• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain how frost and burn damage work. Does it only work when you use runes and build up enough permafrost? Once you build up permafrost, does strength still play into damage or is it all runic now?

Seems strength should always take priority over runic for FPS

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished the main story quest where
Atreus gets sick and then you go to helheim and then Kratos tells Atreus that they're both gods
how much game do I have left? I hope it's a lot I don't want this journey to end anytime soon. So good.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has everybody already seen this beautiful official artwork? :)

41719467611_0d4e5a2245_o.png
No.
Where's that from?
Is there more?

ced

Oct 27, 2017
What's everyones preferred light runic?

I've been using Leviathan's Wake ( axe throw one) for a while and I'm about 1/2 way through the game I think.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
The game is going to lose its 95 MC soon, EDGE review dropped the game from N.48 all the way down to N.61 in the all time best ranked games :O

Next sub 95 score will probably drop it to 94.p, it's only 2 spots above the 94 tier. EDGE weight was devastating. Too bad.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's everyones favorite light runic?

I've been using the axe throw one for awhile and I'm about 1/2 way through the game I think.

I've just been using a spin attack one I got early on and maxed out. Heavy attack is an area attack where he slams the axe down several times if you keep hitting the button. I'm just playing on normal so I haven't had a need to mess around much after finding two Iiked. Maybe I will for some of the end game stuff, but digging deeper into combat systems isn't really my cup of tea.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that they add commentary at some point. There's so much to still learn.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
This game went from amazing to God Tier
right after Atreus gets sick and Freya tells Kratos that he's gotta go to Helheim.

I don't think I ever had a moment in my life where I got so hyped up with chills down my spine with a game
specifically when the camera pans around Kratos' back and Athena shows up in his boat....you go back to the house...he opens up the trap door and pulls out this red and gold tunic that looks like it's holding someth---OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S THE BLADES OF CHAOS. HOLY FUCK. AND THEN ATHENA AT THE DOOR SO OMINOUS. FUCKING HELL OMFG. THAT ENTIRE SEQUENCE WAS ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I LOST MY SHIT. I WAS DUMBFOUNDED. SHOOK. BAMBOOZLED. DOWNRIGHT LOST MY MIND.

yeah. this game is fucking great.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK the valkyrie voice actor are the worst part of the game. Are they intentionally so bad, or...?

nss

Apr 10, 2018
This game went from amazing to God Tier
right after Atreus gets sick and Freya tells Kratos that he's gotta go to Helheim.

I don't think I ever had a moment in my life where I got so hyped up with chills down my spine with a game
specifically when the camera pans around Kratos' back and Athena shows up in his boat....you go back to the house...he opens up the trap door and pulls out this red and gold tunic that looks like it's holding someth---OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S THE BLADES OF CHAOS. HOLY FUCK. AND THEN ATHENA AT THE DOOR SO OMINOUS. FUCKING HELL OMFG. THAT ENTIRE SEQUENCE WAS ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I LOST MY SHIT. I WAS DUMBFOUNDED. SHOOK. BAMBOOZLED. DOWNRIGHT LOST MY MIND.

yeah. this game is fucking great.

Yuuupppp. Pretty much the exact same feeling. I was so very hyped at that moment.

I'm so happy I avoided all spoilers for this game.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyones preferred light runic?

I've been using Leviathan's Wake ( axe throw one) for a while and I'm about 1/2 way through the game I think.

That's my favorite so far as well, so satisfying to just send some dude flying and it does huge damage. I also like the one that charges up a shockwave.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
The game is going to lose its 95 MC soon, EDGE review dropped the game from N.48 all the way down to N.61 in the all time best ranked games :O

Next sub 95 score will probably drop it to 94.p, it's only 2 spots above the 94 tier. EDGE weight was devastating. Too bad.

I think this weight system is stupid. All the opinions should have the same weight. Who the hell determines that this opinion matters more than that other. Really pathetic system.

Resetera should create a new review ranking system for games without weight. MC is not a fair place.

PerilousInJ

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, do I need to approach it to activate it? Now that I think about it, I've just been circling the perimeter of the lake, docking when I can.

There is a certain docking point that has (non story spoiler)
a big golden gate near it, on the same area is a spirit that asks you to destroy a statue of Thor. There is a lever near by that will open the big gate and let you sail through to a hidden area.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this weight system is stupid. All the opinions should have the same weight. Who the hell determines that this opinion matters more than that other. Really pathetic system.

Resetera should create a new review ranking system for games without weight. MC is not a fair place.

That is open critic which just counts the reviews and has 0 weight.

Oct 29, 2017
Almost done with the game. Only thing left is Valkyrie Queen and last 2 story quests. While I'm looking forward to the story stuff, not so much the Valkyrie. Of course she's purple, so the fight is needlessly tedious and of course my other options to beef my self up are the equally tedious Nifelheim and Trials. I've liked this game a lot, but it has some really annoying shit.

Ok, just don't do them? Why on earth would willingly play it if it's annoying?

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
That EDGE score really hurt. A 94 is an inevitability because of a couple of scores that we know are going to be below an 8. Do we know any other reviews that we are expecting?

