• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Uncharted's more like walk walk walk, drive a jeep, spot some ruins, latch onto a tree, swing into a group of enemies in slow motion, shoot a barrel, slide down a hill, jump onto an enemy, start my ascent into the ruins, climb climb climb, get to the top, spot some treasure, solve a puzzle. See I can do it to.

lol!

Good answer.

BTW Rndom, there is a very loud vocal minority that is trashing BOTW just like you are doing with UC4 right now, they claim that all the things that you described as exciting in BOTW are boring AF, what do you know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted's more like walk walk walk, drive a jeep, spot some ruins, latch onto a tree, swing into a group of enemies in slow motion, shoot a barrel, slide down a hill, jump onto an enemy, start my ascent into the ruins, climb climb climb, get to the top, spot some treasure, solve a puzzle. See I can do it to.
Man this Uncharted game sounds awesome. I want to play it...

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017

You can. You go ahead and enjoy Uncharted and I'll go ahead and enjoy BotW.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Why are people discussing BOTW and Uncharted in a GOW review thread?

PS : We all know GOW is much better than both :P

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people discussing BOTW and Uncharted in a GOW review thread?

PS : We all know GOW is much better than both :P

I've played Uncharted 4 and GOW (got the platinum), and currently playing BOTW.

I seem to like GOW more though because the game isn't overwhelming, it's different, and the world is very immersive and the characters are fun and exciting.

Though it might change once I get more into BOTW.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It was an empty open world game with the most interesting thing in it being card games and horseshoes. The only content it did have was going from mission to mission on a horse, listening to that painful Houser writing between characters. Not to mention the missions themselves were never any different than basic gunfights, when they weren't other riveting activities like herding that is. It's one of the worst open world games I've ever played, even worse than GTA IV.

Not every open world game needs hundreds of side quests and collectibles.

(case in point, Shadow of the Colossus)

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Thanks for the tips. Is there any way to know just how far can a new armor be upgraded?

Don't want to craft one only to find out it's close to max.
General rule of thumb is purples max out at 7. And yellow is 8. Blue is 6 Green is 4. That means if a purple is entry at lvl 6. Then the next upgrade is 6+ and the third is 7. If a yellow is lvl 6. It goes 6,7,8 there is no 6+ for yellows since it's allowed to reach 8. I think blues max at 6. So again it would be 5, 5+ then 6 with a blue.

For the record to get to 9 you need all armors and pommels at yellow 8 and sockets to be 7....with a talisman at 8. Not sure if sockets on talisman is mandatory. Bc you can get to about 9 1/3 total or so on your gear level.

Also know some yellow armor upgrades are harder to max 8 than fully maxing a blue or purple. The resources for yellow usually require an a optional side quest reward or side boss/trial.

Oct 27, 2017
General rule of thumb is purples max out at 7. And yellow is 8. Blue is 6 Green is 4. That means if a purple is entry at lvl 6. Then the next upgrade is 6+ and the third is 7. If a yellow is lvl 6. It goes 6,7,8 there is no 6+ for yellows since it's allowed to reach 8. I think blues max at 6. So again it would be 5, 5+ then 6 with a blue.

For the record to get to 9 you need all armors and pommels at yellow 8 and sockets to be 7....with a talisman at 8. Not sure if sockets on talisman is mandatory. Bc you can get to about 9 1/3 total or so on your gear level.

Also know some yellow armor upgrades are harder to max 8 than fully maxing a blue or purple. The resources for yellow usually require an a optional side quest reward or side boss/trial.

This is very informative, thank you!

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I've played Uncharted 4 and GOW (got the platinum), and currently playing BOTW.

I seem to like GOW more though because the game isn't overwhelming, it's different, and the world is very immersive and the characters are fun and exciting.

Though it might change once I get more into BOTW.

If you are playing BOTW for anything apart from the joy of its level design you will be disappointed. Its combat is fairly shallow as is its encounter variety, enemy design, encounter design etc.. . On the other hand while GOW smacks it mechanically , it is no where close in the puzzle/level design department. It all depends on what you prefer.

Gurish

Banned
Mar 20, 2018

Thanks a lot man! Very helpful info.

Back to 95? Very doubtful

The goal now is 95 at OC and 94 at MC

Indeed, the 95 on MC dream is dead people, you should just hope it will stay at 94. It's not as obvious as you might think.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
What are some of your grapes with the combat out of curiosity?

I havent opened up enough of the skill tree, so I feel like I havent seen the variety that ive heard a lot about. That's why I'm keeping an open mind about it! I think the camera is really finicky and the over the shoulder view doesn't really suite it that well. I'm probably in the minority though :-/

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I havent opened up enough of the skill tree, so I feel like I havent seen the variety that ive heard a lot about. That's why I'm keeping an open mind about it! I think the camera is really finicky and the over the shoulder view doesn't really suite it that well. I'm probably in the minority though :-/

You are probably just a few hours in I suppose?

Just give it time, there is a lot of depth. And once you master the combat wow... it becomes so much fun.

Also, use the Witch Time rune!

