• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Since some people were afraid the game release date has been moved to 2023. All these games are releasing in the first half of 2022 too so take that as you well. This list is not inclusive list obviously since games like Horizon are not there.

Thanks to Angie for finding this.

Deleted member 44122

who was afraid the release was moved to 2023? it was just moved to 2022 very recently

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
There's "2022" written all over the official PS site and game pages, the 2023 delay discourse is total nonsense at the moment

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It almost feels like how some ppl were thinking Kena was getting a last minute delay...when Sony and the devs were posting info about it right before the recent major release info update.

For God of War...the initial logo reveal said 2021....so 2022 was a safe bet for launch. They just showed alot of never seen before gameplay.

For initial trailers...we saw alot more for God of War gameplay vs Horizon Forbidden West. We didnt see HFW gameplay until the State of Play for it.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Considering that the last trailer they showed for it and the amount of gameplay sections they've showed, I wouldn't be surprised if the game comes out next year.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Anyone who thought Ragnarok was getting pushed into 2023 is an absolute moron.

Not seeing Horizon Forbidden West anywhere in that image though. UH OH! Alarm bells.

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't some insider say that the game was close to complete and is in polish state a awhile back? Of course covid messed that up but I am not sure that would push the game to 2023 like some folks were saying.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking this would be moved to 2023 was insane. COVID delays are a think, but delaying it an entire 2 years would mean massive project mismanagement beyond covid imo.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
April '22?

Sony has shown they don't mind putting their releases close together, ala TLOU2 followed by Ghost just a month later. This could be a similar thing with Horizon (and GT7) and God of War.

That and Naughty Dog surely is launching their multiplayer title and the rumoured remake of The Last of Us next year to further pad out the Summer-Fall months. Maybe we'll see something from Mm as well, even if it's just a port of Dreams.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Different website.

PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.
Ah I see, still not seeing Horizon there and Little Devil Inside not having a release date makes me think this doesn't mean GOW releases in first half, but would love to be proven wrong.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I could easily see Spring/early Summer which would mark 4 years since previous game. It looked far along in the trailer, and it's a cross-gen game reusing the setting from the original, so it's not like they're building everything from the ground up.

Optmst

Apr 9, 2020
Sony announced GOW 2018 release date 3 months prior to release and it would not surprise me if game releases Q1 or early Q2 next year

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
April '22?

Sony has shown they don't mind putting their releases close together, ala TLOU2 followed by Ghost just a month later. This could be a similar thing with Horizon (and GT7) and God of War.

That and Naughty Dog surely is launching their multiplayer title and the rumoured remake of The Last of Us next year to further pad out the Summer-Fall months. Maybe we'll see something from Mm as well, even if it's just a port of Dreams.

Cory Barlog said "I don't even know how many years it will have taken when it releases" so I don't think an even 4 years is expected. The later half of 2022 is probably the target.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I don't trust a date until I see a given one. And even when those are given, it could be delayed again until we hear the game goes gold. Hope it's ready early next year though.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Cory Barlog said "I don't even know how many years it will have taken when it releases" so I don't think an even 4 years is expected. The later half of 2022 is probably the target.

Cory would have to say that to cover his ass as he wouldn't be allowed to even hint at a release window.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It could be, but I think realistically they don't see it releasing early in the year

It's anyone's guess, but keep in mind that the other 2 2021 games that got pushed to 2022 are releasing in the first half.

We shall have to wait and see but I'll keep my vote for April 2022 😃

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It's anyone's guess, but keep in mind that the other 2 2021 games that got pushed to 2022 are releasing in the first half.

We shall have to wait and see but I'll keep my vote for April 2022 😃

They also both started development sometime in 2017 whereas God of War: R started after April 2018, so I think it would need those extra months in 2022.

Honestly, with Horizon II, GT7, and Forspoken (which could be a May or June release) I think God of War: R will be saved for the Fall. The longer a game is worked on the better

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
My guess is May 2022.

Also Little Devil inside has gone from July 2021 to no date at all.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
That trailer was so extensive, no way it doesn't hit next year. That said I did also appreciate how little it gave us with respect to the story. I still feel like I'll be going into the game mostly blind, which is a great feeling.

Guinguin

alt account
Banned
Sep 2, 2021
I'm sticking with my June guess. Sony is letting third party games like CoD have the holidays.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm thinking June 2022 right now. But if they need more time, no big deal.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
no horizon....hmmm concerning

fine. /s

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
IMO it will come out April-May next year.

GoW2018 release date was announced in January for April release.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Their ambitious yet doable target BEFORE covid was most likely November-ish 2021. And with the delay I'm thinking anywhere from April-June 2022.