• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Did I miss something? Has Amazon done something like this before?
Nothing missed, it commonly occurs with retailers and distributors. I've clarified it might not be the case here but it could also be the reason however.

We have no idea of knowing unless either Amazon or Sony release a statement.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
I've always used Shopto for my gaming, but this sucks for those who ordered on Amazon. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly, this isn't the first time Amazon have made a boo boo in terms of pre-orders.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That's all true. But you should notify customers that membership is coming to an end, not wait for them to find out after you charge them.
If you're going to use the free trial and don't plan on paying for it afterwards, just cancel it instantly. You'll still receive the benefits until it expires, they don't shut you out there and then.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still Unavailable. Had a chat with Amazon they said the limitation is on the suppliers side, not their logistics?

Mar 10, 2018
It's disappeared from amazon.fr now too

giphy.gif

That's maybe because it's out of stock. But on UK it is about week and a half unavailable. Surely it's not a stock issue there

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
A glance at my wishlist shows me Spider-Man and Street Fighter Collection are both showing as unavailable too. They haven't even bothered to update Spider-Man's box art.

Dark Souls Remastered is present and ready to order though, oddly.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A glance at my wishlist shows me Spider-Man and Street Fighter Collection are both showing as unavailable too. They haven't even bothered to update Spider-Man's box art.

Dark Souls Remastered is present and ready to order though, oddly.

Street Fighter might be related to something else, but all upcoming Sony published games appear to be affected.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon have been trash for games for ages. Still salty about them delaying my BOTW pre order on the morning of release

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazon and Sony at war, all first party Sony titles not available I wonder if consoles will become affected once stock clears out....

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see this happen with a Sony published title. Did something happen or did they really under ship?

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Have it pre-ordered with them but I'm worried that I won't be receiving my copy any time soon... might cancel and go digital.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Funny how everyone assumes this is a grand conspiracy — maybe Amazon and/or Sony just underestimated the demand for the physical disc version of this game?

Stranger things have happened. There's 70+ million PS4's out there.

Edit: Just read it's for other first party titles as well. Hmm, maybe a question of supply? You don't want to take pre orders for games when you don't know how many your distributor is willing to give you.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I checked other amazon sites (DE, ES, FR, IT) and it's available on all of them. So probably not a company issue, since Amazon UK is the same company as those (or is it?). I often buy things at the spanish site due to lower prices, but they always seem to deliver from Germany.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I checked other amazon sites (DE, ES, FR, IT) and it's available on all of them. So probably not a company issue, since Amazon UK is the same company as those (or is it?). I often buy things at the spanish site due to lower prices, but they always seem to deliver from Germany.
Amazon UK is a registered business in the UK which is separate from Amazon Germany and Amazon Spain etc. Even though they are all ultimately owned by Jeff Bezos.

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gone and cancelled my pre-order as I really wasn't convinced I'd receive my copy on release. Bought it digitally on the US PSN Store - actually worked out cheaper than Amazon.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it came back up for like 30 mins then disappeared again. Must be some serious demand or Sony are struggling to stock the UK

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently it came back up for like 30 mins then disappeared again. Must be some serious demand or Sony are struggling to stock the UK
They don't seem to be struggling to stock any other retailer. And besides that doesn't answer why future games aren't available. They certainly won't be having stock issues yet.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm actually still pissed about its unavaibality. I'm here in the states and I'm looking for the Ps4 Pro Bundle. Got it on Target 2 weeks ago and now it's on backorder and every other site has the bundle as unavailable. I'm just dazzled how a $400 piece of machine can be sold out at so many places. I might have to go into target Friday morning to see if they have the bundle in stock.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What's the problem? You guys in UK doesn't have dedicated Video Game stores to buy the game?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's definitely not due to demand, it's only at #28 on the Amazon UK best sellers of 2018 YTD. So it's not like they sold out of pre orders otherwise it would be far higher up that ranking, especially given SotC is at #1.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2018/videogames

It's clearly a stock issue due to some kind of issue or dispute between Sony's UK distributor and Amazon. It happens, they'll be arguing about margins or minimum stocking levels or something.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely not due to demand, it's only at #28 on the Amazon UK best sellers of 2018 YTD. So it's not like they sold out of pre orders otherwise it would be far higher up that ranking, especially given SotC is at #1.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2018/videogames

It's clearly a stock issue due to some kind of issue or dispute between Sony's UK distributor and Amazon. It happens, they'll be arguing about margins or minimum stocking levels or something.

Could also be Amazon being frustrated at Sony throwing exclusives to Game.co.uk all the time, despite Amazon buying and selling more product.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon are pretty unreliable for day one games anyway so its probably doing people a favour

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
What's the problem? You guys in UK doesn't have dedicated Video Game stores to buy the game?
We do. Although GAME charge more in store than pretty much all online stores. Or you have CEX who will be selling it for £50+ at launch.

But it's the fact that a major online retailer like Amazon having issues with Sony first party games is worth mentioning.