• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why people are so desperate to stick with Amazon for games to be honest. They're pretty much never the cheapest and they never get the game to you early either. Nearly every other online retailer ships Friday releases first class on Wednesday for Thursday delivery, Amazon never do that. And even with the £2 off for pre-orders I find that I'm usually better off ordering elsewhere. Even as a Prime member, I basically never see the benefit ordering from them.
Some people stick with sites they know they can trust? Their customer service is fantastic.

Personally I find them the cheapest and I'm not bothered about getting the game early - I'm 35, I can wait a couple of extra days for a game. Plus I hardly ever play a game at launch.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It pisses me off that Americans get 20% off with Prime and we don't.
What the fuck Amazon?

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buy a video game or console from
Amazon? Are you mad lol - why would you even put yourself through the torcher experience of delivery on time?

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
If they don't have it by the end of today/tomorrow morning I'm probably just gonna grab it from ShopTo or (gasp!) in store wherever

Maybe see if I've got some clubcard vouchers to knock some cash off or something

Might as well do shopto lol, Amazon are rubbish at launch day. My shopto orders already been processed, expecting it today or tomorrow hopefully.

Dec 2, 2017
I had this ordered for 35 pounds from them in one of those promotions they did and now I'm gonna have to pay it more since they don't know when its going to be in stock which is quite annoying.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's in stock on PSN.

At £52.99

tenor.gif

(Although it says Deluxe, so maybe a cheaper one I can't see?)

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed this and nought it on PSN. Amazon has been going to shit lately. Seriously wondering if I should renew Prime.

Nov 3, 2017

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Amazon have kinda annoyed me recently. I had no idea they were going to charge me for Prime membership after my trial ended. They sent no message to confirm a membership, and I only realised when I checked my balance that I'd been charged for Prime when I didn't agree to it. Buy from somewhere else. They're gonna lose loads of customers who'll just buy else where.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Spider-Man and Detroit are still not available either but Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and 3rd party games are still up to order on Amazon.

Weird situation with a few big PS4 exclusives, I wonder what the issue is ?

Last edited:

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I cancelled my amazon preorder I had since last year about a month ago, was going to pick it up digital on the UK psn after the reviews hit to make sure I wanted it, then I noticed that a few days before the reviews came out, Sony psn UK store removed the standard edition which had been there for months for preorder at around £44-46 (I can't remember the exact amount) and left only the more expensive deluxe edition at £52 for preorder.......No way am I paying £52 for a game I can get cheaper elsewhere and that had a cheaper normal edition listed before which was removed.

I said this in a different thread a while back but I couldn't help but think maybe sony removed the normal edition preorder on UK psn store to try and push people to buy the more expensive deluxe edition if they want the game digitally.....which may not be the case but if they did that then it's really scummy, considering I can't be the only one who doesn't want the extras that the deluxe has but want the game digital ready for playing on launch day.........

I decided that I'm just going to get it off the us psn store for just over £40 instead, I had no problem paying a little more than the usa psn store version would cost me for a non deluxe digital UK version, but I'm not going to pay £10 or so more for a version with extras I don't want or need just because it's the only version I can currently buy now on the UK store.

Also going to get spider-man on the usa store too considering for some reason sony are listing it at £55 on the uk store for the standard edition and I can get it for £40 on the usa psn store....

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
People always say that they get games early from ShopTo. I pre-ordered many things from them over the years and not one has come early, all of them have been on release though.

Jamie Summers

Nov 15, 2017
Smyths have it back up at 46 including shipping....
can also recommend The Game Collection, they're very good and excellent customer service

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Did have a look at amazon seems all the Sony first party games are like this atm. (Spider-man, Detroit, Death Stranding).

If needing other retailers I tend to use The Game Collection or ShopTo and Game (the online store isn't too bad when have credit).

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I love amazon customer service, they always delivery on order date, usually the cheapest, can deliver to a locker at my workplace etc etc.

I also don't like adding my card on other sites - although you can usually use paypal of course nowadays.

So I always stick with amazon.

Fair enough, when I want a physical copy I usually look for a store that sells the game for the lowest price.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Oh neat, didn't realise the exchange rate had shifted back. I did that for years up until just after the Brexit decision when it started pushing the price closer to £50.

Yeah I usually buy the wallet cards off amazon usa and it works out to about £42-43 for a $60 card when I checked a couple of days ago, just make sure you set your usa address to somewhere with 0% sales tax as PSN started charging sales tax in all US states that have it last year.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I cancelled my amazon preorder I had since last year about a month ago, was going to pick it up digital on the UK psn after the reviews hit to make sure I wanted it, then I noticed that a few days before the reviews came out, Sony psn UK store removed the standard edition which had been there for months for preorder at around £44-46 (I can't remember the exact amount) and left only the more expensive deluxe edition at £52 for preorder.......No way am I paying £52 for a game I can get cheaper elsewhere and that had a cheaper normal edition listed before which was removed.

I said this in a different thread a while back but I couldn't help but think maybe sony removed the normal edition preorder on UK psn store to try and push people to buy the more expensive deluxe edition if they want the game digitally.....which may not be the case but if they did that then it's really scummy, considering I can't be the only one who doesn't want the extras that the deluxe has but want the game digital ready for playing on launch day.........