Last edited:

Gwynbleidd17

Oct 28, 2017
You get used to the OTS camera but its implementation has alot of room for improvement when you factor in the small arenas and the number of enemies the game throws at you at once.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread is on 418 pages...i went on Neogaf to compare and literally LOL'd.

94 is incredibly good, nobody would be disappointed with that

Gurish

Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Only less than 7s will drop to 93. Those too a handful. Don't see that happening.

It'll be either 94 or 95.

93 is very unlikely

Let's hope so, luckily there aren't any major publishers left that can have a massive impact like EDGE did.

This thread is on 418 pages...i went on Neogaf to compare and literally LOL'd.

94 is incredibly good, nobody would be disappointed with that

The old place look like Rapture after it collapsed, merely only a shadow of its former self.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
You get used to the OTS camera but its implementation has alot of room for improvement when you factor in the small arenas and the number of enemies the game throws at you at once.

This is for sure part of it. I mean the quick 180 and signal of incoming attacks helps, but it'll take some time.

You are probably just a few hours in I suppose?

Just give it time, there is a lot of depth. And once you master the combat wow... it becomes so much fun.

Also, use the Witch Time rune!

Yeah I am still pretty early and I will. Thanks for the advice on the rune.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe UC4 got that many.
I guess some people love games where you aren't actually playing, and that's fine. UC4 is enjoyable and all, but I think time will be pretty unkind to it. I'm playing through UC4 for the first time and the only thing I can say is that I hope this isn't indicative of where Druckmann is taking TLOU2. Gameplay first, please. Meaningful gameplay.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I guess some people love games where you aren't actually playing, and that's fine. UC4 is enjoyable and all, but I think time will be pretty unkind to it. I'm playing through UC4 for the first time and the only thing I can say is that I hope this isn't indicative of where Druckmann is taking TLOU2. Gameplay first, please. Meaningful gameplay.

UC4 problem has nothing to do with Neil Druckmann more with the troubled development. At the begining a gameplay system was added for platforming but it was breaking the pacing and it was not an Uncharted anymore when Neil and Bruce comes they use the same automated patforming of old Uncharted game and they did not have the time to redo all the level to reduce the number of platforming...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
UC4 problem has nothing to do with Neil Druckmann more with the troubled development. At the begining a gameplay system was added for platforming but it was breaking the pacing and it was not an Uncharted anymore when Neil and Bruce comes they use the same automated patforming of old Uncharted game and they did not have the time to redo all the level to reduce the number of platforming...
That's interesting. I think I had read something like that before, guess I forgot. There are still so many non-interactive or pseudo-interactive sequences in this game, platforming aside, more than any Uncharted game before it, or TLOU for that matter. I've been playing for three~four hours so far and only now am I getting to actually putting my brain cells to use. It's mostly been just walking, and talking, and cut-scenes. The pacing has been terrible.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
That's interesting. I think I had read something like that before, guess I forgot. There are still so many non-interactive or pseudo-interactive sequences in this game, platforming aside, more than any Uncharted game before it, or TLOU for that matter. I've been playing for three~four hours so far and only now am I getting to actually putting my brain cells to use. It's mostly been just walking, and talking, and cut-scenes. The pacing has been terrible.

On GDC presentation they said they were aware of the problem of pacing during development but they needed to ship the game.. But they said too thet they never release the perfect game, the game they dream to do... Another interesting presentation, is the Horizon Zero Dawn they were aware of the difference of quality between Robot combat and human combat but at the beginning the idea was to have much less human combat but they began to add more and more human combat needed by the story and they did not have time to improve it before release. Thet said they will improve human combat in sequel...

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
What I hope SMS improve upon most in the sequel is the cinematography. Key dramatic moments were let down by some drab photography. The killing of the deer and
Kratos revealing he's a god in that poorly lit cave
are two notable moments.

Edit: You know what's interesting? The deer scene was actually downgraded in that sense. Compare the deer scene in the game to the deer scene at E3.

I guess using the same location in the full game wasn't feasible. Bummer.

edit: err, wrong thread.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The fact it beat games like OW out for game of the year on the old site still blows my mind.

Gwynbleidd17

Oct 28, 2017
Completely agree.

Websites like Cubed3, Gamecritics, Riot Pixels or Quarter to Three shouldn't be allowed on score aggregators like MC and OC.Their only goal is to get views

So, if you wanna do something about it, count me in.
If the review is well written and backed up by strong arguments why can't they feel differently about a game others loved? Couple of critics you mentioned have really well written reviews.

Worth mentioning that Game Critics 7.5 is 'Recommended'. A 3/5 from Quarter to Three is a game that the reviewer 'liked'. An 8 is a great game for most people and viewed as 'review bombing' only by the vocal minority on forums.

I just don't understand the thinking behind posts like these. I feel the anger is misdirected. You should be doing something about the influence of review aggregate websites rather than the websites/magazines that they choose to publish. You think a bunch of people sending them Metacritic emails about getting websites delisted will work? Why would they greenlight them in the first place then? Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.