• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
Once unblocked the minigames you can access instantly to them.

I still didn't unblock the tennis game, but if it's so basic as the volley game it would be better if you don't have very high expectations...

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Is there a quick way to access minigames for local multiplayer?

Can't answer the first since I still haven't played the switch version but the second one:

2u667Ia.png

yes.

You do have to unlock them before it.

but if it's so basic as the volley game it would be better if you don't have very high expectations...

You are talking about the easy mode that you play to unlock or the full game after you unlock it and play in the activities menu?

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
Yes.
Still didn't play it again because I'm focusing in unblocking other games.

I know that in the second and further replays it gets more complex, but it surprised me the automovement, I didn't remember it from the wii. If it gets free movement later then it's something completely different.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Does this have a decent motion tennis game in it?

Is there a quick way to access minigames for local multiplayer?

Yes.
Still didn't play it again because I'm focusing in unblocking other games.

I know that in the second and further replays it gets more complex, but it surprised me the automovement, I didn't remember it from the wii. If it gets free movement later then it's something completely different.

I just decided to check for you guys.

- It does have Motion Controls where you swing up to launch the ball, the hold buttons and swing for different shots.

- Manual Movement is an option but pressing X before the match begins, can be set on a per-player basis by looks of it. It is done by the Right Stick.

- Motion is an option in Golf, Volleyball and others even Air Hockey (move with left stick, hit with right Joycon motions, hold X and motion for hard hit).

- Strangely Volleyball lets you select what Joycon (left or right Motion or both for Full Controls) that you wanna use before the match...but Golf and Tennis you have to do it at the start of the Activity Menu at the Top-Right.

Also, even though I own Mario Tennis, I have not used Motion on that so can't compare...but I wouldn't call the Motion on this game's tennis "decent" on one glance at it. Passable, much like the rest of the Activities in the game. EDIT: Mario Tennis Auto Moves for you in Tennis and there is no option for manual.

And yes, much like the Wii game, you can select Resort or Activity Menu for the games you have unlocked (strangely Tennis is there but I haven't played Tennis in the Resort yet, so I guess some games are Unlocked before you play the in the Resort Mode.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
I've been having a lot of fun with this game and the graphics look really nice in handheld mode. There's a surprising variety to the activities, and I did not expect a tony hawk type gameplay system

The best thing though is that the load times are good, its basically a game I wanted to have to mess around with when I have spare time away from a computer and its great for that

Expensive but pleased I bought digitally, since its a game best played in short bursts

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
there are quite a few minor complaints I have:
1. why couldn't I use right stick to rotate camera (when freerunning)
2. why forced motion
3. why can't I change appearance (hair, skin color)
4. why so many loading
5. why ask me to choose vehicle everytime

but overall the game is fun and ambitious, just lacks polish and depth.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
there are quite a few minor complaints I have:
1. why couldn't I use right stick to rotate camera (when freerunning)
2. why forced motion
3. why can't I change appearance (hair, skin color)
4. why so many loading
5. why ask me to choose vehicle everytime

but overall the game is fun and ambitious, just lacks polish and depth.

1)yeah,you have to use L button+left stick.Probably because you can play the game with one joycon.But yeah it could have been improved.
2)you can remove it when you are in the activities menu for each game i think.(icons on the top right)
3)Not sure if i understand but you can change your avatar...you can also use your miis.
4)probably because it's a lazy port :p
5)yeah it's a bit annoying,but at the same time you can start a resort with a cool vehicle.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
are the new feature already activated?

the online ghost challengers?and the plane that drop things?
because i didn't see any of those things yet...

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
are the new feature already activated?

the online ghost challengers?and the plane that drop things?
because i didn't see any of those things yet...

Where did you read about these features?

It also says in the tips that people from over the world can look at your Villa, but I presume that is only friends as I ain't seen any Villa but my own!

Feel free to add: SW-5791-6274-8023

I want to see if this Villa nonsense works!

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Where did you read about these features?

!

-Friends (seemingly online?) can have their characters show up within the world, allowing you to challenge their best times in minigames.
-Planes can airdrop crates full of rewards onto various parts of the island.

But yeah i think the ghost challenge works only with friends.

Also i still don't know how you can take pictures of the animals yet.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
-Friends (seemingly online?) can have their characters show up within the world, allowing you to challenge their best times in minigames.
-Planes can airdrop crates full of rewards onto various parts of the island.

But yeah i think the ghost challenge works only with friends.

Also i still don't know how you can take pictures of the animals yet.

Also this:

• Daily challenges appear in sets of three across the island

Still not active! So maybe they will put these things up later. Flip the Switch, guys! People actually bought the game! :P

I presume these will appear in "Daily Orienteering" under the "Challenges" part in the Pause Menu.

Also when you at a complete stop, press L-Stick in to enter camera.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I'm a sucker for a good game packed with content and various activities... but I'm not sure about this one. A 30$/€ price point would have been better I think.

What is the Solo play worth ? I don't play with anyone.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
you can choose a mii if no presset fits your style =P
1)yeah,you have to use L button+left stick.Probably because you can play the game with one joycon.But yeah it could have been improved.
2)you can remove it when you are in the activities menu for each game i think.(icons on the top right)
3)Not sure if i understand but you can change your avatar...you can also use your miis.
4)probably because it's a lazy port :p
5)yeah it's a bit annoying,but at the same time you can start a resort with a cool vehicle.

well I like in-game avatar but I want specific face with pony tail (for example) but the game does not allow me to do that, bummer.

about the "removing forced motion" thing, thanks, I'll try when I got home.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Feel free to add: SW-5791-6274-8023
Just added. Guaranteed none of my friends will be getting this game, but would def like to see the online features at work if actually there.

