• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brunobi

Animation Director, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Jan 4, 2018
Guys those are not a norse concepts of kratos...those are some of the first designs of kratos for the orignal game before they finlly settle on the final famous design.
You are correct sir. That was the part of the talk in which we discussed the early concepts for Kratos, not the ones for the 2018 game.

Edit: Your avatar now looks like Demios, lol.

Brunobi

Animation Director, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Jan 4, 2018
There was no video to my knowledge as cameras and recording equipment was prohibited. This was last month during the same time as PSX too.
You are correct. This talk was only for the attendants of CCXP 2017. They did not release a video of the talk unfortunately.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I believe he only lost his full godly power upgrade he obtained as a result of taking over Ares' position and went back to being just a demigod. Considering he did stab himself with the very sword that drained his divine powers from GOW 2, it's possible the act ended up transferring some of it back to him.
Ah, alright, got it. Thanks for the clarification!

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still think Atreus looked better with the blonde hair. Much more distinctive.

Can't wait for this game. Hope there is a good amount of optional stuff to do/find/get.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordered the edition with the Artbook. Not sure if I'll keep my pre-order because I want some more details on the book first

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Some images from the panel about the game at Comic Con XP that happened in December in São Paulo.
Rafael Grassetti e Bruno Velazquez were there talking about the concepts, technology and etc. Grassetti commented that they built from scratch some kind of muscle system for the characters.

These images are the only content I could find from the panel :/
(But Grassetti said in his Instagram that he might soon be able to talk more about this muscle system, maybe at GDC?).

25016309_414214958997907_4933537389982253056_n.jpg

^^
The first sentence in that picture is bothering me. It's bothering me a whole lot. >.>

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brunobi, is it still as gory/brutal as the previous games? I noticed SSM has taken a completely different approach with the trailers and don't seem to love including gore anymore?

I still think Atreus looked better with the blonde hair. Much more distinctive.

Can't wait for this game. Hope there is a good amount of optional stuff to do/find/get.
I like ginger Atreus more. I see enough blondes in games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Curious if there is a mount or another way of transport other than the boat? Many big or long games have mounts likeeeven Horizon and MGS5. Cory said that the vale is like tour bus. You can stop it at any time and descend from it to check the surroundings and hop in later when you want. The boat works like that but will there be a "Norse" bus somehow to do so on solid land?

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
I hope they show a nice chunk of God of War III's destroyed ending environment before transitioning to the new world.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
So, I don't know if anyone cares but when the story trailer was put up, I ended up recording a reaction video before getting ready for work. Never really do anything like that, plus I look kinda awful in it lol.

Regardless, privately shared it with people at SMS, who seemed to like it. Sharing it with ya'll now:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I hope so too, perhaps opening new combos or moves, i just guess the goöden rune changes the element of the axe.
Goöden rune? Guessing that's the big one at the top? New combos and attacks would be ideal, and different elements would be very cool. I seem to recall one of the podcasts mentioning Kratos using some earth magic, so maybe that's one of them.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
*golden, my phone liked to troll me, sorry.
Oh, lol, no worries.
That second video was intense! I love the walking-through-a-museum-exhibit style of it.

Great narration too ;)
If you like that, I think you'll like this even more:

Definitely one of, if not my favorite among the many little bits of story they've given us. I just wish they'd release those beautiful artworks on their own.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Aw man no pictures of the device itself ? I want to see it so bad .. wouldn't mind trading in my OG black Pro if it looks good.

No pictures yet. I am seriously thinking of selling my jet black Pro if the design is good!

PS
Now looking more into the product page, it says "PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB + God of War Limited Edition + Bonus"!
Please don't be a regular jet black Pro, please!

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
If the limited edition Pro was similar to this ( all black, minus the text [and the weird extra bubbles] and with the new red logo) I'd be all over it!

God-of-War-Ascension-Limited-Edition-PS3.jpg

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
That art is actually good.

Straight Kratos & Atreus, plain & simple.

But please, for the love of God of War Sony...

Let the limited PS4 Pro it self have colors other than black... : /