• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, can't wait to try a God Eater made from the ground up for consoles. Tried playing the first two on PS4 but their handheld origins were way too obvious. I'm not expecting MHW levels of improvement, but I'm expecting some.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Seriously.

I guess I should worship the handhelds first before playing this, to give some respect.

You're not wrong about it being unfettered in terms of having more horsepower to play with, but whether Bamco puts in the effort to take advantage of it is another matter.

I do understand the angst if you've been playing the series on the Vita though.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Finally free from handheld limitations !
Hooray !

but it looks like a handheld game so maybe people are more happy that some won't have the game that the fact that themselves will.
No, it can't be, this is a respectable forum

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This is the forum where people post "portable ghetto" and don't get even warned. I think it's fine to say this is annoying.

There's a better basis for it than usual console wars nonsense. No one wants their favorite franchise limited by hardware so much weaker.

Yeah, the PC argument works if you wanna go there. But in that case it'd have to be more than just prettier graphics. If so, I think most console fans would calm down.

Finally free from handheld limitations !
Hooray !

but it looks like a handheld game so maybe people are more happy that some won't have the game that the fact that themselves will.
No, it can't be, this is a respectable forum

I don't think anyone cares if you have the game or not.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
You're not wrong about it being unfettered in terms of having more horsepower to play with, but whether Bamco puts in the effort to take advantage of it is another matter.

I do understand the angst if you've been playing the series on the Vita though.
Actually, the trailer wasn't there when I submitted my first post here, so expected something bigger and polished.

But after watching the trailer (and gameplay video), it seems that they didn't really take advantage of the new base platform as you said. So, yeah.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seriously people are fighting over this one? lol

This doesn't even look good. It looks like barely an upgrade over Vita entries.
I'm guessing people will stick with MHW on PS4 and PC.

There's a better basis for it than usual console wars nonsense. No one wants their favorite franchise limited by hardware so much weaker.

Yeah, the PC argument works if you wanna go there. But in that case it'd have to be more than just prettier graphics. If so, I think most console fans would calm down.

I don't think anyone cares if you have the game or not.

To be fair portable offers something console and PC don't so I kinda understand the other side.
Also, if you are talking about advantage of PC version, it's more than just graphic. It also gives you few things:
1. Better fps and smoothness due to much better CPU. Console CPU are behind by 8 years.
2. Back catalogue access across generations. Digital games I bought for PS3 now can't be accessed on PS4. Games I bought years ago on Steam, I can still play after changing my PC twice.
3. Mod support
4. For some genre, better control. Shooter is always better played using KB+M

Last edited:

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Day one, will only be picking up the PC version if it has JP voice otherwise its PS4. 200hrs on GE2:RB and loved every minute.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And people said the Vita games would all move to Switch.
Somehow, the hunting genre is now moving to PS4 and Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
No surprises on the platforms.

Demo play from livestream right now. New weapon shown so far is dual blade. Oh looks like it can morph into what is it called, double blade?

So, we Lord of Apocalypse now.

GE was a PSVITA exclusive and GE2 is a PSVITA/PS4/PC title, but PSVITA is dead in the west, it's not that smart to release another GE on a dead console in the West, compared to PS4/PC.
GE was never on Nintendo Platforms for some reasons.
Both games started on the PSP. GE2 Vita was a port, IIRC.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
No one wants their favorite franchise limited by hardware so much weaker.
then when will all games move out of Console Ghetto? I dont want my games delayed from glorious PC 4K/ 60 FPS cause devs have to figure out how to make em run 1080 30 FPS on consoles and faux 4K whatever board

/s
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware power will never be an argument unless you are advocating from PC perspective

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Getting this or another title on Switch would be the fair thing to do for those who have stuck with this series on handheld.
What? They don't owe people anything for being fans of the handheld games.

My friends played Monster Hunter all the time on the 3DS. When World came out only for home platforms they all got PS4s and played the game.

It's like they cared more about games than platforms or something.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
"Too grindy for TV gaming" is a new and interesting perspective. I'll have to be less cavalier with my gaming purchases as I wouldn't want my console and PC to hold me captive at home.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"free"? It literally only exists because the handheld market saved the hunting genre. GE was only created because of it.

I wonder if this kind of post would be acceptable if it was PC people celebrating games skipping "console ghetto".

The reason the series can continue now is because of home platforms though.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Well i wouldnt say that " I think GE3 could be on Switch as well" is such a ridiculous statement to begin with xD But i guess Bamco or Project GE disagrees.

I never understand why they always make a drama about the plattform when it always ends up being on PS4 anyway lol. Just a couple things that western devs/pubs handle way better...fells like many jp publisher tease all the time for the most obvious information hah.
No, there's nothing wrong with that. The ridiculous statement is your post about the market deserving to crash if GE3 isn't on Switch/PS4. :P

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
then when will all games move out of Console Ghetto? I dont want my games delayed from glorious PC 4K/ 60 FPS cause devs have to figure out how to make em run 1080 30 FPS on consoles and faux 4K whatever board

/s
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware power will never be an argument unless you are advocating from PC perspective
Nonsense. Don't act like there is no huge difference (way bigger than anything PC/home console) between a handheld game and playing at home on a way more powerful home console. You know exactly what he meant with his post.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Member has been warned: back seat modding.
Folks, Monster Hunter World has come along and proven that there's a big market for these types of games on non-handheld platforms, so if you could give the subtle-but-not-so-subtle port begging a rest, that would be great.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason the series can continue now is because of home platforms though.
So maybe be happy for that instead of shitting on the original platforms and implying only console players should always be cattered to?