Edit: Removed Switch friend code since I really have not been playing this game much at all since release lol

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just added (Switch name should be Chester). Guaranteed none of my friends will be getting this game, but would def like to see the online features at work if actually there.

If anyone else wants more Go Vacation switch friends: SW-5738-5786-8860

Accepted. But I'm still thinking it ain't there yet haha.

Looking on Twitter btw, there are 30 days of Daily Gifts. So unless you time skip, we got days left!

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hadok

I will double post as I feel this is important to warrant its own post for everyone.

I have completed the Stamp Challenge and now unlocked:

- Daily Challenges which are in 3 categories:

DjTCpUBUYAAldle

- Gift Boxes which float down when you hear a plane noise.

DjTCk54UcAAKw9u

DjTCxBAUYAAM-cj

- Getting Challenges from other player's ghosts:

DjTC3_LU4AAE4Wq

DjTC7WBU8AAKEV6

DjTC0f7UcAAcHeT

DjTCtazU8AA2I29

I think some might just be there for show as in the Snow Resort, I had 2 Challengers pop up: "Snowman 01" and "Snowman 02".

Now if you'll excuse me, I got some houses to try to jump over.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Oh ok ! Thanks :)

That's cool :)

this will add a lot of fun things to do in the game :)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I think this is probably similar to that Disneyland game which was on Kinect but now on X1 in that it's a theme park with Minigames.

I really hope we get another one of these in the future as I feel like a Switch-Centric one could be great with Online Play for some games and maybe even having Zones be a tiny bit bigger.

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
So I talked to a random NPC and he joined me, but now I don't find the option to quit him. Any option to fire a npc?

PhoenixSFT

Oct 25, 2017
Superior, CO
Skydiving is such BS in handheld mode. How hard is it to add regular controls instead of having to hold my Switch horizontal to try and move into formation?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
i just use the L/R button.

Yeah but I like to be show-offy. :P

EDIT: Wondered how the Punching Minigame was with Motion...

...Without Motion Controls, you had to Wiggle both left and right Stick then shake controller...with Motion it was just wiggle left and right and punch at the right time...I almost perfected:

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
So today I discovered that this game apparently has an awesome remix of Your Vibe from Ridge Racer Type 4 plus more from various other Namco properties?

Now I guess I have to get it at some point...

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
just picked this up, gonna be a fun time in mp i think

(that r4 track also may have had something to do with my purchase)

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I caved and bought this after remembering my GCU discount works even if I didn't pre-order a game. Grinding around the rooftops of the city resort alone has been a lot of fun. I also love how the car racing is a mini homage to Ridge Racer complete with a tropical version of the first game's theme, cars with arcade game titles on the side, the classic sound effect when you fill your nitrous bar, and the announcer that says "IT'S THE FINAL LAP, HANG IN THERE!"

There have been a couple minigames so far that clearly had less effort put into them than others but none of them have really been bad. If I have any complaint it's that there's sometimes a bit of forced motion control even when you've chosen to use buttons, skydiving being an obvious offender.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
This game could do with some serious QoL/presentation fixes.

Talking to someone and having them ask me a question, to which I can't say yes or no until I've gone through a loading screen, is balls. Then saying no has another loading screen. There are so many loading screens.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's definitely a shame they didn't put more effort into fixing up the game's technical problems. Sure the framerate is better, but man I still hate those loading screens.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
This game could do with some serious QoL/presentation fixes.

Talking to someone and having them ask me a question, to which I can't say yes or no until I've gone through a loading screen, is balls. Then saying no has another loading screen. There are so many loading screens.

Were these loading screens also in the Wii version?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This version of Go Vacation is disappointing, though, because it lacks a tune that I unironically love from the original North American Wii release:

That said, it does have this as the awesome credits theme, which I couldn't help but dance to!

This game is going to sell gangbusters on Switch isn't it?

I don't think so, but I would love to see it do well. It's near the end of the top 30 best-seller chart for eShop games in North America.

Were these loading screens also in the Wii version?

I believe the load screens were much longer, but I could be mistaken.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This was just absolute madness the other day in Table Hockey. Absolute madness and absolute luck.

Dec 22, 2017
My daughter has put a lot of hours into this game, and I just realized the save data will not transfer to a Switch Lite. WTF is up with that? There is an option to copy the user, but I assume the save data will get deleted in the process. Does anyone know for sure?

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My daughter has put a lot of hours into this game, and I just realized the save data will not transfer to a Switch Lite. WTF is up with that? There is an option to copy the user, but I assume the save data will get deleted in the process. Does anyone know for sure?

www.nintendo.com

Go Vacation™ for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Go Vacation™ and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Well then, it doesn't support cloud saves... that's pretty odd! I'd guess it has to do with how the game handles its world by being system based (ala ACNH), but that's still disappointing. Maybe if you contacted Nintendo support they could help? Don't think there's any other option...

Dec 22, 2017
www.nintendo.com

Go Vacation™ for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Go Vacation™ and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Well then, it doesn't support cloud saves... that's pretty odd! I'd guess it has to do with how the game handles its world by being system based (ala ACNH), but that's still disappointing. Maybe if you contacted Nintendo support they could help? Don't think there's any other option...

I was feeling bold and transferred the entire user and the saves moved over with it. Woo hoo!

(OK I tested it out with her 4 year old sister's account first lol)