• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
I still haven't found the runes that slow down time and give a bigger window to parry. Are they late game?

The only talisman that gives me an increased parry window so far is a blue one.
I'm not sure where I found it though. I definately got it before the story more or less forced me to go to the second (non-midgard) realm. So I probably found it somewhere around the lake or in other accessible places in midgard at that point in the game. It's called 'golden talisman of protection'.

Edit: whoops you were talking about runes... Move along now!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's incredible. You guys have outdone yourselves. Thank YOU, and the team for giving us this treasure!

How much of the main quest do I have left?
Just got out of Helheim after Bauldr dragged me in.

Not long. You're perhaps 75-80% of the way through. Theres still tonnes of post game content though, so bare that in mind.

On a side note, completing this game on Hard and doing a tonne of side quests etc during the actual play through, plus exploring, taking countless screenshots and so on, I'm pretty sure my play through took over 40 hours lol. That's value for money and surely a record for a cinematic action adventure of this kind. In many ways its sort of a mini RPG. I still have a lot left to do too.

Oct 26, 2017
Man the
Valkyries
get old real quick. Not enough difference between them, so they end up super easy and more like a chore.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta ask how do you fast travel? I've found tons of those shrine things but it still only lets me travel to Brok's shop.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
300 pages!? Whew, that's a lot of discussion. As a gameplay programmer at Sony Santa Monica, I wanna give a huge thank you to everyone here playing the game, hope you're all having a blast!
The game is insane!
I'm basically spending my time with the game right now making a manual save before an encounter, completing the encounter, then reloading the save to do the fight over and over experimenting each time, I love the combat!

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
If you want vinyl, have I got the thing for you:

gow_fc_sleeves_1024x11joeb.jpg

https://mondotees.com/products/god-of-war-original-video-game-soundtrack-2xlp

$35
Son of a...

:: Clicks the "Pre-Order" button ::

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
300 pages!? Whew, that's a lot of discussion. As a gameplay programmer at Sony Santa Monica, I wanna give a huge thank you to everyone here playing the game, hope you're all having a blast!
It was the best gaming experience I have had in years, Boy.

Tomorrow I start my second playthrough.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is going to take over the spot Resident Evil 4 has for my Game Of All Time.

Its going to be that game that I'll play over and over and not be sick of it one bit. I'm already on my 2nd playthrough for it and the combat is just so awesome that I can see myself playing it numerous times.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Great game, no doubt about it. It's been a blast and honestly, the gameplay was better than I anticipated.

Don't know if you can answer it but two questions:

1 - A New Game Plus is on the cards? Because, the combat system completely unlocked is so much fun.

2 - How about an arena/survival mode?
I know that there are challenges in Muspelheim, but it's not that fun to have to acquire 3 keys every time I want to do the ultimate challenge.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hitting some... Funky bugs at the minute in the area I'm at.

So I'm in the room with the three walls of ice that you destroy with the electric bomb set up. Each one dropped some mobs (wolves / ogres) but on the final ogre kill my camera clipped through the wall during the kill animation and the ogre disappeared, no XP / loot dropped and I couldn't climb up to the next area...

Then I opened the secret door thing stabbing the knife into the glass and when I opened the door, there was basically no geometry on the other side and I fell into nothingness. Interesting.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You all knocked the combat out of the damn park with this. Encounter design has been really solid too in what I've done. There was that brief stretch after the first boss that was a bit of a chore in terms of spongey enemies but it resolved itself when I was introduced to weapon/gear upgrades and I haven't had a problem with sponge enemies since, but at the same time it hasn't been "easy" either I've still died quite a few times despite improving everything and upgrading my health once. So cheers to you and the team on this combat system.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have an in game clock or on a save file or something? Itbfeels like i have been playing for ages as i have been doing some side activity stuff, and some is super long, and am essentially only at the start of my journey. Would love to know how long it's been!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017

Definitely getting this thank you!! The thing is im surprised that the Stone Mason edition doesn't have the OST

So glad they actually made this. Thanks for sharing

Son of a...

