• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back to the topic.
Guys, I please to announce I beat the game. Just WoW. I made all in 'Give me a God of War' difficult. This is my GOTY period. Lets see if RDR2 get my attention.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on beating the game on hardest difficulty :D
My brother call me crazy for beating the game on the max difficulty, but the BOY made all the homework. He is so much powerful. Its hard to recommend for someone who just want enjoy the story, but for me the gameplay is there.
Now gonna see what else I can do. Hope they put a DLC fast.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No? Seems like a good reason to me. I'm not going to score a game I hate higher just because the community thinks it's the shit.
Its not how this works. I can't give a low game just because I hated the game. Professional need to be more professional. Its much more in the game. What the mensage you want to pass giving bad game high score and good games low? 'Hey, we need more SoT less content games', or 'Look, besides bugs/glitchs we need that'.
We gamers are more than that. Giving low scores for bad faith is stupidly wrong. Without that, we're just fake metacritic accounts giving zero for every game we don't like.

Oct 25, 2017
Its not how this works. I can't give a low game just because I hated the game. Professional need to be more professional. Its much more in the game. What the mensage you want to pass giving bad game high score and good games low? 'Hey, we need more SoT less content games', or 'Look, besides bugs/glitchs we need that'.
We gamers are more than that. Giving low scores for bad faith is stupidly wrong.
Wait, what in the world? If you hate a game, review it as a game you didn't like. Professional doesn't mean removing yourself from your own thoughts. Be yourself. Unless Im really misinterpreting what you're saying, because that sounds next level bonkers to let a community influence your review in any way.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what in the world? If you hate a game, review it as a game you didn't like. Professional doesn't mean removing yourself from your own thoughts. Be yourself. Unless Im really misinterpreting what you're saying, because that sounds next level bonkers to let a community influence your review in any way.
Lol? Are you kidding right? You're saying I need to ignore every f@#"# quality of a game and just gave him a lower score because I hated? Stop comparing gamer with a reviewer. People are putting your lifes to make a extraordinary games, just for all that good be ignore because of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol? Are you kidding right? You're saying I need to ignore every f@#"# quality of a game and just gave him a lower score because I hated? Stop comparing gamer with a reviewer. People are putting your lifes to make a extraordinary game, just for all that good be ignore because of that.
lol, I didn't realize you were joking until you mentioned that people were putting their lives on the line for it

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ignore all the hard work. Devs don't need that.
Lets move on shall we?
Oh, that's what you meant?

Your work means SHIT if you put out a turd. If you make a shitty game, even if you dedicated your entire life to it, that does not matter. You are judged on the quality of the product you put out, not how tough it was for you to make it. If you made a shit game, it is shit, no matter how much was sacrificed, how much money was spent, how bad your hours were. I don't know why anyone should take someone's feelings into account when they review a game. You're reviewing a game, not a development team's journey.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I'm currently playing the game but not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I'm not a big fan of the over the shoulder view. I don't know. The game just feels a bit too rigid in movement for me. Not a direct comparison but movement in the last Tomb Raider games and Assassins Creed Origins [last few games I played] seems much better.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I don't see why your review would be worth any less, there might be someone out there that finds your review more informative than Edge's, or who finds it speaks to them more. Edge is just made up of gamers with certain preferences. Unless we're saying journos are somehow more credible because...?

Why not? If your review is well-written, then it should hold the same weight. The quality of the writing matters more than the name of the site. For me, an impression here, some blog review, a Steam Review post, a major site are all on the same footing; how well-written the review is, is what separates them.

Well, my review would and should have less worth, because of all those reasons I mentioned. Now if, over time, my reviews gain traction and prove to be reliable and are respected by the general public, then their weighting will (or should) naturally be increased by Metacritic.

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
I think we as a community should write a strongly worded letter to those attention seeking sites, this is completely unacceptable behaviour from them. Who do they think they are?

Completely agree.

