• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
sony-santa-monica-developer-linkedin-profile-image-2.jpg

https://www.gamepur.com/news/36710-god-war-developer-unannounced-ps4-game.html

- This is either God of War 2 for PS5, which obviously can't be named
- This is a new IP for PS4, but could also be for the PS5
- Maybe some standalone DLC, which I seriously doubt though
- Or they are planning to launch whatever this is on both PS4 and PS5, but I sincerely doubt that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What? Sony Santa Monica is working on a game? Impossible. They were clearly shut down as soon as GoW wrapped.

(It's probably GoW2)

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Probably assisting on an SSM outside development project with another studio. I really doubt GoW2 (what are they gonna call that game?) will be on PS4.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be shocked if it was God of War 2. GoW had a ton of great content and combat. The world was pretty big with a lot to explore. That game took years to finish. I can see the next game taking at least 3 years to finish if it were to follow up on this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I sure hope they started a new game, 7 months after the release of God of War.
And "PS4" is only here since you know what would happen if a dev put "PS5" in a LinkedIn ^^'

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best case scenario GoW "2" releases in 2021, ~3 years of dev time is pretty short, but they already have a very solid foundation. It could be crossgen if PS5 is late 2020.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It would be pretty cool if they made a standalone expansion for GoW like uncharted TLL.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
a company that finished up a game moved on to their next project?
STOP THE PRESS!!!!
jokes aside, is likely Dad of Boy II.

Oct 25, 2017
PS4? Damn.

Well, if the gap between the PS4 Pro and the PS5 isn't that big, it makes sense to keep games cross gen for as long as possible, I guess.

PS4 1080p 30fps
PS4 Pro 4K checkerboard 30fps
PS5 4K 60fps

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I can't see GoW2 be anything but cross generation if this is so. I don't think it's GoW related.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
I hope for a stand alone GOW expansion, like Uncharted:The Lost legacy.

Cory twitted many times that he wants to show the story between GOW 3 and GOW4 in a game and not in other media
How Kratos arrived in the new land, what happened in these years and his meeting with the wife.
He said that they didn't show the face of the wife for this reason.

This is not story sequel stuff, it's fine for a big stand alone expansion.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit! A dev that finished a game continues on to make a new game. Why the hell is this news, lol!?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A $40 stand alone DLC ala Uncharted Lost Legacy for God of War would make a lot of sense.

No way they get a proper sequel out this generation.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im actually surprised its a PS4 game. With how long GoW took, I doubt this is something as big as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.