• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Single Player GAME is doing bunkers on Twitch right now and it is still very early in the day! i say DAMN!

d4p6yGE.png

Also the most streamed game on PSN EVER, excluding Fornite!

jvR1A6n.jpg

Last edited:

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Although I have no doubts this is gonna be the biiggest game in some time.. It is still release day, so of course its doing numbers on Twitch

Deleted member 6436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned : Thread-whining.
Do we really need to have this thread literally every time a new game releases?

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
I mean it's a new AAA game that a bunch of popular streamers are playing ATM. It's not like it's going to be competing with Fortnite in a few weeks time for viewer count.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how this is surprising anymore, new games get high views on Twitch, even more so if they are extremely hyped.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's about what all the big AAA games in the last few months got.

Deserved too.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Sitting here at work hitting F5 on the UPS tracking for my GoW PS4 Pro. Sadly, I've got a busy weekend planned so I probably won't be able to binge much except tonight.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't want to be a total twat because I love the game and I'm glad other people are loving it, but it's one of the most anticipated releases of the year and it's launched today with a bucketload of hype. It'd be more surprising if it wasn't doing well on Twitch.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Monster Hunter World was also hitting quite the big numbers at the beginning. This will probably drop down considerably after couple of weeks once the big streamers have finished it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This happens with every game. We'll see if it goes as high as Far Cry 5 or SES of Thieves which were the other big ones this year.

Lucumo

Oct 25, 2017
A Single Player GAME is doing bunkers on Twitch right now and it is still very early in the day! i say DAMN!
"Very early in the day". Lol, this is the time when Asia, Europe and the Americas are online at the same time. Considering Asia is usually active well after midnight, high numbers overall are common for the next few hours in general.

This happens with every game.
Yep, I guess we get threads now every time an AAA game is being released.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New released AAA first-party game from a popular franchise has hundreds of thousands of people watching online? Cool.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Game came out today and it's early in the morning so there's no competition.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

6lCL95l.png

I don't think that should be surprising at all for one of the biggest games of the year on the day it launches. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If it maintains those numbers in a week? Sure, then it's probably worth looking into.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem that surprising tbh. It is release day after all. It won't be high on the views list for long.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to be Mr. Negative over here, but are these people watching for the game, or for the streamer?

Even when things like Fortnite started to blow up, it was basically 3-4 streamers with comical amounts of viewers into the tens of thousands (who already had fan bases in similar games), then everything else doing like under 300 views.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a sticky telling people twitch is pretty much the hub for online interactions about this hobby and has been for a couple years now

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
217k people ruining God of War for themselves on Twitch right now
Meh. A lot of people just don't care that much about video game stories, and watching parts of a stream here and there to see if it's a game you want to buy isn't going to spoil the experience.

Anyway, it's a new highly anticipated game, not that surprising.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting how Twitch views have become more and more important on forums; like mini sales threads in a way. It's no surprise that it's going to get the numbers, it deserves it.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I'm expecting it to do good views for a week atleast. It's a good start! Lirik will stream it today so easy 50k viewers added there on him alone when he does

stayingfate

Alt-Account.
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
This always happens when a new big AAA game releases, no suprise there but congratulations. Multiplayer community games will continue to be the most viewed like usual however.