Websites like Cubed3, Gamecritics, Riot Pixels or Quarter to Three shouldn't be allowed on score aggregators like MC and OC.Their only goal is to get views

So, if you wanna do something about it, count me in.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand where all these 8's are coming from all of a sudden, like how is this game an 8? What are you playing thats better or deserving of a 9-9.5 on your scale? I really wanna know.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
I guess now that the metacritic has dropped by 2 points from its all time high, itsi invalidated every second of enjoyment you got from the game. Better return it and never look back.

Every outlet big or small is entitled to their opinion. God Of War does some things well but it does have flaws and design concessions that can negatively affect the experience. Don't slam some review outlets who gave a score which is essentially 80%. That's still great.

The current gaming narrative of 9 or bust needs to go away. Every game can't be a 9-10. Even if it's 8 or lower if you enjoy the game, nothing can change that.

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
For me is a 10/10, or 9.5 if i wanna be picky

It's a game that ticks all the boxes

Amazing graphics, great level-design, good story, amazing writing, fantastic and deep combat/mechanics, likable characters, rewarding exploration.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I would give it a 8.5, but then again my favorite games this gen are only 9/10(Bloodborne and Withcer 3) so maybe I'm a little harsh.

Oct 26, 2017
For me is a 10/10, or 9.5 if i wanna be picky

It's a game that ticks all the boxes

Amazing graphics, great level-design, good story, amazing writing, fantastic and deep combat/mechanics, likable characters, rewarding exploration.

Fine, for me is a 9 game, but you don't have to attack outlets only because they gave a low scores according to you.
Every website is allowed to review a game and be on Metacritic, not only the reviewers with the shiny 10 all over the place.
And at the end of the story, MC is only a number, if you liked the game, who cares about reviews?

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Fine, for me is a 9 game, but you don't have to attack outlets only because they gave a low scores according to you.
Every website is allowed to review a game and be on Metacritic, not only the reviewers with the shiny 10 all over the place.
And at the end of the story, MC is only a number, if you liked the game, who cares about reviews?

Alright but why is it always happening with the last reviews that you get all the 8s and lower scores?

It seems like they see all of the amazing reception the game has so they take this "critical" take, coming from a post hype perspective.

I feel like if those guys would review the game blind just like the rest of the outlets, without expecting much, their scores would be different and much closer to the consensus.

Gwynbleidd17

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand where all these 8's are coming from all of a sudden
Alright but why is it always happening with the last reviews that you get all the 8s and lower scores?
Pretty much all of the 8s came out before the game's release. 6 of them.

Twinfinite
Digital Spy
Daily Dot
New Game Network
Stevivor
The Sixth Axis

Gamekult was the harshest critic on metacritic. They made EDGE look generous. Though they are not counted anymore. Their highest score ever is a 9 and they awarded it an 8 too.

Cubed3 isnt added yet. Maybe they are not counted anymore?

Oct 26, 2017

It seems like they see all of the amazing reception the game has so they take this "critical" take, coming from a post hype perspective.

I feel like if those guys would review the game blind just like the rest of the outlets, without expecting much, their scores would be different and much closer to the consensus.

EDGE gave an 8 and it was a late review, i think people should read the review more than looking at the number itself.
Of course some reviews can give a low score in purpose, some outlets are always way below average in every game, but it's their personal opinion and even if they are impacting the MC score, does it really matter for me or for you?
Are we playing/enjoying games or looking at numbers?

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Whatever reviews say the game does have issues. The combat gets very similar had does enemies placements , it can feel dragged out in parts and I don't feel its anywhere near as good as the 1st game on the PS2; The action felt better, faster and I really miss The chains of Olympus combat system.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Whatever reviews say the game does have issues. The combat gets very similar had does enemies placements , it can feel dragged out in parts and I don't feel its anywhere near as good as the 1st game on the PS2; The action felt better, faster and I really miss The chains of Olympus combat system.

You are probably playing the game wrong then.
GOW is faster than 1-3 due to AOE runic ability spammage.
It doens't drag out at all. You can kill all the boss that isn't a God/Valk in 10 second flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.