. Hopefully (if Josh does leave, too), PSNation will continue on as Podcast Beyond has.

Torgo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks all. The current plan is for Dave and MJC to take the podcast over, and they've always done a great job when they've joined us, and at events. Hopefully we'll get more details nailed-down soon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The show's not going anywhere. It's not too dissimilar to what happened with Podcast Beyond. I mean, Podcast Beyond without Greg and Colin was, at one time, an unfathomable thought. The new generation of that show has done quite well. Hopefully (if Josh does leave, too), PSNation will continue on as Podcast Beyond has.

Never listened to this podcast but the thread title made me think of Beyond which is why I clicked.
The Greg-Colin-Clements era of Beyond was fucking legendary and still hasn't been topped as far as podcasts go IMO. Especially during the very brief period where both Clements and Goldfarb were at IGN. I wasn't even listening to Beyond at the time as I started in February 2013 when the PS4 was announced but I went back to episodes as far back as late 2010 and that era of Beyond before Clements was let go from IGN was great.

OP
OP
EdReedFan20

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks all. The current plan is for Dave and MJC to take the podcast over, and they've always done a great job when they've joined us, and at events. Hopefully we'll get more details nailed-down soon.

How cool would it be if you could so something at PSX? I know the podcast is probably not "big" enough for a panel, but some recognition would be really cool, considering it's (by all accounts) the longest running PlayStation-based podcast.

OP
OP
EdReedFan20

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
PSX will be very low-key for me this year, but I'm ok with that ;-)

I tweeted you and Josh about this a few weeks ago, but are you going to miss them having a conference? That Friday night thing doesn't sound like anything really "new" will come from it. I do hope they have something Dream during that presentation. I know Media Molecule said Dreams would have a presence there. I hope it's not just playable demos for guests.

Torgo

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see what they do Friday night. I actually expect that they'll announce cross-platform play for games like Rocket League though.

admartian

Oct 27, 2017
I've been listening since uni (possibly even within the first 100 episodes) in train rides, during study etc.

Sitting at work now this news sounds a bit bittersweet. But we know health and wellbeing comes first. Good to know that it is still continuing in some format (still about halfway the episode where you guys announced this).

All the best mate and good luck to you and your health.

Don't be a stranger and please pop in the show whenever it is suitable for you! Cheers!

Torgo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been listening since uni (possibly even within the first 100 episodes) in train rides, during study etc.

Sitting at work now this news sounds a bit bittersweet. But we know health and wellbeing comes first. Good to know that it is still continuing in some format (still about halfway the episode where you guys announced this).

All the best mate and good luck to you and your health.

Don't be a stranger and please pop in the show whenever it is suitable for you! Cheers!

Thanks very much :-)