• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

The FUCK out of nowhere, WHAT? O_o Seems legit, it's the verified account.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/go-vacation-switch

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A resort vacation is always at your fingertips with the new GO VACATION game for the Nintendo Switch system. From sky diving and beach volleyball to tennis and even snowball fights, Kawawii island offers something for everyone, with more than 50 different games and activities to enjoy. Check out a new trailer for the game by visiting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDG_siAbPQE.

Created by acclaimed developer BANDAI NAMCO, GO VACATION includes a variety of cooperative and competitive games that can be played solo or with up to four players via a single Nintendo Switch system or local wireless (additional accessories are required and are sold separately). Several activities offer the option to use motion controls, making swinging your tennis racket and throwing snowballs even more fun and immersive.

Discover new surprises each day as you adventure through the four different resort areas on Kawawii island. While exploring – either on foot, on horseback, on a snowmobile or more – you'll discover numerous collectibles, challenges and other opportunities to level up and customize your character. Decorate your own villa, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the food trucks and snap in-game photos of the dozens of adorable animals hiding in each resort. Regular challenges and presents, like special costumes and different dog breeds, will keep you coming back for hours of Kawawii island adventures.

For more information about GO VACATION, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/go-vacation-switch.

Last edited:

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Neato. One upping Nintendo for not bringing a Wii Sports Resort-like game to Switch yet. Hopefully they improve some of the controls while they do the reworking for the joycons.

Weird so many people don't know of the Wii version, it was talked about quite a bit given it was the one real competitor to Wii Sports Resort, mostly by the sheer variety it offered.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks awesome. So many different games in one. Hyped.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Goddamnit. All this accomplishes is making me want new instalments of Pilotwings, Endless Ocean, 1080 and Wave Race.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Weird thing I only found out about this game very recently, people were discussing it in some thread I can't remember the context. Was it any decent? Compared to Wii Sports Resort?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what?

This has to be the biggest oddball title to get ported over...
Weird thing I only found out about this game very recently, people were discussing it in some thread I can't remember the context. Was it any decent? Compared to Wii Sports Resort?
I have it and I can claim it's more like an open world sports resort with more activities that you can shake a stick on. The real fun comes from exploring the island for secrets (pretty much imagine if the menu of Pilotwings was like Birdman/Freeflight mode, only you walk around instead of fly...but yeah you can fly around once you've unlocked the right activity) and other hidden activities.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
For a second I thought they rebranded Wii Sports Resort... I don't think I've ever heard of this game before.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Holy Shit this game is AWESOME

It is not even funny how better it was from other minigame compilations on the Wii in EVERY aspect

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
That trajectory and speed of the ball as the player serves, fuck me man. This is gonna be 50 crappy minigames isn't it?

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Look at those sweet poly-bears

FfMIufp.png

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, originally a Wii game? Figured there was no way they were putting out something new that looks so visually poor.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seems like ehanced port

New on Nintendo Switch

• Marine & Mountain fishing with 30+ species of fish
  • 40+ types of animals to photograph and store in your in-game photo collection
  • Find boxes filled with rewards dropped by a plane

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Happy to Day One this.

EDIT:

Hope this continues with the Nintendo trend for adding in accessibility options. Auto-drive and drive-assist on Mario Kart were golden.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty cool. Isn't this the game where you can explore the entire island on foot or am I thinking of a different Wii game? I remember hearing good things about of these minigame collections but don't remember which one. Fishing maybe?

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Namco and Nintendo didn't work together to turn this into a Sports Resort sequel (it's pretty much what it looks like anyways)

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember this game from the Wii (though I never played it), if it's any good then I might have to pick it up. It looks like it could be fun.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Why didn't they hold this back for E3!? Such a significant release. And in a genre the Switch is really starved for too (multiplayer party game)!

Everything about this confuses me.

EDIT: Wait, no online? LOL.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly the kind of sporting mini game style game I want - a world to explore, oddball activities in addition to regular arcade sports, relaxing atmosphere.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
PR:

Enjoy a Fun-Filled Virtual Family Vacation Anytime, Anywhere When GO VACATION Launches for Nintendo Switch on July 27
A resort vacation is always at your fingertips with the new GO VACATION game for the Nintendo Switch system. From sky diving and beach volleyball to tennis and even snowball fights, Kawawii island offers something for everyone, with more than 50 different games and activities to enjoy. Check out a new trailer for the game by visiting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDG_siAbPQE.

Created by acclaimed developer BANDAI NAMCO, GO VACATION includes a variety of cooperative and competitive games that can be played solo or with up to four players via a single Nintendo Switch system or local wireless (additional accessories are required and are sold separately). Several activities offer the option to use motion controls, making swinging your tennis racket and throwing snowballs even more fun and immersive.

Discover new surprises each day as you adventure through the four different resort areas on Kawawii island. While exploring – either on foot, on horseback, on a snowmobile or more – you'll discover numerous collectibles, challenges and other opportunities to level up and customize your character. Decorate your own villa, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the food trucks and snap in-game photos of the dozens of adorable animals hiding in each resort. Regular challenges and presents, like special costumes and different dog breeds, will keep you coming back for hours of Kawawii island adventures.

For more information about GO VACATION, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/go-vacation-switch.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Wait, what?

This has to be the biggest oddball title to get ported over...
I have it and I can claim it's more like an open world sports resort with more activities that you can shake a stick on. The real fun comes from exploring the island for secrets (pretty much imagine if the menu of Pilotwings was like Birdman/Freeflight mode, only you walk around instead of fly...but yeah you can fly around once you've unlocked the right activity) and other hidden activities.
Do the activities have similar depth, close quality?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they hold this back for E3!? Such a significant release. And in a genre the Switch is really starved for too (multiplayer party game)!

Everything about this confuses me.
I think they realize this mostly targets a different audience than the people who get hyped for E3.

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
Unexpected, that was an awesome game!! I will buy it again, I hope they re-do a bit the gameplay.

That's what I was always expecting nintendo to do with their amiibo sport franchises.