• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Thanks a lot guys. Blood soaked Kratos and some locations and other stuff I did not want to see. Is it really that hard to not post this shit and judge for yourself that other people might consider this as spoilers? Jesus.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Thanks a lot guys. Blood soaked Kratos and some locations and other stuff I did not want to see. Is it really that hard to not post this shit and judge for yourself that other people might consider this as spoilers? Jesus.

People are fucking stupid. I mean it says right there in the OP not to post that shit until July.

Thread probably should of been held off for a lot longer.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Well, mods should be quicker on this one... There are some enjoyment breaking spoilers on a couple of screens.... I reported one, hopefully, it will be deleted ASAP.

Clix

Banned

Blood soaked is now a spoiler? This nonsense is getting out of hand these last couple of years. "That hill a spoiler!" "Kratos is drinking a beer? Spoiler!"

How about don't go into a thread that says "God of War Photography" where you will see... pictures.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Blood soaked is now a spoiler? This nonsense is getting out of hand these last couple of years. "That hill a spoiler!" "Kratos is drinking a beer? Spoiler!"

How about don't go into a thread that says "God of War Photography" where you will see... pictures.
Yeah spoiler culture is out of control. I'm sad stump got doxxed and left the internet his stance on spoilers was the right one.

That said if the OP and mods deem random screens as spoilers I won't really complain. I'm glad I was here to see them before they got deleted.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a mod can add a spoiler warning to the thread title, if people really do fail to have a bit of common sense to read the rules and to not spoil others in here? (Didn't see what kind of spoilers were actually posted.)

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
In a couple of hours in Australia and Asia (far on the east).

Blood soaked Kratos is not a spoiler, but some of the locations and the things on other screens are, like big fucking spoilers.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
User Warned: Insulting another user.

Ah yes how naive of us to wander into a thread for a title not yet released to peruse some early in game shots from ERA members only to see late game content like a blood soaked Kratos standing with HUGE FUCKING Spoiler. Thanks fanboy you fucking dolt.

Quite silly indeed.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yes how naive of us to wander into a thread for a title not yet released to peruse some early in game shots from ERA members only to see late game content like a blood soaked Kratos standing with the Blades of Chaos.

Quite silly indeed.

What the fuck mate? Do you really need to point out some of the things?

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh bloody hell if you're sensitive to spoilers stay away from this.

It's not rocket science. Spoiler culture is so incredibly frustrating. It's like watching a bunch of people who are terrified of water sit on the border of a pool and complain they're getting wet.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

It's not a story spoiler, but him laying there on the ground implies something and besides: it's not an image we've seen in any press released footage. So why the hell would you post that? Let people find out these scenes for themselves.

How about reading the OP rules and take in account that some people expect just early game shots and certainly no shots of these above scenes.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
One of the spoilers is the best-hidden thing PlayStation did in the campaign and everything else. Just the fact that it's in the picture is game breaking and enjoyment breaking spoiler.

In the OP, it clearly says about locations and other things, not before 20th. It's just common sense not to post something that will reveal such hidden secret and a thing from the game.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Right. Me pointing something out in a giant 1080p screenshot is the fucking problem.

Pointing that out is the problem. You know it, I know it, some of the people do not know what are they seeing, its

You don't see what you don't want to see if you're not familiar with things from the game. It stroke me and you immediately, no point in pointing it out for the rest of the people just because you see it.

Last edited:

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One of the spoilers is the best-hidden thing PlayStation did in the campaign and everything else. Just the fact that it's in the picture is game breaking and enjoyment breaking spoiler.

In the OP, it clearly says about locations and other things, not before 20th. It's just common sense not to post something that will reveal such hidden secret and a thing from the game.

That one spoiler is a giant spoiler but I think people would need to know what they're looking for to notice it. I've already seen that scene and if it wasn't mentioned I wouldn't have picked it up from the screen.

Seriously if you're sensitive to spoilers and you're in this thread the blame is on you. And seeing how several people who are "spoiler sensitive" IMMEDIATELY picked out a tiny detail like that isn't a good look.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh bloody hell if you're sensitive to spoilers stay away from this.

It's not rocket science. Spoiler culture is so incredibly frustrating. It's like watching a bunch of people who are terrified of water sit on the border of a pool and complain they're getting wet.

Yes, this. Why are people here if they are not prepared to maybe get spoiled? What do this people expect? That we post pictures from the very first area for next 2 months? No, if you are sensitive for spoiler then stay the hell out here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Pointing that out is the problem. You know it, I know it, some of the people do not know what are they seeing, its just small part of the blade. You don't see what you don't want to see if you're not familiar with things from the game. It stroke me and you immediately, no point in pointing it out for the rest of the people just because you see it.

