• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
It's probably been discussed already, but I feel like the difficulty settings are a little out of whack. I found the "Give Me A Challenge" so difficult it was detracting from the narrative experience, while the "Give Me A Balanced Experience" is a bit too easy. I went from dying on average 5 times in every encounter to never dying. I'd like to get more of that Bloodborne feeling that every enemy is a threat without being bombarded and feeling like it's impossible.

As someone who bought Bloodborne day 1 and could never get into it (I only just got to the Cleric Beast when the game was recently on PS Plus, and I felt I wanted to give it another shot), i'm finding the Give Me A Challenge mode on GOW a lot more accessible and rewarding. Not sure if it is the environments (does not feel so claustrophobic to me) or the fact that dying is not punished as nearly as severely. I only very cautiously opted to try the hard mode on GOW because on the developers posted on here that its the "way" to play it, but I am so glad I did.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if this is a spoiler or not but just in case, is more map related than the actual game story.

I'm pretty far into the game but why I can only teleport to one location using the gates and not to the other ones I see marked in the map?
You need to progress more in the story
I'm on the Magic Chisel quest (just opened the big gate)
, what level should I be for this area? And am I missing something to level faster? I've just been progressing through the story.
You should atleast be around 4. What are you doing? Lol. Find/craft better gear as soon as you can

Black Knight

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the game main story before few hours! What a ride! It was a rollercoaster of emotional & epic moments!! Truly a masterpiece and the best PS4 game I've ever played!

The gameplay works so well with the story to the point that there's no other game has balance them as well as GOW does!

Saying it's the best game in the series is underestimating it, because it's one of the best 10 games ever made!

The combat system is so satisfying and engaging, the lore is rich, there are just many things to do in the world : like fighting optional bosses, doing side quests, learning more details and stories about the world and it's characters, finding new & rare equipments/abilities/upgrades etc.., and many other things to do in this beautifully designed world!

The main story is amazing and well written, deep, complex characters both lead & supporting characters, also great villains, Kratos & Atreus journey is something I will never forget, one of the best adventures I've ever seen in a video game!

Don't open the spoiler tag if you haven't beaten the game main sotry yet :
The final fight was just awesome!
Seriously that was so damn epic!! That's how to design a final boss, many great moments in this final showdown between them, the ending was so great and emotional!

This game raised the standards to an almost impossible height!

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing pretty much every side quest I have found, and this game is just fucking amazing and super addictive! So far I would definitely rate it 9/10.

What can I say about the graphics that hasn't said before? Simply breathtaking. And the combat is engaging, fluid, fast and dynamic.

However, I can name a couple of things that I definitely not enjoy:

1) I have played for several hours, and I have only faced ONE boss that made me feel like I was actually playing a God of War game. I really miss the extreme setpieces and the gigantic monsters with moving parts of the previous games. I hope the game has bosses like that besides the one I already killed.

2) Kratos is boring as fuck. In the previous games he was angry and violent, and loud to the point of being comical. But it gave him character. Being fucking angry was like a trademark of his. So far in this game he's basically just a jerk, and silent as fuck. He's a huge disappointment so far. I really expect him to get more development as I progress, because right now "Venom/Punished Kratos" is worse than original Kratos.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game main story before few hours! What a ride! It was a rollercoaster of emotional & epic moments!! Truly a masterpiece and the best PS4 game I've ever played!

The gameplay works so well with the story to the point that there's no other game has balance them as well as GOW does!

Saying it's the best game in the series is underestimating it, because it's one of the best 10 games ever made!

The combat system is so satisfying and engaging, the lore is rich, there are just many things to do in the world : like fighting optional bosses, doing side quests, learning more details and stories about the world and it's characters, finding new & rare equipments/abilities/upgrades etc.., and many other things to do in this beautifully designed world!

The main story is amazing and well written, deep, complex characters both lead & supporting characters, also great villains, Kratos & Atreus journey is something I will never forget, one of the best adventures I've ever seen in a video game!

Don't open the spoiler tag if you haven't beaten the game main sotry yet :
The final fight was just awesome!
Seriously that was so damn epic!! That's how to design a final boss, many great moments in this final showdown between them, the ending was so great and emotional!

This game raised the standards to an almost impossible height!
Have you returned home?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else find this game genuinely funny?

It might just be my dry sense of humor, but I haven't laughed this much in a game for a long time.

