• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ktkixec.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly shocked that a game like this (with a history on consoles) would launch without any controller support and require third party solutions. Wild.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Just goes to show how Valve has really polished Steam over time and built in a lot of features that we take for granted.

This is... Wow...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is this the early 2000's? I haven't heard of a game without native controller support (when it has console versions) in ages.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
wait what does the solution 2 guide link to?
I don't think I've seen a game within the last 10 years atleast that doesn't atleast support XInput

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Strange how the devs don't implement native support for controller in their game in this age of gaming. It's not like Unreal 5 engine is not capable of it.

I guess they just haven't or don't implement it for any reason.

Besides, if one of solutions is to use Steam client, then how will players control the game if there's no native controller support at all?
They have to bind keyboard keys to controller?

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
Thread title should be changed a bit.
Goat Sim 3 does have support for xinput controllers via UE4's default input engine. (And will even show proper button icons and a controller layout guide in the settings)
They probably suggest Steam Input because it supports all sorts of more exotic controllers like Switch Pro etc.
It's a shame it doesn't have native dualshock/dualsense support, but a lot of games don't. That's why I just use DS4Windows for almost everything.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
This game has console versions. How the hell did the devs not put native controller support in the PC build?

(are we sure it doesn't actually support Xbox controllers etc..? and they recommend using steam to get controllers like the dual shock working?)

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
playing with a controller is the equivalent of moving to canada

we need to fight for the keyboard controls we have today

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I played the game on pc and it recognised my xbox controller just like any other game and changed the icons. Feels like there is some misunderstanding happening in this thread.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the new games to be moneyhatted by Tim to be store exclusive, he picked Goat Simulator 3?

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I played the game on pc and it recognised my xbox controller just like any other game and changed the icons. Feels like there is some misunderstanding happening in this thread.
I believe the devs worded their statement poorly, which is obvious once you look at their second solution. All you need to use the controller is the controller's drivers. You have your Xbox driver installed, hence the game works with it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lifetime license for Xpadder that I could use this with!! Finally.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the problem. This is necessary to allow devs to keep 88% of your money, as opposed to Valve acting like highway robbers and taking 30% of their well earned money.
In fact, if Steam wasn't a monopoly, devs wouldn't just assume the launcher provides "drivers" for them and instead make sure their games work properly on all PC stores. These are just natural teething issues as PC gaming is becoming fairer and more competitive once more.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
If solution 2 is literally "install controller drivers" then I don't see what the fuss is about.

Even with Steam you need to install GPU drivers yourself if you want games to work properly, so it's not like installing drivers for your hardware is an alien concept to PC gamers.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I hate games being exclusive to Epic as much as the next guy, but i feel like all the games i tried on Epic store had good controller support, even for directinput.

Also, didn't know there was a Goat Simulator 2 lol

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I hate games being exclusive to Epic as much as the next guy, but i feel like all the games i tried on Epic store had good controller support, even for directinput.

Also, didn't know there was a Goat Simulator 2 lol

There wasn't a Goat Simulator 2, it's part of the joke.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
DS4windows is a common solution, and Xinput is clearly supported just from looking at the posted image. This is nothing.