• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I never got the calls to replace Kratos.

People did the same with Master Chief and then 343 actually listened in Halo 5. That went great...

I agree with Kratos. Also I wouldn't mind if they replaced Chief (although I do like him) but they tried to replace him with an utter bore. On top of that they teased us with how little you actually play Chief compared to Locke. If you're going to throw Chief in the game at least let us place as him a lot.

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2nd favorite star wars film of all time. Gonna gross over 1 billion WW. Critically acclaimed. I mean......
Doesnt mean a thing. This game was always going to sell great considering there are 70 Million PS4s. And lots people like gore/blood.

Being good and fan support are what matters not selling. To developers atleast i dont care for publisher view on this topic.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
HI CORY....PLEASE DONT HAVE ANOTHER SPINNING KNIFE WALL CLIMBING SEGMENT! :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:

Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt mean a thing. This game was always going to sell great considering there are 70 Million PS4s. And lots people like gore/blood.

Being good and fan support are what matters not selling. To developers atleast i dont care for publisher view on this topic.
Ummmm what? You mean a dev is gonna care more about what some fans think compared to the commercial and critical success of their project(which if it achieves both of those things means most fans liked it)

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ummmm what? You mean a dev is gonna care more about what some fans think compared to the commercial and critical success of their project(which if it achieves both of those things means most fans liked it)

Yes. Money is not the thing keeps you awake for long ass nights at work. You can get money much easily in other software related jobs for much lesser stress. You think they dont care fan support and shaping a great game? Thats literally only thing matters.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I mean, sure we haven't played the game and probably have no idea what we are talking about (ex: my posts above), but that doesn't mean we are trolling or anything, we are just concerned.

Ha I appreciate the honesty. The thing that just personally rubs me the wrong way is that Cory and SSM have only turned out hit after hit (Ehhh Ascension is...Well yeah). Cory especially is one of the best directors they have ever had and is responsible for in many peoples opinion the best GoW. Every interview clearly shows the passion and drive you want from a game director. At some point you just need to stop being an armchair quarterback and trust the professionals.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure we haven't played the game and probably have no idea what we are talking about (ex: my posts above), but that doesn't mean we are trolling or anything, we are just concerned.
Sure, but there is a difference in being concerned and acting like the world is going to end because of a single comment. The reaction to the boat comment was silly.

HI CORY....PLEASE DONT HAVE ANOTHER SPINNING KNIFE WALL CLIMBING SEGMENT! :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:
lol

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Yes. Money is not the thing keeps you awake for long ass nights at work. You can get money much easily in other software related jobs for much lesser stress. You think they dont care fan support and shaping a great game? Thats literally only thing matters.

Is it just me or is everyone else coming to the conclusion this is a parody account of Cory's.
I think we are being trolled.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The overall opinion on god of war is positive and no it's literally not the only thing that matters

What is happening here

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Do you guys remember how insane people got over the no shield reveal with Bloodborne?
People were truly insane. I think everyone that was losing their shit during that reveal needed to be marked in someway. I'm pretty sure we would see the same people show up over and over.

I'm trying to remember the last time I was really down on a game after a reveal....Hmmm
I would probably be marked for something by now. I just can't remember what

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that never played any of the God of War games, all i can say is that i'm extremely hyped for this one, liking the new direction. And im probably not the only one.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed God of War 3 but I always felt the game potential was limited by the controlled camera (which was maybe a necessity on PS3 hardware) and the platforming and beat 'em up formula.

But I am totally hyped by everything I see and read about this one since the first trailer.

Oct 25, 2017
I was always under the impression that what made the franchise popular was the spectacle, production values and cinematic focus. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I've always seen it.

So, as fundamentally different as this game is, I don't think it's really divorced from what made the series popular at all.

People really overestimate how many people actually care about exploring combat systems in a lot of depth and playing with the game's combo potential. There's a reason why DMC4 is considered so underwhelming by so many people, even if it has the best combat system maybe of all time. The campaign was lackluster, and for the vast majority of even hardcore fans, that's all that matters.

As someone that never played any of the God of War games, all i can say is that i'm extremely hyped for this one, liking the new direction. And im probably not the only one.

Give them a shot after you play this game, if you're interested in knowing more about what haunts Kratos. It's a really unique perspective to have your typical "hero with a dark past", but with us knowing in a lot of detail what that dark past actually is.

That little moment with the spartan rage bar filling for a bit as he gets mad at his kid in the reveal gameplay was just incredible, and knowing the series is a big reason why that worked as well as it did. You could treat them as a prequel trilogy, or something like that.

I'm sure a lot of people will jump in with this one, and I'm sure it's being made to accomodate that, but I really like the way they're approaching this as a sequel, to the point where I almost feel like telling people to play at least the numbered titles before this one just so they can also experience that.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I guess I will go back to the "wait and see" mode.....again.

I am just gonna say that I used to be a HUGE God of War fan, I want this game to be good, I want it to blow me away like God of War 3 did, and I hope all of my bullshit concerns are not real.

And If I end up not liking the game....well then I guess I'll have to move on, a lot of old school Resident Evil fans don't like RE4 too...

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it yet but they talk about God of War in the latest Gameinformer Show Podcast. I don't think I heard anything new but its there. The dude who wrote the cover story gave GoW3 a 10/10 review so he seems like a good barometer for existing fans.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I guess I will go back to the "wait and see" mode.....again.

I am just gonna say that I used to be a HUGE God of War fan, I want this game to be good, I want it to blow me away like God of War 3 did, and I hope all of my bullshit concerns are not real.

And If I end up not liking the game....well then I guess I'll have to move on, a lot of old school Resident Evil fans don't like RE4 too...
So far u just don't agree with the new direction they're taking the game, and that's ok. For me I love it because I was getting fatigued on the old GoW formula. I love this new approach but I don't want it to lose the scale and epic ness of the previous games. Cory's stated that it won't in the past, so for now I'm choosing to believe him.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Give them a shot after you play this game, if you're interested in knowing more about what haunts Kratos. It's a really unique perspective to have your typical "hero with a dark past", but with us knowing in a lot of detail what that dark past actually is.

As a big fan of mythology it would seem like a easy choice for me, but i don't know, something never clicked, maybe a bit of the combat + how one-dimensional Kratos seem to be with
his "mad Mad MAD kill all gods". But this is different, when i saw that E3 opening with the orchestra i was like "now this is something i can get into".

Oct 25, 2017
the new direction for the series is garbo, especially the dude changing the game because HE had a son. its just like the ninja theory dude making donte look like him.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah like someone mention its like Darksiders with a GOW twist

whats the point?
95% you will stay on the boat

rumors say the game is a huge fishing simulator
last boss is :
The-Little-Mermaid-Meets-Thor-The-Thunder-God_408x408.jpg