• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: God of War :: Patch v1.0.12 Released

Patch v1.0.12 for God of War is now live. Please restart Steam to receive the update immediately. Patch Notes New Features FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 has been implemented and is now available as a resolution-scaling option within the display settings menu Fixes The Toggle Aim/Block...

Paging Digital Foundry

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow that was quick. It's nice that Sony's PC ports seem to be getting both the nVidia and AMD suite of features.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Dictator be like

R.0759f8cc53249fde2a10193841a0ed9a

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I hope GoW:R on PS5 has it as well with RT @ 60FPS mode 🤷🏻‍♂️

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Thats very good. I will still stick to DLSS for now

Waiting for a comparison video

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Trying it out quick... God of War has some pretty noisy hair rendering, and FSR just makes it incredibly noisy and distracting. DLSS doesn't handle it that well either, but it just looks low-res and kinda blurry, which is preferable to exaggerated shimmer.

Also, the DLSS and FSR options don't have the same order in the menu, which is weird. DLSS goes from lowest to highest res, FSR goes the opposite way.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Praying that this bodes well for the upcoming Uncharted 4/LL PC Ports having both DLSS/FSR 2.0.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
PC version gets FSR 2.0 and Dualsense and still the PS5 version gets no updates beyond the framerate unlock. Sucks man.

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
PC version gets FSR 2.0 and Dualsense and still the PS5 version gets no updates beyond the framerate unlock. Sucks man.
They've already said the PC stuff has helped with Ragnarok but I get that it sucks for PS5 owners. I guess they just don't add it because they don't expect to make money from sales now on PlayStation? Idk

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Only good thing, GoW ragnorok on ps5 and ps4 pro hopefully will have it and a 60fps mode rather the Checkerboard rendering. The ps4 pro vs pc comparison shows a lot of draw back from Checkerboard rendering.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
They've already said the PC stuff has helped with Ragnarok but I get that it sucks for PS5 owners. I guess they just don't add it because they don't expect to make money from sales now on PlayStation? Idk

Yeah this could be the reason for it. I always fall back to "if you're working on that then why not treat the PS fans to something too. I know there's more to it then that though.

The limitations of BC continues to hurt.

We could have had unlocked frame rates with VRR and dualsense features if Sony's BC wasn't so rigid.

This is right as well. Sony really need to figure this out.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
They'd have to do a full, native PS5 port of the game to add some of these options and they're really only a slight change from what we have now. It's not like they're adding in RT or something

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I'd bet good money both Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed will have comparison videos out before the end of the week.
Not to open that can of worms again....but the initial Deathloop FSR 2.0 vids showed why some of us were waiting for the DF video instead of just taking HUB and TPU at face value

jobboy

Mar 24, 2018
I am still unsure this FSR 2.0 talk Is still reserved to PC stuff. I haven't seen anything relevant related to ps5/consoles except some minor talk... Are we sure this Will be largely available on consoles and their being able to handle It so cheap and Easy??

OP
OP
Lashley

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I am still unsure this FSR 2.0 talk Is still reserved to PC stuff. I haven't seen anything relevant related to ps5/consoles except some minor talk... Are we sure this Will be largely available on consoles and their being able to handle It so cheap and Easy??
It should be in Forspoken

I believe Deathloop is adding it too?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Not to open that can of worms again....but the initial Deathloop FSR 2.0 vids showed why some of us were waiting for the DF video instead of just taking HUB and TPU at face value
DF reached the same conclusion as them, people just got offended by the "DLSS killer" line so they felt vindicated by a slightly less positive review.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm primarily a PC gamer but I have a PS5 and have it on there instead. Something more than a framerate unlock would be welcomed there too. Same with Days Gone.

They want me to double dip but I refuse Sony. Lol.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I may need to buy the PC port just to see how it looks on my 1080 Ti with FSR 2.0 vs the PS5 checkeboard output.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's FOSS and in the Xbox SDK, takes 3 days to implement for games using DLSS 2.*, and 2 weeks for games that have TAA already. If consoles/ console games don't use it, it's because they don't want to for whatever reason not because of anything else.