• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hype was this trailer?

• Very hype

• Sorta hype

• Not hype

• I forgot it was crossgen

• Can't wait to play this on my Deck in 2-3 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Can't wait - looks amazing 👍

Only thing that bums me out a bit, seems like we're going back to a few of the same realms? I spied Muspelheim, Alfheim, and Hel. I want to go to all of those other closed off realms that were locked off and that we couldn't get into in the first game.

OP
OP
Biosnake

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Naaa... I think he bites it... or some sort of him losing his immortality thing.

Also... this game is going to in GOTY again isnt it. I initially thought elden ring had it on lock...but there is just something about this GOWR whole package that makes me feel its going to move people more.
I'll love GoWR but nothing is beating Elden Ring for me most likely. If it does though, then this might be one of the best years in gaming.

May 10, 2018

Only thing that bums me out a bit, seems like we're going back to a few of the same realms? I spied Muspelheim, Alfheim, and Hel. I want to go to all of those other closed off realms that were locked off and that we couldn't get into in the first game.
We're going to all 9 this time and from the trailer alone we see that things are different in Alfheim.

I wouldn't be surprised if Surtur is an optional boss in Muspelheim as well.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

All 9 realms are playable in this game.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

They are very deliberately mostly only showing realms that we have already seen. All 9 realms are in this game, I think the dwarfs one is another that they have shown.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
Not seeing any major upgrades, at least graphics wise, but looks great none-the-less. Testament to how good 2018 looked honestly. I'm not on the hype train yet, but that could change closer to release.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
We're going to all 9 this time and from the trailer alone we see that things are different in Alfheim.

I wouldn't be surprised if Surtur is an optional boss in Muspelheim as well.

All 9 realms are playable in this game.

They are very deliberately mostly only showing realms that we have already seen. All 9 realms are in this game, I think the dwarfs one is another that they have shown.

Nice! Well, alright. No complaints at all if we truly get to see all those others then 😁

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Naaa... I think he bites it... or some sort of him losing his immortality thing.

Also... this game is going to in GOTY again isnt it. I initially thought elden ring had it on lock...but there is just something about this GOWR whole package that makes me feel its going to move people more.
I think its cinematic nature of the story build up right, people want to know how this story ends plus given the nature of how big characters like Thor are these days everyone has been waiting for that clash to happen. Added on with this is the best trailer I've seen from any game in recent memory including Elden Ring. There's just way more investment here and if they deliver on the writing which I'm betting they will, I wouldn't be surprised this gets GOTY.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The person that came with the ideia of the Axe clashing with Thor's hammer needs a raise

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I might actually be able to do it.

That is to eventually play this game without watching this trailer despite the insane amount of hype in this thread.

I think the game will have greater impact on me this way.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
They managed to keep a lot of the first game's secrets and twists out of the trailers, so I'm not particularly worried about spoilers at this point. I'll definitely be playing the game, of course.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yes... the God of War dies.... but just not Kratos.

That picture in part 1 though. Unless his bro Tyr takes the bullet for him. Either way, it should interesting.
I still think that mural in the first game isn't him, I feel like the clothing he's wearing is the giveaway that it's someone else.
cdfc12b3a9.jpeg

On top of that, if it was Kratos they'd probably also be showing him from his left side to show his tattoos. Kratos is depicted on the murals three time, and every single time they're showing his left side so they can also show his tattoo as an identifier.
Edit: actually taking another look, Kratos is also shown from his right side once when the mural depicts the fight against Magni and Modi, and even then it's showing his red tattoo.

Last edited:

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that mural in the first game isn't him, I feel like the clothing he's wearing is the giveaway that it's someone else.
cdfc12b3a9.jpeg

On top of that, if it was Kratos they'd probably also be showing him from his left side to show his tattoos. Kratos is depicted on the murals three time, and every single time they're showing his left side so they can also show his tattoo as an identifier.
I do think Atreus dies at some point. The beginning of the trailer was very odd…Kratos just laying his weapons on the ground and on the table with a sad face.

Oct 25, 2017
While I personally don't really care if Atreus gets killed off or not, I'd be down to see Kratos going beyond insane if that happened.

The mural at the end of the last game had Atreus walking away alone with wolves. It's all broken around him so could easily not be alone but I doubt he dies. Guess it depends on how much of the prophecy they change.

Damn... i think you are unto something. And is such an easy thing to miss. It seems me along with Atreus believe it was Kratos.

The game definitely wants you to think that's Kratos. He seems to think so himself. But it looks very different from the other depictions of Kratos. Tyr would be my guess

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The game definitely wants you to think that's Kratos. He seems to think so himself. But it looks very different from the other depictions of Kratos. Tyr would be my guess
Tyr has hair though, this guy is bald.
One option could be that Mimir somehow regains his body only to die later, the mural with that dying character also just so happen to be broken where his horns would be if that's Mimir. The only thing which makes me kinda doubt the Mimir theory is that I'd expect the tattoos on his head to be depicted.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I saw this mentioned by Kaptain Kuba, but if you look at the bifrost on Krato's waist you can tell what's in the early game.

You can spot the old bifrost in the sled part (where Kratos is likely running away from Freya) and the Thor fight.

In the Svartalfheim footage Kratos doesn't have it anymore, but in other realms shown in this new trailer you can spot what is likely a new bifrost.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I do think Atreus dies at some point. The beginning of the trailer was very odd…Kratos just laying his weapons on the ground and on the table with a sad face.
I mean I guess he has to father the world serpent in the future, but in the mural it seems to come out of his mouth so who knows - I think he's going to stay behind in the Norse world with Angrboda though and Kratos will leave his weapons behind and go out in to the world alone again

Oct 25, 2017
Tyr has hair though, this guy is bald.
One option could be that Mimir somehow regains his body only to die later, the mural with that dying character also just so happen to be broken where his horns would be if that's Mimir. The only thing which makes me kinda doubt the Mimir theory is that I'd expect the tattoos on his head to be depicted.

Mimir does make a comment that the dwarves were taking a lot of measurements and then left him on the floor after you get back from the mountain at the end of the first game.I just finished a replay today and my first thought is they might be building him a body?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Must have watched the Thor clips a dozen times and only just noticed Kratos doesn't have the Blades or Mimir and I think they are fighting on the Lake of The Nine based on the top of the building in the background (though I guess technically that building is in all the realms).