• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
On my out of Alfeheim and this boi is giving me some SERIOUS fucking 'tude here. The balls on this kid, eh?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
CR7gOx6.gif

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember the number of favours in midgard? Anyone have a favourite, with as little spoiler as possible?

There arent any favours outside midgard right?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early game spoilers
So i finally got to the lake, been playing slow and taking it all in, notice a long scaly thing along the water, and then wrapped around the island, and then wrapped around the fucking mountain. Low and behold I throw my weapon and the giant world serpent appears, mt reaction below
200w.gif

That bass tho
blown-away.gif

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Sindri : Did...you kill an ancient?
Kratos: YES.
Sindri : Was it difficult?
Kratos : YES.
Sindri : Is that all your going to give me?
Kratos : YES.

Some conversationalist man.

Oct 25, 2017
I've only now noticed that you can actually even downgrade your level by selecting worse gear. So in case I end up making things too easy, I can make it harder again.

It'll also be possible to do a level 1 run, while still upgrading the Axe. A lot of potential for fun runs here.

Wtf? How?

Are those rune attacks + that stance switch move?

Yep! Hel's Touch and Glaive Storm for the runes, and I use both stance switch attacks as well as the hold R1 and the dodge + back + R1.

DISGUSTING! I love this so much.

This is outside of Fafnir's, right? I love that part of the map.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
It's the witch time talisman + Glaive Storm Runic attack, I just timed it right and rotated the camera a little for a cooler shot.

Pho King

Jan 8, 2018
Hahaha I love the first one but it's this:

Atreus: Look! A waterwheel! Or, I guess an underwaterwheel.
Kratos: Heh...
Atreus: Did you just laugh?
Kratos: No. I never laugh.
Atreus: Don't I know it...

Yes! Haha. But I remember hearing Atreus asking Kratos, "are you sure?"

Isn't Edge review scores supposed to be released today?

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Man it's hard to find your way out of nilfheim once you have like 2k plus of echoes on you. Just lost 4k :( good news is once you have that much you start to get haze weaves at a higher rate.

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait to play this game again as soon as I finish...and I have a feeling I'm no where near done. I stopped doing the main quest and just started doing a bunch of side content, all of which is really fun.

Oct 26, 2017
California
So I just started and this is amazing but I feel like I missed a tutorial or something. I finished god of war 1/2/3 on hard without feeling it ever got _that_ difficult (a few moments yes), but I'm only playing give me a challenge and well - I pretty much feel constantly challenged. At this pace (playing like every encounter five times) - I'll finish the game in a long long time
That's the beauty of it, friend. Some encounters literally take me 15 tries, and I've loved every single one. Now that I'm early-mid game and have upgraded runes, upgraded armor, upgraded moves, and, most importantly, upgraded BOI, this is getting a lot more fun.

Arutha

Oct 27, 2017
France
This game is incredible. The more I play, the more I can say this is one of the best game out there. And to think two weeks ago, God of War wasn't really on my radar...
Kudos for Santa Monica for giving us the option to hide the HUD ! Custom, and with a simple touch, you can reveal for a few seconds what you need to know, without the HUD all over this graphical masterpiece.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The system design is so genius in this game!!!

The realm travel mechanics = reflection on the Norse mythology (the world tree) = pre-loading = one shot
They combined all 4 purpose in 1 system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing!

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I'm about 3 hours in, and the camera during combat is really bothering me. The field of view seems so tiny, enemies love to surround you, and the warning markers for incoming attacks around Kratos has such a long time frame, it seems like it's always active (and therefore basically useless).

I like the combat mechanics a lot, but I feel so handicapped for every fight.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone mind giving me an idea of how much of the main story I have left? I just got to the part
After the second encounter with Baldur where you get stuck in Helheim

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm about 3 hours in, and the camera during combat is really bothering me. The field of view seems so tiny, enemies love to surround you, and the warning markers for incoming attacks around Kratos has such a long time frame, it seems like it's always active (and therefore basically useless).

I like the combat mechanics a lot, but I feel so handicapped for every fight.
It is something you will grow accustom to and dare I say enjoy. It is off putting at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.