• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigan-etc

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
London, UK
Currently Unavailable?

It's been like this for the last month, you think it's worth ordering elsewhere?

Was hoping they have stock by now

Nov 3, 2017
If they don't have it by the end of today/tomorrow morning I'm probably just gonna grab it from ShopTo or (gasp!) in store wherever

Maybe see if I've got some clubcard vouchers to knock some cash off or something

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's something going on between Sony and Amazon UK. They don't have Detroit or Spiderman either.

Probably a dispute over price, credits or stock previously sent. If you don't bend the knee to Amazon, they don't care who you are, they won't stock you.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Save your time and grab it from another place. You won't get the %20 prime off

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
There's something going on between Sony and Amazon UK. They don't have Detroit or Spiderman either.

Probably a dispute over price, credits or stock previously sent. If you don't bend the knee to Amazon, they don't care who you are, they won't stock you.

I remember some issues with Nintendo few years ago. I had no idea Sony had the same kind of troubles.

Jmvm

Oct 31, 2017
Stubbington, UK
Well, GoW is my birthday present, so my wife is getting it for me. Amazon better get their shit together. If not i'll have to tell her about ShopTo or Smiths

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
It's likely Amazon hasn't paid the PO's for Sony or Sony are unhappy about something Amazon have done in the past and they are disputing it. Could also be a dispute with Sony Pictures or Sony Music or Electronics too, who knows.

I would honestly order from somewhere else if I were you.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
My order still says it will arrive on Friday but I've sent them an email asking them about it.

Oct 29, 2017
It's likely Amazon hasn't paid the PO's for Sony or Sony are unhappy about something Amazon have done in the past and they are disputing it. Could also be a dispute with Sony Pictures or Sony Music or Electronics too, who knows.

I would honestly order from somewhere else if I were you.
You think it's Sony putting the squeeze on Amazon? Bold move.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered from Smyths for €55 which it a good price.

Gamestop are charging €70. I laugh at them.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Order from ShopTo instead, they are usually good at delivering on release day (sometimes a day early).

I've got £48 exchange voucher for CEX so i'm going to order off their website once they have stock (usually 1-2 days before release).

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be amazon USA too. Noticed Detroit is no longer available for preorder and the Spider-Man collectors edition is still unavailable for preorder either. A few other titles are like that. Wonder what's going on between amazon and sony. But also I noticed it's happened to other PS4 titles from other companies. The preorders for street fighter 30th anniversary took forever to go up.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I got a boiler plate email back saying they still expect it to arrive on Friday but if it doesn't I can cancel it before dispatch. I'll probably keep my preorder and if it doesn't turn up on Friday I'll just pop into Asda on the way home from work and pick it up from there.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Amazon have been a bit of a mess with video games since the start of the year, Switch games are going in and out of stock, some times weeks at a time. I think some people had problems with A Way Out a few weeks back as well not getting their pre order until a week later

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Just contacted web chat support for a preorder I put in a month ago, said 'my order has been assigned' so no issues expected for delivery on Friday

Let's hope it's true, got the day off and not sure if I fancy trekking over to Asda for a copy

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah wanted to make a thread last night but haven't can't post threads yet, I had to preorder from Shopto because of it. Will be interesting to see if this impacts sales?

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
You think it's Sony putting the squeeze on Amazon? Bold move.
If Amazon haven't paid on their PO's then absolutely. Why would you keep supplying a retailer if they're not paying you? It's all hypothetical but I've worked at plenty of online retailers to know that this stuff does happen with publishers and retailers.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Got my limited edition from game UK this time around. Pretty bummed out I couldn't get it from Amazon UK though.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Amazon haven't paid on their PO's then absolutely. Why would you keep supplying a retailer if they're not paying you? It's all hypothetical but I've worked at plenty of online retailers to know that this stuff does happen with publishers and retailers.

Yeah, if pre orders are fulfilled though, I'm guessing it's something else. Probably something Amazon has taken umbrage with if of yes willing to buy enough stock to fulfil pre-orders.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had mine ordered for months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't turn up on time. In which case I'll go somewhere else.

Amazon has been going downhill fast in terms of service. It seems every second or third thing I'm having to get in touch to find out where it is or why it's late.

Prime products taking 3-4 days to arrive etc.

Oct 25, 2017
It usually just means they've sold through their preorder allocation. It happens a lot with smaller releases that have more demand than expected, and they usually get more stock within a day or two (and still before release). But given the size of this release, it's probably harder for the distributor to get them more stock seeing as they're having to supply large quantities to high street stores and supermarkets too.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It usually just means they've sold through their preorder allocation. It happens a lot with smaller releases that have more demand than expected, and they usually get more stock within a day or two (and still before release). But given the size of this release, it's probably harder for the distributor to get them more stock seeing as they're having to supply large quantities to high street stores and supermarkets too.

It isn't the case this time. Spiderman was listed as currently unavailable immediately.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed amazon are quite bad with a few Switch orders recently - they also have issues with the wrong due date etc.

The Limited Edition is back in stock at Game if anyone is interested... (£60)

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I had my pre order with Amazon for ages. Do you think it's safe or should I cancel and go somewhere else?

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could it be more of a general stock issue? I notice the standard edition is like £55 on SimplyGames which seems a massive markup.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Amazon has actually been rubbish for ages. I had to cancel two Switch game preorders as they flaked out.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah mine says arriving Friday so think I am ok. Worse case scenario I will just go out and buy it on the day if they don't deliver.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There's hundreds of online retailers and stores you can order it from, I don't see why you would stick with Amazon.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I went with the limited edition at game UK since it wasn't available at amazon. Standard edition was available at amazon in March. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Deleted member 26418

User requested account clousre
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Had a chat with amazon uk support and they say the game will be delivered of friday.
I pre ordered on the 6th of March.
People who managed to pre order should have no problem.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
There's hundreds of online retailers and stores you can order it from, I don't see why you would stick with Amazon.
I love amazon customer service, they always delivery on order date, usually the cheapest, can deliver to a locker at my workplace etc etc.

I also don't like adding my card on other sites - although you can usually use paypal of course nowadays.

So I always stick with amazon.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Mine says it's coming Friday, but I pre-ordered months ago. Hope it doesn't get cancelled on me, or I'll have to get in on the local Game, which probably won't have stock either.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017

I don't know why people are so desperate to stick with Amazon for games to be honest. They're pretty much never the cheapest and they never get the game to you early either. Nearly every other online retailer ships Friday releases first class on Wednesday for Thursday delivery, Amazon never do that. And even with the £2 off for pre-orders I find that I'm usually better off ordering elsewhere. Even as a Prime member, I basically never see the benefit ordering from them.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are charging that because they generally ship early (Today is even a possibility) and they know Amazon are having stock issues.

Ah. Do they tend to get games to people early then? I might be tempted then as I'm off Thursday.

Order it from SimplyGames or ShopTo and you'll probably have it Thursday. Stopped using Amazon years ago for games.

Don't seem to be able to set up a ShopTo account as it gets stuck on the 'add new card' screen. Website seems remarkably paranoid about security for some reason.