• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Onwards to 15 million.

1nDjY6E.gif

Is this is a SunhiLegend gif? It looks like one. Amazing what a few well thought out tweaks to contrast, camera rotation and added camera shake can do for an in-game footage. Even the PS2's GoW CGI cinematic segments pale in comparison to this.

Lololol but Sony should let uncharted rest

Well, U4 gave Drake's chapter perhaps the most wholesome and dignified end. As such, if there are to be future Uncharted projects, it will have other protagonists, preferably Chloe or Chloe and Nadine.

Mother of GOD! i cannot even imagine next-gen God of War! o_O

U817szP.gif

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Is this is a SunhiLegend gif? It looks like one. Amazing what a few well thought out tweaks to contrast, camera rotation and added camera shake can do for an in-game footage. Even the PS2's GoW CGI cinematic segments pale in comparison to this.

Well, U4 gave Drake's chapter perhaps the most wholesome and dignified end. As such, if there are to be future Uncharted projects, it will have other protagonists, preferably Chloe or Chloe and Nadine.

U817szP.gif
I don't know why, but this CGI doesn't look that impressive to me as next-gen fidelity for GoW:R

Oct 25, 2017
It is funny (and sad) how Sony's only 10 million seller since last gen is now the only one that isnt a 10 million seller when Sony is pumping out 10+ million hits one after another this gen

Maybe GT7 will get back to form?

GT is finished. Kaz gambled on the FIA and his fantasy of making GT the future of motorsport and it backfired in spectacular fashion, just last month he revealed the franchise killing mode had only seen 358,000 players participate, and with Microsoft bringing Forza to PlayStation I see no way back.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
In the future the platform will be more important. What's important is for people to keep buying games whether it's tlou2 or new call of duty from playstation store, whether it's streaming or not, doesn't matter for Sony as long as they got their 30% cut as platform holder.

I'm curious though if 3rd party publisher will all start their own streaming service like in movie industry and start pulling out games from console if streaming really takes off.

As streaming becomes more commodified and less like tech wizardry, I'd say that's a real possibility. Big cloud service providers like MS, Amazon, and Google will make money either way.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Death Stranding will have multiplayer.
i honestly think ghost of tsushima will sell more than death stranding. kojima titles usually sell at around 6m units (as multiplatform), and i fear that how confusing or weird it looks will deter some people from playing it.
Ghost of Tsushima almost looks like assassin's creed in japan at points (not saying that in a bad way at all), which makes me think that with the right marketing it could blow up.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
It is funny (and sad) how Sony's only 10 million seller since last gen is now the only one that isnt a 10 million seller when Sony is pumping out 10+ million hits one after another this gen

Maybe GT7 will get back to form?
Those 10M selling GT games did those numbers after several years, not in one year and after they had become Greatest Hits. GT Sport has been out a year and a half and went from 5M-6.5M-7.5M players as of December 2018. It's not on a subscription plan or on PS Plus so we know it's still selling because there's no way they'd add that many more players if it wasn't. We don't know sold but it's likely 6-7M in 14 months which isn't bad at all. 3-4 M more by the end of PS4 isn't impossible.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
i honestly think ghost of tsushima will sell more than death stranding. kojima titles usually sell at around 6m units (as multiplatform), and i fear that how confusing or weird it looks will deter some people from playing it.
Ghost of Tsushima almost looks like assassin's creed in japan at points (not saying that in a bad way at all), which makes me think that with the right marketing it could blow up.
I dunno, there must be a reason why Ubisoft never do AC Japan. I assume they had their market research and think it's not worth it.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Love this game so much. Even after all this time and having got the platinum, I still go back to it. I posted a screenshot on Twitter today and it was liked by Cory Barlog and even retweeted by Santa Monica Studio. My life is complete.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love this game so much. Even after all this time and having got the platinum, I still go back to it. I posted a screenshot on Twitter today and it was liked by Cory Barlog and even retweeted by Santa Monica Studio. My life is complete.

I have a print screen of Cory saying he loves me

I made him write my name and say he loves me when he was interacting with Era right after the reviews hit

Then I posted in every social media

Damn I am such a nerd

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Sony's efforts have really paid off this gen. None of those PS3 games or PS3 versions are above that 10 million threshold.

Also for all of them and GOW3 and GOW4 in particular, that represents basically all the sales GOW3 is ever going to have on PS3, but just one year for GOW4 and it's obviously not done selling, not by a long shot. So for GOW4 especially that difference is only going to grow.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course Lewis would be in here trying to downplay sales of Sony exclusives. This is the same guy who downplayed every GOTY award God of War won by saying it was "undeserving." Best to just ignore him.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, there must be a reason why Ubisoft never do AC Japan. I assume they had their market research and think it's not worth it.

i think western history is just an easier nut to crack. you could pool the most esteemed professors in the brainstorming room few would know where to begin with china and japan