I decided that I'm just going to get it off the us psn store for just over £40 instead, I had no problem paying a little more than the usa psn store version would cost me for a non deluxe digital UK version, but I'm not going to pay £10 or so more for a version with extras I don't want or need just because it's the only version I can currently buy now on the UK store.

Also going to get spider-man on the usa store too considering for some reason sony are listing it at £55 on the uk store for the standard edition and I can get it for £40 on the usa psn store....
Sony never had the standard edition available in the UK. The deluxe edition is price the same as other regions standard edition.

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did have a look at amazon seems all the Sony first party games are like this atm. (Spider-man, Detroit, Death Stranding).

Anything on Switch is the same too.

I think Amazon have a small allocation, regardless of the expected volume of the title, sell through that, but then fail to update their systems when more stock arrives.

Just checked, mine is still on for Friday, but I did order about five months ago (or whenever it was available).

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Amazon have kinda annoyed me recently. I had no idea they were going to charge me for Prime membership after my trial ended. They sent no message to confirm a membership, and I only realised when I checked my balance that I'd been charged for Prime when I didn't agree to it. Buy from somewhere else. They're gonna lose loads of customers who'll just buy else where.

You did agree to it as part of their terms, and it is stated that you can Opt-out of auto-enrolment at anytime during your trial.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ordered mine from Shopto ages ago, I like that you can choose to pay for a preorder immediately, rather than waiting for dispatch to be billed.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Sony never had the standard edition available in the UK. The deluxe edition is price the same as other regions standard edition.

Oh, I could of swore I saw 2 versions months ago, Guess I was confusing it was the usa psn store then, anyway even still, the deluxe edition on the UK store is £52, I can get the standard edition on the usa psn store for $60 which works out to about £41-43, so yeah the deluxe edition on the UK store is still £10 or so more expensive than than the standard edition on the american psn store, not the same price.

Calfirma

Oct 31, 2017
If Amazon haven't paid on their PO's then absolutely. Why would you keep supplying a retailer if they're not paying you? It's all hypothetical but I've worked at plenty of online retailers to know that this stuff does happen with publishers and retailers.
Did I miss something? Has Amazon done something like this before?

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, I could of swore I saw 2 versions months ago, Guess I was confusing it was the usa psn store then, anyway even still, the deluxe edition on the UK store is £52, I can get the standard edition on the usa psn store for $60 which works out to about £41-43, so yeah the deluxe edition on the UK store is still £10 or so more expensive than than the standard edition on the american psn store, not the same price.
Is VAT included? If you compare it to Europe its comparable.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
You did agree to it as part of their terms, and it is stated that you can Opt-out of auto-enrolment at anytime during your trial.

That's all true. But you should notify customers that membership is coming to an end, not wait for them to find out after you charge them.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I've had my preorder for months so hopefully Amazon will still dispatch it. That said, if it doesn't arrive at a reasonable time then I'll just pick it up from Asda as I walk past it to the gym. Wouldn't be my first instance of having to do this cos of Amazon either...

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure when I went to go buy it yesterday on even the USA store it was unavailable and I just said fuck it and bought it at best buy

edit: YUP, still says unavailable even in the states

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Is VAT included? If you compare it to Europe its comparable.

My usa account is set with an address in Alaska which has 0% sales tax, so it's $60 total, no extra tax is added. Anyone using an american account who isn't in america should probably have it set to an address in one of the states that don't charge sales tax. So yeah, it's cheaper on the american store for me, maybe compared to Europe it's the same but again that's a problem with digital in a lot of Europe vs america in general, usually we've always paid more because publishers have always gotten away with setting higher prices for us than other places.

Even if I wanted the deluxe edition I could still get it for £48 off the american store as opposed to £52 on the UK store, but that's not really the issue, I just don't know why we only have the more expensive option when america has both options.

Dusty

Oct 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I just ordered from ShopTo's eBay shop, has anyone else done the same and had it marked as shipped?

I hope I'm not too late for launch day but their fast+free delivery says 19th-20th so who knows.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you've not made use of the services they'll refund you.

My nan accidentally sign up for it when they defaulted to free delivery (with Prime) on checkout, 5 months later I notice she has Prime when ordering something for her while at hers. Amazon refunded the £70 or so since she clearly not used it aside from that initial sign up delivery.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to find the standard version on the PSN store, just the deluxe edition. Am I missing something?

There is no standard on the UK store, or maybe even the European stores, but there is on the usa store, I'd guess they may throw up a normal edition after launch maybe but that's a total guess, I'm just getting it on the usa store.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ShopTo's website is garbage, but they've yet to let me down over the years when it comes to getting games on release.

Oh I have no doubt they are totally reliable. Just some strange loops to jump through to even sign up for an account - what is that whole 'we will charge your card £1 and then instantly refund it' about? Before I'm even allowed to give them money? Just seems off-putting from the start.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
If you've not made use of the services they'll refund you.

My nan accidentally sign up for it when they defaulted to free delivery (with Prime) on checkout, 5 months later I notice she has Prime when ordering something for her while at hers. Amazon refunded the £70 or so since she clearly not used it aside from that initial sign up delivery.

Ah, that's pretty cool. I still use it, but it's just the principle in that they don't notify you lol. I was taken by surprise haha :P