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I had the opposite problem i level up so much with gear than ever on GMaC the Valkyries life became blue but the queen lol.
A lot of the post game content became to easy .

I've been neglecting side content a bit, so to an extent its my fault even if they shouldn't be gating content this late. Oh well, I should be able to manage. Worse case I can always knock the difficulty down.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
fucking love this game. I have been playing every night since release. I don't need to say that my wife is a bit grumpy because of that lol. tonight I won't play, will grill a prime NY strip god of war style (medium rare), and drink some beers with my woman after I put my BOYS to bed.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been said over and over but this is seriously one of the greatest games of all time.

Maxwood

Oct 30, 2017
MOD EDIT: Added spoiler tag as video's title has a minor spoiler in it.

"I think you've got him"

Those things are fun to fight! They feel like mini-bosses and every time I try to kill one I learn something about the game's combat.
I feel like i've finally grasped how to dodge and roll properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm getting tired of these Dark Elves.
I just used the Unity Stone and in the room with the 4 doors.

Blind Status is the fucking worst.

All they do is spam the projectile attack with the three darkness bombs and play keep away.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
I loved that moment of embarrassment for Kratos when Atreus asked Sindri why Brok's skin was blue and his wasn't.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
The gear in this game is a mess. I just found myself ignoring most of it. I kept getting all these materials and I'm like WTF is all this crap. That UI was also annoying to navigate. Overall, I'd say 8 is a fair score. I just found too many faults to see any higher

zoukka

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Annoying to find a realm tear which spawns enemies that instakill you. I just can't back down and have to just die like 20 times to beat them grrr. Found quite many cheese strats for most of the enemies now too.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Annoying to find a realm tear which spawns enemies that instakill you. I just can't back down and have to just die like 20 times to beat them grrr. Found quite many cheese strats for most of the enemies now too.

Ha, I'm the same way. Only thing I gave up on was the Valkyrie battle I tried. The worst was when I had her down to a sliver of health when she killed me. I didn't have a healing stone on me at the time, though.

Oct 29, 2017
The gear in this game is a mess. I just found myself ignoring most of it. I kept getting all these materials and I'm like WTF is all this crap. That UI was also annoying to navigate

You have an axe, right. You get either light runic stones and heavy runic stones, shich both change your L1+ attack depending on heavy or kight attacks. You also have armor pieces for waist, wrist and belt. Each of these can have sockets where you cn put certain runes in, which can do stuff like increasing stats/resistances. You also have an axe pommel which you can equip.

Did you play the tutorial at all? It goes through all of this

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
The gear in this game is a mess. I just found myself ignoring most of it. I kept getting all these materials and I'm like WTF is all this crap. That UI was also annoying to navigate. Overall, I'd say 8 is a fair score. I just found too many faults to see any higher
Totally not. Read and you'll understand everything. Nothing is complicated lazy boy

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I know we've come to a point where we hate these posts lol

BUT... I think I'm about 75% in? Can someone confirm?

I just finished the Black Rune

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

The gear is pretty straightforward really. Everything is spelled out clearly in the descriptions.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
I'm about half way through. Question about how far I am / upcoming side content

I just
had Mimir blow into the horn and the water fell for a second time. I'm assuming I'm about 40% in the main story? I see I'm on chapter 6 of 16. Also, I did all the side content now that I could. Is there a third point where more side content opens up, or am I left with basically the combat arenas and harder fights for side content? I can't currently get into King's Hollow and I know there's a third dragon to free somewhere.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Question on a puzzle on the bridge in Helheim:

So I think I'm supposed to take a Hel's wind from the gates at one end all the way to to the tomb-thing near the entrance to the temple at the other end? There is a segment where it looks like I need to vault over a column on the ground, get to the round area with the horn, quick turn and transfer the wind to the device up in the round part? I just can't get the timing. I run out about a second before I can hit it.

Am I correct and just can't get the timing or am I missing something?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The UI for the gear is legitimately pretty messy. The store specifically is a hot mess, anything you buy is being compared to what you have INCLUDING the sockets, which makes it so basically everything looks "worse" and the only workaround is removing all the sockets first. There's way too many types of materials for crafting, and random stuff you pick up that are permanent buffs that are clunky to locate what it was you just picked up.

There's also the final upgrade for your weapon, which is optional but easy to miss. You get a special material that you have to trade in the store in a different tab to then apply the upgrade to the weapon. It doesn't lead you through that well whatsoever.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Question on a puzzle on the bridge in Helheim:

So I think I'm supposed to take a Hel's wind from the gates at one end all the way to to the tomb-thing near the entrance to the temple at the other end? There is a segment where it looks like I need to vault over a column on the ground, get to the round area with the horn, quick turn and transfer the wind to the device up in the round part? I just can't get the timing. I run out about a second before I can hit it.

Am I correct and just can't get the timing or am I missing something?

I had the exact problem yesterday, you have
to be under the circle platform and throw the blades through the wall, this is a really close one, took me a while to realize that it works this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.