• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
I get that, but COVID impact isn't the same as other production issues, and that definitely impacted them alongside MoCap with Chris Judge. Regardless, it being a console sales booster is moot given the supply constraints at the time, it would have made zero impact.
True, i forgot about the mocap aspect.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
what is a "desirable outcome" here? if they delay it because the game isn't in a state to be released, I would prefer that
The desirable outcome would be for it to come out in 2022, at the best quality it could be. If it has to get delayed thats fine but its not ideal.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. GoTY released in Feb then. What the hell else if even close? I at least thought Starfield/GoW would be contenders this year, but nope.

Schreier Comment

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to definitely prove a negative but Someone Who Would Know Firsthand just told me they haven't heard anything about a slip to 2023, as did Someone Else Who Might Know Secondhand.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
At least we know who is winning The Game Awards this year

wGdm9Hs.jpg
This was always a given no matter what game was released this year

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Considering the timing of this and the update to the PS servers, I kind of feel like....like everyone else has said...that it's not delayed til 2023. Kind of comes across as one of those articles you'd see on Facebook where it says "God of War: Ragnarok DELAYED! The sequel to the smash PS4 hit God of War has reportedly run into trouble and has been delayed"

But then in the actual article it just mentions that the backend stuff was updated and the internal release date was pushed back. Then, some other site picks it up and telephone's the shit out of it for clicks and flat out says that it's delayed until 2023. Whatever though, as grim as the delays are there will still be things to play this year.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow retailers being wrong... Who could've seen this coming.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to definitely prove a negative but Someone Who Would Know Firsthand just told me they haven't heard anything about a slip to 2023, as did Someone Else Who Might Know Secondhand.

There it is.

Jason to the rescue.

The only source outside of an official announcement that we need.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievably expected on my end lol, I had this game out of my list for the year since January

EDIT: Jason just made me eat crow all within 10 seconds of posting this

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Well. The release date is still not set in stones even it is still releasing this year. Hopefully we will see another trailer before September.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Ugh, my masterplan to destroy PS once and for all. You will pay for this Jason Schreier! :evil laugh:

TheXboxPost

Banned
Oct 1, 2021
Why would anyone want the end of the world coming this year? LOL.

DELAY IT! AT LEAST UNTIL I CAN PLAY HALO FORGE!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure I'll take first hand knowledge over any of this sneak fuck does it again. Lol.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This being the next cyberpunk is absolutely rich. Do words and phrases lose all meaning now? Lol

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
If they plan to release it this year the announcement should be imminent. But in any case I doubt it will release in September.
Late October/November would be my guess.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
The thread that may already have been debunked by Jason?

What comparison is there to be made other than multiple delays, which plenty of high profile games experience?

That is exactly my point, which you'd have seen if you read a few more posts. It's making fun of people who throw the cyberpunk thing around with zero logic or thought behind it.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
If they plan to release it this year the announcement should be imminent. But in any case I doubt it will release in September.
Late October/November would be my guess.

Safe to say there was an internal delay given the PSN back-end (to Q4) and kerfuffle here. Just a matter of when specifically, but it looks like they are still aiming for end of year.