Folks, Monster Hunter World has come along and proven that there's a big market for these types of games on non-handheld platforms, so if you could give the subtle-but-not-so-subtle port begging a rest, that would be great.
Literally no one said that there's no space for these games. It's just that console players get free pass here to trash other platforms.

Also, nice that years of carrying the genre are instantly disregarded because of one game.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Nonsense. Don't act like there is no huge difference (way bigger than anything PC/home console) between a handheld game and playing at home on a way more powerful home console. You know exactly what he meant with his post.
please, im sure the gap between Highend PC and Console is bigger than say PS4 and Switch currently

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Every goddamn thread...
Silent+Hill+2+shot+25.jpg

Anyway, looks okay like all GE games.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
MH:W success is more than "just put it on Consoles nad PC" Cause, folks, Fact, Mon Hun had several try out/ ports/ spin off in PC and Consoles before World. so just claiming that straight just putting on consoles/ PC will be a magic improvement for sales is a fallacy

Playing in front of a HD TV with a current-gen console vs. handheld? No. And I'm not talking purely about specs. Again, you know exactly what the poster above meant.
correct me if Im wrong but, if only there were a way to display the Switch image in a TV... HMMMMMM

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
No, I was referring to your post about the market deserving to crash if GE3 isn't on Switch/PS4. :P
I said that j-pubs would have to get their shit together for Switch/PS4...if they dont follow through they might jeopardize the traditional homeconsole market.

We take it for granted since thats how most JP publishers have been operating for years....most big games were always in some way plattform exclusives. In western markets people would riot if big games werent multiplattform unless there is a specific reason for it - see the last Tomb Raider release.

Having said that....Bamco as a publisher is in a position were they can take this approach, i would assume they have realistic sales expectations for this one.
correct me if Im wrong but, if only there were a way to display the Switch image in a TV... HMMMMMM
lol

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I knew from the very first post that this thread would end up like this.

I'll keep tabs on this game near its release.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Lol the graphics look so much worse than Code Vein. Are they serious with this visuals?
At least the gameplay looks more fun than Code Vein.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
It actually looks alright, if marketed properly I think it could do reasonably well.

As for this not hitting the Switch, are there seriously gonna be complaints every time a game is announced and doesn't go there? Some people need to understand third part publishers don't owe you anything...

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
It actually looks alright, if marketed properly I think it could do reasonably well.

As for this not hitting the Switch, are there seriously gonna be complaints every time a game is announced and doesn't go there? Some people need to understand third part publishers don't owe you anything...
is not about THE SWITCH is bout Handhelds, turn out that after Sony bailed out on the VITA Switch is now the only handheld left. so. you put 1 + 1 together

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Member has been warned: drive-by post that adds nothing to the discussion. We do not need meta-commentary.
Damn, this thread is nothing about the actual announcement or the game.

I am out.

anigif_enhanced-22137-1450692207-7.gif

Oct 25, 2017
That first post. The port begging, I just don't get it anymore it's numbing. The franchise was already on Sony/PS4 anyway so there shouldn't be any surprise about the platform choices. Wasn't it also confirmed for XBO in the west?

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Don't mean to de-rail
GE has always been an alright franchise for me, hope they get to change the formula, and I'm not taking about just combat.
Doubt this will be a day one buy but still excited nonethelesss

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

/s

You know what? I'm actually not going to play this game with you. I'm free to draw the line where I want when it comes to my money, and so is everyone else.

Someone saying they're more interested now because it's away from portables is fine. If you're less interested, thats fine too.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017
Member has been warned: drive-by post that only fuels console wars and adds nothing to the topic.
That first post. The port begging, I just don't get it anymore it's numbing. The franchise was already on Sony/PS4 anyway so there shouldn't be any surprise about the platform choices. Wasn't it also confirmed for XBO in the west?

What's even funnier is that it's coming from the fanbase which in the past several years kept saying "who cares about third party, nintendo games are good enough", home console wise. It's amazing to see.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Neat.
Here's hoping that this time around on Steam the online play works with more than 2 players :/
Got so sick and tired of being stuck on a loading screen after mission success to only lose that success as we had to hard fail because we were playing with 3 players -_-

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Why do you keep talking about the Switch when it's not even part of the announcement?
read the whole line of the conversation.

They dont owe you anything, if you are interested in the game you'll buy the game regardless of the platform. Just stop with the nonsense.
yeah, cause that was not the same excuse when MH moved to 3DS and everyone dread it, but I guess consoles owners are free to nag but not god forbid PC or handhelds owners complaining.

fact: I will still play the game on Steam anyway.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
please, im sure the gap between Highend PC and Console is bigger than say PS4 and Switch currently

I can't help thinking the gap between high end PC and low end PC is the more relevant one. I've always found the argument that console games hold back PC games disingenuous as the bigger barrier would be development cost vs size of higher end market.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's even funnier is that it's coming from the fanbase which in the past several years kept saying "who cares about third party, nintendo games are good enough", home console wise. It's amazing to see.
He was asking for a Vita version actually (just check some of his Vita threads), but sure you can continue with your narrative.