• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yeah, I'll try that, thanks :)

You're welcome :)

K9FQwgV.gif

Brutal

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Any consensus on cheesiest abilities and familiars? lol

In the latter half I'm quite liking the (Summon)
Murder of Crows
myself.

Renmyra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont like the blades's runic attacks, they dont have a knock down effect, at least at lvl2.
They still stagger the enemy and do way more damage than normal attacks. Also, are you not decked out in XP? I had like 200k by the end of the game.

My go to strat for the Valks after a fair share of attempts was popping the frost storm talisman, heavy rune blessing for the axe and then just go ham. Follow up with the rest of your runic attacks and they're pretty much half dead.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does your character level in this game have any impact on damage received vs damage inflicted, or is it just a simplified way of looking at your overall stats?

Oct 25, 2017
How is that a weird choice?
Because people are all slaves to their expectations even though the game never presents itself

as being about anything more than Kratos and Atreus spreading the ashes and Baldur.

Maybe there were one or two too many hooks that ended up being sequel stuff but the game's ending is great.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game almost twice now (on GMGoW now), and just today I realized that when you enter the portals, you don't actually have to move until you run into the door. I just stood there today to see if a door would appear, and it did...

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Any consensus on cheesiest abilities and familiars? lol

In the latter half I'm quite liking the (Summon)
Murder of Crows
myself.

That was my go-to summon for Atreus, it's the highest dmg on top of having good area crowd control, especially when fully upgraded and Atreus wearing the runic outfit (which extends the duration).

For Kratos my go to abilities were:

Blades:
Light Runic: Rampage of the Furies (so much dmg, only drawback was long'ish animation time which was only an issue with the valkyrie queen (who could attack through cc)
Heavy Runic: Hyperion Slam - Heavy dmg in a line that knocks enemies back and melts them

Axe:
Light Runic: Njörd's Tempest and Tyr's Revenge, Njord's was great for the aoe dmg and Tyr's revenge is useful to lock an enemy down (good for the harder enemies) and you can punch them while it's locking them down.

Heavy Runic: Frost Giants Frenzy - This was the go to runic for boss fights, it does soooooo much dmg, especially when upgraded fully and you can do like 8 hits with it, it also breaks block stoo which was great vs the valkyrie's that used their wings to shield.

Tailsman - Amulet of Kvasir - It's witch time basically, incredibly useful if you dodge a lot, lets you get free hits in, even on bosses.

Where in gods hell do I get this?

EDIT: And what is it called?

Amulet of Kvasir, it's a talisman that you can get fairly early in the game when you go to Alfheim, when you are on the lake area go to the Light Elf Sanctuary

Video to help you find it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUy8FUFvAis

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting some annoying audio glitches while having control. It'll be during a conversation between Kratos and Atreus as I'm moving them along. The audio glitches and drops out at times. Atreus will say something, Kratos will respond but then his audio cuts out and then Atreus' dialogue overlaps his.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where in gods hell do I get this?

EDIT: And what is it called?

It is called executioners cleave. The enemy has to be low enough health for it to fully animate in such a way but you hold down R2 until you see the animation change into the two-handed charge rather than the underhand swing then let go. The longer you hold it the more damage you can do.

The witch time activation on dodge is here:

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got back to Midgard after finishing the
Ringed Temple.
About how far am I into the game now? A quarter of the way through? A third?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and it's a decent trinket, but there is one that I think is overall MUCH better early on, another that is pretty great midway, and then another that is similar to the one in the video, yet manually activated and lasts for 8s after upgrades.
I beat the first realm and haven't come across any like that so far, I think. Feel like I'm scouring everywhere too.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
R*** IS DOWN !!!! THIS GAME IS AMAZING !!!

Nice, I noticed you caught a kinda handy trick / bug that I wound up taking advantage of on
Sigrun
if you get caught on the stomp while Spartan Rage is active and it depletes your rage during the animation, you're invincible for the duration.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Lawd have mercy!

I just got Mimir's dome piece, and have to visit the Witch, so I assume I can get it then?
Much earlier.
In the first realm with the elves. There's an area you can row to where you can unlock it, the area is called 'Light Elf Sanctuary' It's east right when you got to the open lake area, just row to the east to find it. There's a small puzzle you have to solve before you unlock it. I would link a video but with youtube you'll probably end up with loads of spoilers.

Oct 27, 2017
Much earlier.
In the first realm with the elves. There's an area you can row to where you can unlock it, the area is called 'Light Elf Sanctuary' It's east right when you got to the open lake area, just row to the east to find it. There's a small puzzle you have to solve before you unlock it. I would link a video but with youtube you'll probably end up with loads of spoilers.

I thought I explored it all, but somehow I missed it, or maybe I needed the arrows to clear the sap?

If that is not it, I will check again! Thanks!

The open lake area as in the main one where you needed to release the light and the waters parted then went back to normal after killing the Dark Elf boss?

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These Valkyrie fights are straight Punch Out out fights. Need to play them several times till you figure out the pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.