• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Riot Pixels gave it a 95. At least that will help a little when it gets added. They were one of the ones I was worried were going to score it low.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think we have a bunch of 95-100s inc then (I very much doubt the PSOMs are going to go under 95)... The last real unknown being Quarter to three, but they don't seem to be doing video game reviews too often anymore...

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Oh wow, Riot Pixels gave it a 95. Nice.

So seems GameCritics 75 is the lowest on Meta. 75 isn't that bad a score either.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand exactly why the 95 MC dream is over. I mean, it's only 4 spaces away from 95. I don't really care too much either way personally, but it would be nice for the dev team I reckon.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Still has PlayStation Official Magazine UK and AU,so I am expecting 2 100.
Other magazines:
Level.cz (next issue #285)
Game Master Magazine UK
Pelit.fi
CD-Action
Games(TM)
Sites:
LaPS4
PlayStation Country
IBTimes.uk
Riot Pixels
Darkzero
Toronto Sun
Let's play videogames
Apptrigger
Gamegrin

Are there any other major reviews left that's not already included into metacritic?

Riot Pixels 95

Last edited:

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is absolutely incredible so far. I honestly was not expecting this. I actually find kratos a compelling character here. Sony first party is just hitting on all cylinders recently. It deserves the critical consensus.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
This game's in an awkward situation - since a lot of gaming magazines do integer/10 - unless the magazines are giving 10s, they're going to lower the average. Given how hard it is for a game to get a metascore even above 90, this is a feat.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Still think it a fantastic journey & a brilliant game. Releasing it on 420 was a masterful stroke.
Ja Bless.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread still active? Haha. Craziness.

OT: Just wrapped up my playthrough and managed to snag the platinum. Was really impressed with the creativity on display with the art direction. They really knocked it out of the park on that front. Was a bit disappointed with how small some of the other realms were. Specifically Alfheim I feel had a lot of room for more development, story and explorable areas with lore or background info especially with that little tease about how they made a mistake there at the end of the story beat. Helheim was great albeit the level design I felt flowed a lot less organically than most other areas. That one area just being a set of trials was a major bummer. There was a lot of room to have fun there with some of the mythology. I feel like they could've done a lot more there. The writing was genuinely fantastic and the little touches went a long way into selling the characters.

Overall I was really impressed with the game as a first entry and a reimagining of sorts but I do see a lot of room for growth and improvement in the inevitable follow up. Mainly just fleshing out the realms and storylines behind them and expanding on each as its own unique play environment with more exploration. I think I'd end up giving the game a 9 out of 10 overall. Congrats to the team in Santa Monica on making such a fantastic game and reinvigorating an established IP.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I'm shocked that I'm saying this about a game I dismissed so much before launch but this game deserves its praise. What a fantastic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.