Some of my favorite parts:

- Kratos (and sometimes Atreus) addressing Mimir as 'head'
- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

It might just be my dry sense of humor, but I haven't laughed this much in a game for a long time.

- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!
I've gotten some good laughs from it too, haha.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
ugXZ0K94X0HQ0CoyTWRAOcYy2Iooc-6MSrrVwQYScug.jpg
I was going to say that looks like an early model but comparing them I'm not convinced at all. Looks so different with out the beard though.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017

- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!
Brok is unreal. What a funny bald cunt

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I literally laughed a minute at "Mimir: Let us all reflect on that. *small pause* So... Kratos: Reflect longer"

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You need to progress more in the story

You should atleast be around 4. What are you doing? Lol. Find/craft better gear as soon as you can

I've worked out my problem, I didn't know level was based on gear, so I've just been using whatever had highest strength. After putting on some blue gear I've leveled up.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just got a certain.... item that I most certainly didn't expect.

The Blades of Chaos

Jup, this game just jumped from amazing to 10/10 tier. I fucking adore it.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game yesterday after zoning in on the main quest, time to start going deeper into the iceberg and finishing all the optional stuff

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
brave-heart-hold.jpg

The may take our lives, BUT THEY WILL NEVER.TAKE.OUR.NINETYYYYY FIIVEEEEEEEE

ok i leave now

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I literally laughed a minute at "Mimir: Let us all reflect on that. *small pause* So... Kratos: Reflect longer"
I really appreciated the comic relief with those one liners in this game. Great way to break the tension when needed and get some comic relief in there. The writing and character interactions are really well done I feel.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Damn just accidentally clicked a major spoiler :(

My god, took me an hour to beat the first
Valkyrie
last night. This game though, man.

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017

- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!

My favorite is "Mimir of the Bifrost teats!"

BTW, make sure you fast travel to get more stories and lines. :)

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Damn just accidentally clicked a major spoiler :(

My god, took me an hour to beat the first
Valkyrie
last night. This game though, man.
Those are so incredibly tough. I faced one that literally one-shotted me. Crazy difficult motherfuckers, but they will fall someday. :D

Mimir in general is great, especially the banter between him and Kratos.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been doing pretty much every side quest I have found, and this game is just fucking amazing and super addictive! So far I would definitely rate it 9/10.

What can I say about the graphics that hasn't said before? Simply breathtaking. And the combat is engaging, fluid, fast and dynamic.

However, I can name a couple of things that I definitely not enjoy:

1) I have played for several hours, and I have only faced ONE boss that made me feel like I was actually playing a God of War game. I really miss the extreme setpieces and the gigantic monsters with moving parts of the previous games. I hope the game has bosses like that besides the one I already killed.

2) Kratos is boring as fuck. In the previous games he was angry and violent, and loud to the point of being comical. But it gave him character. Being fucking angry was like a trademark of his. So far in this game he's basically just a jerk, and silent as fuck. He's a huge disappointment so far. I really expect him to get more development as I progress, because right now "Venom/Punished Kratos" is worse than original Kratos.
Kratos is much more interesting where I'm at. Has some depth to him.

Totally agree about the bosses. You can have grounded and more mature and still have amazing set pieces and bosses from previous games. That is a shot to this game, Uncharted 4 and Uncharted The Last Legacy.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I am exactly there and level 5.

My problem was I thought you just leveled from XP like most games, so didn't pay much attention to gear, but after realising it's based on your gear I managed to jump from level 2-4 in 2 minutes lol, this should make things less frustrating I imagine :D

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So edge review went up on MC and it's barely hanging onto 95. I am impressed that it didn't drop with this particular review.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017

- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!

Kratos and Mimir were great, When he called him Head made me think of this

al-snow.jpg

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like this game but a few of the trials are bullshit, and the blind effect that a few enemies can give is the worst

I want to get the Platinum but I don't know if I have it in me to grind out the gear that will make taking down the optional bosses bearable

Nov 14, 2017

- The Boat stories
- The Dwarves

So good!

The dialogue was something I did not expect to be this good for God of War. It's honestly incredibly well done.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
im lvl 5 and i cant beat a valkyrie, any tips?
I think I beat my first one around lvl 3-4 and it was a pain in the ass due to my damn pride. Pretty much no room for mistakes, must parry all her yellow attacks and stay on that ass constantly for maximum punish efficiency and constantly utilize the fuck outta BOY at key moments when she's in the air with her bs.
Coming back to the others at a higher level was so much more manageable lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.