• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, did you all already know about the trick to powering up the
Shattered Gauntlet of the Ages
talisman? The flavor text wasn't just random lore. You actually have to do what you might expect.

Video:

Looks pretty cool, but I think I'll just stick with my 8s of bullet time instead.

000.gif

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
One thing that's annoying me is purple mobs that kill me in 1-2 hits, they're obviously not meant to be killed at my level but I keep stumbling upon them while just doing the story. I'm only playing on normal :/
I didn't encounter them unless I was on side path.... I didn't do any dragon or anything except smith favors..

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but I'm doing a quest and they're just there, it feels like I'm being punished for doing side quests. I shouldn't have to stick 100% to the story path not to get one shot.
Theres some side quests that are fine to do before completing the story. Whats your level?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten past some purple level enemies by going rage mode and punting them into the lake, lol. Got at least one sidequest and a realm tear done that way.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I don't blame people for getting annoyed at people putting massive spoilers, behind a generic "spoiler" tag.

Come on now, spoiler culture is far too sensitive these days already. If something's already behind a spoiler tab then people don't need to write another additional warning onto the tab.

It would take a special kind of soul to click on a spoiler tab and then be pissed that something got spoiled for them, surely?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
A bit worried about enemy variety. What's here is all great, but hopefully they introduce more regular enemies troughout the journey. Maybe 30% 40% in. Loving it.
The graphics get more impressive as i move on. Really nice textures, scale, lightning, colors etc.. very epic to look at.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
A bit worried about enemy variety. What's here is all great, but hopefully they introduce more regular enemies troughout the journey. Maybe 30% 40% in. Loving it.
The graphics get more impressive as i move on. Really nice textures, scale, lightning, colors etc.. very epic to look at.
Enemy variety is insane

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
No, it's not too much but then it's also not too much I think that the people asking can be a little less rude about it (not you in particular, just some other posts). Particularly as it's very hard to gauge where we are in the story and how to give that context. What is the 'mid-point' of this game? Is answering that a spoiler as well? You see what I mean. You can be 10 hours into this game and feel early or late depending on how you judge it.

I think if you aren't finished yet you just shouldnt be clicking on any spoiler tag unless it's very obviously stuff you've seen. It's a willpower question at that point, some people need to take it a bit easier with this stuff.

Mostly I think if people are making the effort to put things in a spoiler tag then they're plenty respectful to the community as it is, no need to harang them about this stuff at that point imo.
I actually do agree with you, especially with the just don't click until you're done. But I also can't blame people for getting mad at accidentally reading the massive spoilers, especially as spoiler tags are commonly used for everything here, from jokes to questions to massives spoilers.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Come on now, spoiler culture is far too sensitive these days already. If something's already behind a spoiler tab then people don't need to write another additional warning onto the tab.

It would take a special kind of soul to click on a spoiler tab and then be pissed that something got spoiled for them, surely?
It takes all of a few seconds to do it, I don't think it's necessary for anything but massive spoilers though.

Edit: Massive unmarked spoiler below this post!

Last edited:

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
So I'm having some fun making videos for this game. Yestreday I made one for one of the more challenging Nornir chests in the game (at least so far). It's the one in the Witch's Sanctuary where you need the Winds of Hel. If anyone needs help, here it is:

Plus that pesky, elusive (at least for me, I got stuck on something simple) Legendary chest in the Wtich's Cave:

Also, I have a playlist (most for Nornir and Legendary/coffin chests) over here:

Go easy, I'm fairly new to this. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Beat this bad boy yesterday!!

I absolutely loved the game, but I'm feeling a bit let down by how this game ended. I didn't realize Baulder was essentially the last boss fight. I thought there would be a fight against Freya at the very least. Jotenheim just being a dead giant graveyard with nothing to do aside from spread your wife's ashes also kind of let me down! After having the time of my life with this game, the ending kind of left a bad taste in my mouth man. I was really hoping for a fight against Thor or Odin but I gueas they are saving that for the sequel. Still, amazing fucking game, one of my favorites of the last few years

Martoridley

Oct 29, 2017
I hope they'll manage to retain some of the mysteriousness in the sequels. It's one of the greatest things about this game.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the best way to farm hack silver ? Finished the game got too much xp but lacking hack for biggest upgrades

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's probably been discussed already, but I feel like the difficulty settings are a little out of whack. I found the "Give Me A Challenge" so difficult it was detracting from the narrative experience, while the "Give Me A Balanced Experience" is a bit too easy. I went from dying on average 5 times in every encounter to never dying. I'd like to get more of that Bloodborne feeling that every enemy is a threat without being bombarded and feeling like it's impossible.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
It's probably been discussed already, but I feel like the difficulty settings are a little out of whack. I found the "Give Me A Challenge" so difficult it was detracting from the narrative experience, while the "Give Me A Balanced Experience" is a bit too easy. I went from dying on average 5 times in every encounter to never dying. I'd like to get more of that Bloodborne feeling that every enemy is a threat without being bombarded and feeling like it's impossible.

Give me a challenge gets perfect after some upgrades. Not too easy and still a challenge for some overwhelming fights.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this game is so much bigger than I anticipated. Starting to open up a lot of side area's, but dont want to stop this train on the main quest since it is getting so good. Have a ton of stuff to come back to.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Finished a favour quest called "Unfinished Business" but I didn't unlock the trophy with the same name, has this happended anyone else?

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm having some fun making videos for this game. Yestreday I made one for one of the more challenging Nornir chests in the game (at least so far). It's the one in the Witch's Sanctuary where you need the Winds of Hel. If anyone needs help, here it is:

Go easy, I'm fairly new to this. :P
Your thumbnail has a spoiler...

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Well, 100% the game today.

What a fucking pure Joy to play. My favourite game of all time. Combat, story, lore, world building - Perfect.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Give me a challenge gets perfect after some upgrades. Not too easy and still a challenge for some overwhelming fights.

I was wondering about that, but gave up before getting any really substantial upgrades. There's a fight that happens after you fall into a pit (hopefully that's vague enough) about 4 hours in that broke me.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Man, this game is so much bigger than I anticipated. Starting to open up a lot of side area's, but dont want to stop this train on the main quest since it is getting so good. Have a ton of stuff to come back to.

Just so you know, you will miss out on a lot of good and useful stuff if you dedicate yourself tunnel-vision to the main journey all the way. Some of the side quests are fantastic, as are some of the rewards found along their way.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this is a spoiler or not but just in case, is more map related than the actual game story.

I'm pretty far into the game but why I can only teleport to one location using the gates and not to the other ones I see marked in the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.