:: Clicks the "Pre-Order" button ::

Hovered over the preorder button for 15 minutes. Closed the tab.

I'm proud of myself. I don't need this.

*Order confirmation email comes in

Dammit.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Throw the axe into the back wall of that room from the door on the right (in the room to the right of that one). Go back to the spot you are at in the photo then recall the axe. If you're in the right spot, it will come back through and hit that orb.

Thats exactly what I wanted to make sure off. Same chamber, defeat the Valkyrie there and you'll get Talisman of the Realms

Ugh, thanks. I've attempted that already for nearly an hour and failed.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started and this is amazing but I feel like I missed a tutorial or something. I finished god of war 1/2/3 on hard without feeling it ever got _that_ difficult (a few moments yes), but I'm only playing give me a challenge and well - I pretty much feel constantly challenged. At this pace (playing like every encounter five times) - I'll finish the game in a long long time

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started and this is amazing but I feel like I missed a tutorial or something. I finished god of war 1/2/3 on hard without feeling it ever got _that_ difficult (a few moments yes), but I'm only playing give me a challenge and well - I pretty much feel constantly challenged. At this pace (playing like every encounter five times) - I'll finish the game in a long long time

It gets easier once you start unlocking abilities, that and it'll take a bit to get a feel for the combat. Stick with it.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It becomes more manageable once you upgrade your weapons, armor, and unlock more skills, as well as getting used to the combat. Eventually it'll 'click' for you.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are Lost Items exactly? Are they just socketed runes that I forgot to take off when I used another piece of equipment?

Pho King

Jan 8, 2018

I'm not even at half of the game yet, but I'm loving the gameplay thus far, my only complaint is that I hope the throw axe button could be reconfigure to any button we like. You and your team did an awesome job with the game!

I also love the banter between Kratos and Atreus. Some of my favorite lines so far...

Atreus: Did you just laugh?
Kratos: No.
Atreus: Are you sure?
Kratos: I don't laugh.

Atreus: Have you met spirits before?
Kratos: Yes.
Atreus: What were they like?
Kratos: Annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Youtube, I just went over to Youtube to check out a video, I didn't log in, and I'm using my work computer, so I'm sure I haven't looked at anything related to God of War. I just saw two major spoilers on the front page. Jesus on a bicycle.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I think this game is a breath of fresh air. Curtailing the scope of the open world while retaining some of its features works perfectly for my busy lifestyle. It's the perfect blend of open and linear gameplay, and I hope that's something that everyone at Sony and the industry recognise.

Thank you for all your hard work.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I need fucking help, I think I had a major bug, I go to Helheim, I cross the 2 major doors you open but after the tunnel the next 2 doors are fucking closed and their is no magic power in sight to open them, tried going from different routes and it isn't possible.

HEEEEELP

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
So I need fucking help, I think I had a major bug, I go to Helheim, I cross the 2 major doors you open but after the tunnel the next 2 doors are fucking closed and their is no magic power in sight to open them, tried going from different routes and it isn't possible.

HEEEEELP
Im not sure if im following. You aren't able to reach the shop inside Helheim or before that?
What does the new update do?
Bug fixes and improvements

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

You all knocked it out of the park. It's one of the best games I've played. Thanks for putting in the time, we're all on this journey thanks to you and everyone else on the team.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Can't decide if I care about the platinum trophy or not... I probably won't bother to run around and do a bunch of the small things so I guess I just answered it for myself.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
In retrospect this is one of the very chests I couldn't figure out and now I also want to know this.
Go around to the right and there is a hole in the wall. Throw your axe into the on in the back and leave your axe there and let it grow back. Then go back to where you were standing when they took the screen shot and call the axe back to you. It might take a few tries but youll get it.

edit: nevermind. already answered

Status
Not open for further replies.