• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
So I watched a very short bit of the DF video in 4K on my LG OLED.

Holy fucking shit does this game look good.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty easy actually.

Which poster do you think is trolling in here? And i will tell you if you are right or wrong,

People who are promoting greatness of Ryse compared to GOW and those who are promoting the blasphemy that is pineapple on Pizza

"One must walk the edge of insanity to understand reality." -Kratos

Kratos has become wise with age

Assume everything's a shit post, trust no one.

Probably the best strategy

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for respecting our opinion on Ryse. The only reason Ryse is scoring lower than God of War is simply due to Marketing and Kratos is already recognizable. Give Ryse another chance. You'll see it got snubbed pretty hard.
ZLqd6_s-200x150.gif

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Greg hyped for this game truly says something. Having listened to him for a long time, he's never been a big fan of the series and ALWAYS makes fun of how angry Kratos is. Him saying its his GOTY so far (even if we're not that far) says a lot for me.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing Greg hyped for this game truly says something. Having listened to him for a long time, he's never been a big fan of the series and ALWAYS makes fun of how angry Kratos is. Him saying its his GOTY so far (even if we're not that far) says a lot for me.

Being Game of the Year after what's released so far really doesn't say much. How much did he like it? Many are saying it is one of the best this entire generation.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Ryse was actually awesome. I don't even have an XB1, but I got Ryse on steam. I know GOW is getting huge accolades as an established franchise, but honestly, I feel like the quality between Ryse and the current GOW aren't going to be anything beyond the hype.
You should play the older god of war games if you havent

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's not ryse to the bait here guys.

I miss the preview thread.

Ryse was actually awesome. I don't even have an XB1, but I got Ryse on steam. I know GOW is getting huge accolades as an established franchise, but honestly, I feel like the quality between Ryse and the current GOW aren't going to be anything beyond the hype.

In all seriousness, you're welcome to your opinion, but it will be in the minority, especially because 99% of the thread hasn't played the new GoW.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks brah, it's so exhausting, having to drive to unknown places is horrible.
Trust me, I know your struggle. I was unemployed for the last 3 moths before getting a job (I've been there for a month now). Despite wanting to throw in the towel and feeling lousy (and it is okay to have those negative feelings), just keep pushing. Your time will come.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed that Eurogamer gave it a Recommended badge instead of Essential. I won't read the review out of fear for spoilers so does anyone know what they didn't like about the game?

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get into a big debate over it but it's like this. I've come from the future and I can tell you God of War 2 is better than God of War in every way, but so is Ryse.

There are 5 things a game needs to be amazing.
Story
Graphics
Controls
End Game
Phil Spencer

Ryse has all 5 out of 7 of these. God of War is still missing one thing to make it just amazing.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Oh man, this thread makes me want to order a pineapple and bacon pizza. Kratos's favorite pizza, confirmed.

Also, I just now read (i.e. skimmed for potential spoilers) Klepek's review. I swear that man is one of the best journalism writers I have ever seen. Shame the braindead GB community had it out for him.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I don't want to get into a big debate over it but it's like this. I've come from the future and I can tell you God of War 2 is better than God of War in every way, but so is Ryse.

There are 5 things a game needs to be amazing.
Story
Graphics
Controls
End Game
Phil Spencer

Ryse has all 5 out of 7 of these. God of War is still missing one thing to make it just amazing.
Hmm feels like i should have studied math more

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding combat without going into spoiler territory: Can we use our environment and surroundings during combat? Like during TLOU combat?

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How hard Dreams floped? How many TLoU have Sony launched(includes God of War, Days Gone, Knack 3 etc)? How many films are in Death Stranding?

Death Stranding was a lie. After you get lifted all the way up by the demons it fades to black to the Konami Logo and you pull a pachinko lever revealing 3 Naked Snakes and the logo for MGS6. Then you're playing as Raiden's son who wears Snake's bandanna.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trust me, I know your struggle. I was unemployed for the last 3 moths before getting a job (I've been there for a month now). Despite wanting to throw in the towel and feeling lousy (and it is okay to have those negative feelings), just keep pushing. Your time will come.

I think I'm actually lucky I'm in a small country, can't imagine the frustration of finding work on the US where everything is so far far away =/

Status
Not open for further replies.