• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I want to share photos of what you see when you turn around in that image, but some here might take offense of showing it already. :/

Mhhh but that was the next thing I wanted to post for the new site. :D But I maybe wait then. :/

CxsIwIN.png

DFXrqu5.png

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS4

gTmmsq4.jpg

klwmNkh.jpg

I love the lighting in this game specially when they are from single source in dim lit Environment.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, just use an USB stick like I do.
Original, full sized PNG lossless pictures.

God of War PS4 Pro Super Sampling 1080p Resolution Mode

I know that posting the captured screenshots to social media sites causes a big compression of the image quality and the file size. But using USB all the time from PS4 to USB then PC is kinda a pain all the time. What about sending a picture via PS Messages then retrieving it on PC throught the web mesaging? Will it keep the lossless quality of it? If only PS4 allowed wireless content copying to PC.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I know that posting the captured screenshots to social media sites causes a big compression of the image quality and the file size. But using USB all the time from PS4 to USB then PC is kinda a pain all the time. What about sending a picture via PS Messages then retrieving it on PC throught the web mesaging? Will it keep the lossless quality of it? If only PS4 allowed wireless content copying to PC.

Theoretically it works, I do that sometimes when I only want to show something quick but it has one flaw, it converts the png to jpg, so not 100% compression free. The best solution is still the USB stick.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro, gameplay

26736247497_4e8b7a864e_o.png

26736252847_6ca69835b7_o.png

I know everybody and their grandma took this exact same photo, lol. Photo mode please come quickly! D:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Okay trying to post again since I started moving the screenshots by USB. Lets see how it goes

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
This game is beautiful but I still think that Uncharted 4 and Horizon take the crown this gen when it comes to visuals.

Edit: After playing this for more than an hour, I feel really stupid in regards to my original comment. Visually, this game is easily on par with, if not superior than, Uncharted 4 and Horizon.

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Well, looks like that's it for me. No more pictures till later because I finished the game and there's stuff you shouldn't see

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Tyaren I can't understand how some naysayers to the game and to SSM's great talent and skills still continue to deny how the game is quite a looker in bith tech and art wise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tyaren I can't understand how some naysayers to the game and to SSM's great talent and skills still continue to deny how the game is quite a looker in bith tech and art wise.

I don't think anyone says this game isn't great looking...or they are obviously blind and/or cuh-razy. ;)
While the tech is already mighty impressive (the single shot camera, no noticable loading and the huge scale of everything), it is imo especially the art that elevates this game to the very top. The art design is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. There is so much beauty that I want to share here, but I fear those photos would be considered spoilers by many. :(
I take the comparatively low participation (compared to Horizon Zero Dawn or Shadow of the Colossus) in this thread as a combination of people being afraid to get spoilered and of the lack of a photo mode.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think anyone says this game isn't great looking...or they are obviously blind and/or cuh-razy. ;)
While the tech is already mighty impressive (the single shot camera, no noticable loading and the huge scale of everything), it is imo especially the art that elevates this game to the very top. The art design is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. There is so much beauty that I want to share here, but I fear those photos would be considered spoilers by many. :(
I take the comparatively low participation (compared to Horizon Zero Dawn or Shadow of the Colossus) in this thread as a combination of people being afraid to get spoilered and of the lack of a photo mode.

When can you or anyone post those kind of screens, After 3 months?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When can you or anyone post those kind of screens, After 3 months?
I set it as three months from now, July 20th...but I actually might cut that to 2 months, because I doubt that people will be participating in here much after 3 months. That sadly was the case with the Shadow of the Colossus thread as well.
This concerns "real" spoilers, like boss fights and vital story scenes, but I really think we should be able to post more locations of at least the first 2/3 of the game maybe after a week. Otherwise I too would not be able to participate much in here anymore. :/

I know what you're talking about exactly and it's unavoidable. That's why I stopped sharing in this thread :(

Let's increase the number of locations that we can post content from next week on Friday?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I set it as three months from now, July 20th...but I actually might cut that to 2 months, because I doubt that people will be participating in here much after 3 months. That sadly was the case with the Shadow of the Colossus thread as well.
This concerns "real" spoilers, like boss fights and vital story scenes, but I really think we should be able to post more locations of at least the first 2/3 of the game maybe after a week. Otherwise I too would not be able to participate much in here anymore. :/

I agree yeah. 3 months are really that far away and people would lose interest. By then who wouldn't have finished the game already? I think you should make the time limit shorter.
Review videos and " things you should knknow wo before playing" videos spoiled more stuff already to be afraid to post some here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
4K PS4 Pro shot, not terribly spoilerish but just to be safe:

ivpdq.jpg

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
R3M9glx.jpg

Was debating with a friend over which of these two looks best. I like the one on the right, looks more natural and has more detail in more opinion. What do you guys think? These are just captures with the share button during live gameplay.
left is with hdr off, right is right hdr on.
full sizes of the images here https://imgur.com/a/MKU28jQ

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
R3M9glx.jpg

Was debating with a friend over which of these two looks best. I like the one on the right, looks more natural and has more detail in more opinion. What do you guys think? These are just captures with the share button during live gameplay.
left is with hdr off, right is right hdr on.
full sizes of the images here https://imgur.com/a/MKU28jQ
Definitely right. HDR is a blessing!

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Edge Is it normal that imgur turns the png pictures to jpg even when I upload in full quality?