• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Disappointed it looks like more of an empty world, they showed what appeared to be a really good looking city with nobody in it

who exactly are they trying to save here there's like 5 people in the whole land

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not as big as a graphical jump like Horizon to Forbidden West, but it still looks absolutely amazing and will probably be my GOTY whenever this comes out. Looks like another grande adventure!

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Massive fan of the last game, but this trailer didn't do anything for me. I was expecting something like the original reveal of GOW 2018.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'll be honest. That looked a little bit like a DLC for the main game, not graphically but the game itself.

"Here's all the characters you met in the main game and all of them are going on an adventure with you". Felt odd.

But super hyped either way.

I mean, it'd be kind of weird if they didn't do exactly that given that it's a story continuation?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Same graphics same settings and locations, same stuff and even same graphics. Even the name has no taste while we expected smarter title.
This game won't get the wow factor the previous game got, cus its already had its moment with this formula.
And again, screw cross-gen.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man, I'm definitely excited but I can see the PS4 roots in this trailer already. Slow-ass boat and world-traversal sections and linear "made for HDD," level design is the worst part of the original game and they seem to be here as well.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little disappointed to be honest. It looks like exactly the same game as the last one...

I expected more. But I don't doubt that it'll still be fun as hell.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but that Atreus (new) voice acting sounds so bad. Maybe it was just for the trailer but wth lol

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
You could easily convince me that this is the trailer for an expansion to 2018's GoW, which is good news if you liked that one.

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
At work so can't watch yet. Did they announce a release year? Are we expecting 2022?

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Looks good and they showed a decent bit, so I assume it's not super far off. Q2 2022, maybe?

Had a bit of a chuckle when I saw the sledding. Looks exactly like the sledding in Gears 5. Or at least what I saw in the Gears trailers. 😅

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
It all looks like footage from the first hour or two. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a time skip early on that they try to keep hidden.

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
It unfortunately looks way to similar in every department to GOW PS4. Feels like an Assassin's Creed-type sequel. And without Cory, it will be nowhere near as good.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a ps4 game. Which is good. I just still don't know what the hell I bought a ps5 for.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Same graphics same settings and locations, same stuff and even same graphics. Even the name has no taste while we expected smarter title.
This game won't get the wow factor the previous game got, cus its already had its moment.

if you could condense the ResetEra experience into one post and bottle it this would be it

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Never played the PS4 God of War, but saw enough footage. Have to admit, I thought this was for a PS5 remaster first, the graphics didn't really look like much of a leap.

But then again, it's still got time in the oven and I bet it will improve. GoW on PS4 was a showcase, I'm sure this will jump up there

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I think the ufo poster behind Cory means he finally got to direct his SciFi game.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Man, no year on there is a bummer.

Looks great though. However long it takes for the team to deliver without crunching is worth it for me.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Who was the little girl at the end? Is she from Egypt? Or is it Calliope?

With so much emphasis placed on Tyr in the trailer, we really might be visiting other realms/mythologies. I thought they'd save that for a later entry or a new trilogy but I'm super excited.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little disappointed to be honest. It looks like exactly the same game as the last one...

I expected more. But I don't doubt that it'll still be fun as hell.

Same. I was hoping for a darker tone, and a decent time skip. Seems like Atreus is still a kid, and whining :(

I'm more curious on what setting will come after this

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing and of course Tyr is alive. I told myself that the whole time while playing the first game.