• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
EZA is saying it's the best-looking game this year based on the first three hours.

Damn, I won't be able to play this until the end of the year. I'll be out of the country for the entirety of November.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png

4K 40 fps is near perfect. Awesome.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
EZA is saying it's the best-looking game this year based on the first three hours.

Damn, I won't be able to play this until the end of the year. I'll be out of the country for the entirety of November.

Wow, HFW shocked me with some of its visuals. I'm super excited to see if this can beat it now.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Not stoked about the ultraviolence (the previous game was my GOTG and did not need any of that) but I'd be shocked if this does not end up being my GOTY.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
According to the Gamespot preview video, there's no quick turn anymore. I guess the down button on the dpad is for thor's hammer or some third weapon?

Edit: Nvm quickturn is still there according to other games media ppl

Last edited:

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I'm yet to see any mention of difficulty options. Is GMGOW still present, and if so, have they added or changed anything?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
According to the Gamespot preview video, there's no quick turn anymore. I guess the down button on the dpad is for thor's hammer or some third weapon?
It was only really useful for me during the Sigrun boss fight when she does a blinding attack, so I get why it is removed.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
A worthy challenger to Elden Ring. Can't freaking wait!

Oct 25, 2017
Vampire survivors goty seat getting hot from the sounds of these previews. Very hyped. An awesome month of gaming we're in the middle of.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

There is quick turn. You can even have two different ways to do a quick turn at the same time. You can do L1 + d-pad down and/or map quick turn to one of the touch pad shortcuts.

I'm yet to see any mention of difficulty options. Is GMGOW still present, and if so, have they added or changed anything?

There are 5 difficulty options available including Give Me God of War.

Sep 21, 2019
Man it looks so good, I closed the preview after like 2 minutes, why ruin anything for myself, obviously I'm going to buy it.

HOWEVER, I definitely can not take any preview discussing enemy variety seriously if they're only like 5 hours in. The variety problem did not show up until later. I'm optimistic it's better (less trolls!) but it seems like the previews alone aren't really in a position to say.

They said more variety in the first 5 hours than the entirety of the first game.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
There is quick turn. You can even have two different ways to do a quick turn at the same time. You can do L1 + d-pad down and/or map quick turn to one of the touch pad shortcuts.

There are 5 difficulty options available including Give Me God of War.

Ok that's interesting because in GoW PS4, it was just down on the dpad. I guess we're getting a third and fourth weapon for sure then because left & right switch btwn the axe and blades.

But, in GoW PS4, the triangle button can be used to quick select the axe. So strictly regulating the axe to the triangle button opens up use of the one of the dpad buttons.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely pre order games anymore. Has there been any pre order deals pop up in the US for this?

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
It was only really useful for me during the Sigrun boss fight when she does a blinding attack, so I get why it is removed.

Have a feeling it wasn't a really used mechanic by players in their playtests. Even I would forget about it sometimes when I played GOW2018.

I haven't been this hyped for a game since TLOU2!!!!

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Ok that's interesting because in GoW PS4, it was just down on the dpad. I guess we're getting a third and fourth weapon for sure then because left & right switch btwn the axe and blades.

But, in GoW PS4, the triangle button can be used to quick select the axe. So strictly regulating the axe to the triangle button opens up use of the one of the dpad buttons.
I remember it being L1+dpad down, but I was using a custom mapping, so it could vary.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Have a feeling it wasn't a really used mechanic by players in their playtests. Even I would forget about it sometimes when I played GOW2018.

I haven't been this hyped for a game since TLOU2!!!!
I personally use it all the time, especially now whenever I replay 2018. It's a really good way to quickly reposition yourself or face enemies that are behind you, without having to turn the camera manually with the right thumbstick. Thankfully, the notion that quick turn isn't in Ragnarok is false.