• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
ConventionalFragrantAcornweevil-max-1mb.gif

Beast Mode.
Kratos model in God of War 2 on PS5.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. A franchise that never had a game win more than 7 GOTY awards I believe and now is seen as one of the best games of all time and has amassed 190 with more to come still. Cory and the team did something that few others can do. Turn a stale franchise around and make people who hated a franchise fall in love with it.

err it wasn't a stale franchise at all, have to correct you there. It was always had a sincere fan following and appreciation from critics as well. God Of War Ascension was perhaps the only God of War entry that didn't get the recognition it deserved(campaign was bat shit insanely well put together).

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
err it wasn't a stale franchise at all, have to correct you there. It was always had a sincere fan following and appreciation from critics as well. God Of War Ascension was perhaps the only God of War entry that didn't get the recognition it deserved(campaign was bat shit insanely well put together).
No it very much was growing stale which is why the reception and sales for Ascension declined a lot. Had they released this one in the same style it would not have gone over well. There has been a lot said about this over the last few years about God of War's formula. It was successful because it switched it up and gained new fans because of it. Greg Miller who hosted the show tonight hated the franchise but now calls this new God of War his favorite game of all time. That kind of thing wouldn't happen if it remained the same.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I'm entering the last stretch of the game I think and it's been quite a journey.I was concerned it might be too different from the earlier games,but it feels like God of War and the whole design around the Lake of Nine has been genius.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved, I enjoyed my NG+ playthrough I just finished last week even more than my initial playthrough!

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
"Greatness awaits" we constantly got greatness. So deserved well done Cory Barlog and the team at SSM.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So happy for SSM!

Deserved! A tech masterpiece and a thoroughly good game. Can not wait for the sequel.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Congratulations to SSM!

Makes me super excited and confident for what Sony First Party Studios have in store for PS5.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved Game of the Year 2018. Congrats Sony Santa Monica Studio!
And the Game of the Generation for a lot of people out there :)

ZuuL

Jan 31, 2019
Time i pick this game up…
You should, it's a great game. I didn't know if I'd like it when I picked it up. But I ended up loving it. Beating out my second and third placed game of the year (rdr2 and Witcher 3) mainly due to it's gameplay feeling the most fluid and precise compared to the later 2.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved. Corey has a a tough job now with the sequel.

Shame this award ceremony does not get more coverage. TGA is just Golden Globes [journalists are voters], while DICE is like Oscars [devs are voters].

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Lol nothing stop God of War

Few months ago, I thought RDR2 would destroy God of War for every awards

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Very well deserved, I was pleasantly surprised by what God of War became, this game was pure fun from beginning to end and I want more, the old games are great as well, but the new direction was necessary and it did not disappoint.

Jun 17, 2018
Well deserved!! Can't wait for part II.
Looking forward to meeting thor with some epic background music like this one.

Give it a listen!!

ooookay, okay, what is this? and why is this the first time im hearing/seeing this?

let me get this straight, if this ^ comes on during a future boss fight in god of war 2, i would stop and cry. it is PERFECTION!

ontopic: gg SSM, gg Cory! I still watch on a weekly basis his live reaction video when checking the metacritic score, thats a beautiful thing right there.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Corey has a a tough job now with the sequel.

Shame this award ceremony does not get more coverage. TGA is just Golden Globes [journalists are voters], while DICE is like Oscars [devs are voters].
Imo it's getting some nice coverage. Well, not on TV, but you see a lot of developers/studios tweeting about it and posting stuff :)

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I think this definitely solidifies GoW as the consensus and definitive GOTY for 2018. Well-freaking-deserved.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I think this definitely solidifies GoW as the consensus and definitive GOTY for 2018. Well-freaking-deserved.

Pretty much. It's leading the 2018 GOTY by a large margin and got the award from most of the prestigious outlets and award ceremonies (TGA, DICE, IGN, Polygon, etc). And well deserved too, imo!

Nov 30, 2017
I think ive posted this about 40 times but congrats SSM, well deserved.

(Yep it came up on autocomplete after I started typing SSM)