Lol, it wasnt what you think it was, i took care about that and made sure i dont post screens with spoilery stuff. It was just Kratos covered in blood, which is now a spoiler I guess.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, this. Why are people here if they are not prepared to maybe get spoiled? What do this people expect? That we post pictures from the very first area for next 2 months? No, if you are sensitive for spoiler then stay the hell out here.

It truly gets ridicolous. I'm already prepared to the inevitable posts from someone who enters the OT 15 days after the game releases and going "Why do you guys keep posting spoilers in this thread? Have you no consideration for people who are waiting for a black friday sale?".

Clix

Banned
Ah yes how naive of us to wander into a thread for a title not yet released to peruse some early in game shots from ERA members only to see late game content like a blood soaked Kratos standing with HUGE FUCKING Spoiler. Thanks fanboy you fucking dolt.

Quite silly indeed.

Fanboy? What? Okay then. First of, I am pretty sure calling me a "fucking dolt" is now really allowed her. Not towards me or other members. But you are showing your age, so I can't really blame you entirely. Again, look at the thread title. You clicked on it. If you are that sensitive to spoilers about the most non sequential thing, such as blood on Kratos despite no story spoilers being involved to begin with, do not click on the thread. You asked to make yourself mad about nothing. And he is standing not with a huge spoiler at all. Give it a rest. Talk to other people like an adult without slinging insults at other members or don't speak at all. Don't behave like a stereotype right now.

It's not a story spoiler, but him laying there on the ground implies something and besides: it's not an image we've seen in any press released footage. So why the hell would you post that? Let people find out these scenes for themselves.

How about reading the OP rules and take in account that some people expect just early game shots and certainly no shots of these above scenes.

And there is the OT thread, man. It's a photography thread. If you have seen press released screenshots already, why go into the photography thread to see shots other people take if you don't want to see it?

As you said, it's not a story spoiler but it implies something. Anything can imply anything. If that is how you see it, then best to avoid any photo thread.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Pro

tgykjf.png

Wow. You can see the anguish in his face. It is amazing. Can not wait to play this on Friday.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Also, what are "late game locations"? I bet I could post pictures from "that colorful place" or the sea after that and people would loose their minds.
And I mean, I want to post them, cause that's where I am now.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... Why are people pissed that there's spoilers in the photography thread.

That's like getting pissed because you got wet at the swimming pool.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also, what are "late game locations"? I bet I could post pictures from "that colorful place" or the sea after that and people would loose their minds.
And I mean, I want to post them, cause that's where I am now.

Late game locations to me are the last 1/3 of the game. Everything shown in trailers before, or in released screens and the reviews is perfectly sensible to post, imo. That includes the "colorful place" and the lake and locations beyond that.

PS4 Pro, gameplay

26691211387_11ee222792_o.png

26691188697_175fb3dca3_o.png

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Of course technically amazing, but the art direction looks so similar to Horizon that it doesn't have that extra wow factor for me.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Too too clean !!!! Can't wait for photomode to happen !

The image quality is pristine. Likely the best 4K checkerboard implementation that we've seen so far. Better than Horizon Zero Dawn. Even in 4K, downsampled Horizon looks a little soft when you take direct gameplay screens. God of War however is even during gameply as clean and crisp as Horizon in its photo mode.

Dr Guildo

Oct 27, 2017
France
The image quality is pristine. Likely the best 4K checkerboard implementation that we've seen so far. Better than Horizon Zero Dawn. Even in 4K, downsampled Horizon looks a little soft when you take direct gameplay screens. God of War however is even during gameply as clean and crisp as Horizon in its photo mode.

giphy.gif

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017

When you try to take screenshots while Kratos is moving, it does not look so good. No matter if its downscaled to 1080p or not. Too shame that they haven't launched it with Photo Mode just because of this problem. Motion blur in combination with CB is making game look soo blurry.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When you try to take screenshots while Kratos is moving, it does not look so good. No matter if its downscaled to 1080p or not. Too shame that they haven't launched it with Photo Mode just because of this problem. Motion blur in combination with CB is making game look soo blurry.

It's because of the motion blur, but you can completely deactivate it and the problem should be one.

Welcome to my next batch of Screenshots, are you ready for 80 new masterpieces?

No real order here, some did I made a few hours later, some earlier, let's start with some mind blowing textures, crisp as fuck.

God of War - PS4 Pro resolution mode 1080p super sampling.

kIDNERU.png

nNNT9r9.png