• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spoiler for the fight in that video, it's a gif.

27505356868_3c3ca911f0_o.gif
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

OMG...this looks fucking amazing!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I was surprised that the axe can't be imbued with other powers other than ice. Look at Atreus bows, they can be fire,lightning, mistletoe.
wolves
, etc...

Btw, Atreus has a purse too hanging from his belt. Do we know what is it for?

Last edited:

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, the fight actually lived up to the hype and looks like an amazing showcase of two gods having a brawl. By the end, the stranger's shinguards are all but gone.

Speaking of, I liked his drunk-like demeanor and the general taunting but also the disappointment that Kratos wasn't "the one".

All the commotion before he knocks on the door, are we supposed to infer he arrives by dragon or that he has a different form, or something?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I can't quite make out what it says, and some of those runes look like they aren't part of the futhark. Hmm.. I'll see if I can find any better shots of the horn.

Thanks. Can you please try to translate most of the tattoos from the stranger? I am sure they are story related and we won't have any chance to see them officially translated any time soon, unless a fan that knows the language can do it.
The only obvious word I could read was the read word on his back saying; "CURSED".

You translated some of the words on his chest previously.

We got those translations previously: https://www.dualshockers.com/ps4-ex...s-a-tattoo-summoning-strength-speed-and-luck/

And this translation from the old forums: http://i.imgur.com/tiRJ0N1.jpg

That sign says, according to a lot of Googling:

ENDRBVA

"ENDR" is "again", or "formally".
"BVA" I can't find, but I think I can see another letter beyond the "A".

The only BVA I can find seems to be something to do with a blood drink, but I can only find it in one instance.

EDIT:

BUA is "To Live". V and U can vary according to dialect.

So "TO LIVE AGAIN".

We got another translation from the doorway of the E3 2016 demo: https://imgur.com/DwzKyfX

But in the final game, scriptures seem to have been changed. Can you read what they say now?

Thanks in advance.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
so what can we piece together from the info so far

like, what's the explanation for Kratos being in norse land?

I've got no skin in the game apart from loving to be spoiled big time

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
so what can we piece together from the info so far

like, what's the explanation for Kratos being in norse land?

I've got no skin in the game apart from loving to be spoiled big time

I think there is a comic coming before the launch day or on launch day from what I read in reddit that will explain the time skip since the end of GOW3. They can't do this in one cut in this game sadly.
All I can say is that Kratos didn't die at the end of GOW3 and that he found out he is immortal and doomed to walk the earth for eternity and if he doesn't want to go insane, he needs to change. He landed in Norse lands somehow, met his wife somehow. She gave him the axe. They got their son and since that moment he covered his chain scars with bandages to hide the truth from his son (this is from sand panel).

Last edited:

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
I think there is a comic coming before the launch day or on launch day from what I read in reddit that will explain the time skip sicne the end of GOW3. They can't do this in one cut in this game sadly.
All I can say is that Kratos didn't die at the end of GOW3 and that he found out he is immortal and doomed to walk the earth for eternity and he doesn't want to go insane he needs to change.

Fair enough :\

I was hoping he'd find the Holiday Doors from Nightmare Before Christmas but they're for classic religions

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Jesus guys i cant wait to be finally able to talk with you :D

I am not sure I could handle this hype if I didnt play the game. Ya crazy.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yes please (On knowing the trophies). I hope there isn't any trophies tied to the difficulties, and if so I hope its just for the 'Hard' difficulty and not the even harder one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus guys i cant wait to be finally able to talk with you :D

I am not sure I could handle this hype if I didnt play the game. Ya crazy.

You are from the press and got a review copy or someone who got it from the store?

Yes please (On knowing the trophies). I hope there isn't any trophies tied to the difficulties, and if so I hope its just for the 'Hard' difficulty and not the even harder one.

I am afraid this may have difficulty tied trophies and even for the highest mode, otherwise this would end up being an easy Platinum like The Order 1886.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Press. There was some kind of store leak? :O

I can garante you that store leak is real.... the videogame store I use to work got their copies yesterday..... the owner is having a really hard time for temptation.... he never break street date for himelf, I remember he did took a copy for himself when heavy rain on ps3 came out, but he got regret because he had to keep the secret during all this time lol. He said never again, it's hard to play a game then not be able to talk about it haha.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I am afraid this may have difficulty tied trophies and even for the highest mode, otherwise this would end up being an easy Platinum like The Order 1886.
With the amount of collectibles I've seen in this game based on the leaked map, I can easily see the Platinum taking 50-60 hours (without guidance) even without of any difficulty related trophies. They'll also probably be trophies specifically for killing all the optional bosses and such, just 100%ing the game pretty much. I personally liked Horizon's trophy set which didn't include any difficulty related trophies.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Cory repeats that the review is fake.
Probably the guy has this leaked stuff (we don't know the real source, but some of the leaked stuff was around after the press tour) and he wrote an article based on this.
In the article he talks only about the dragon, the stranger, the Elves.. and (coincidence!) he posted only videos of these things. No mention on other bosses or sections. We have a picture of skill tree with only the axe, and he's saying no more weapons.

In the preview thread there are reviewers saying that this game has surprises like a Kojima game, or Nier Automata.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Cory repeats that the review is fake.
Probably the guy has this leaked stuff (we don't know the real source, but some of the leaked stuff was around after the press tour) and he wrote an article based on this.
In the article he talks only about the dragon, the stranger, the Elves.. and (coincidence!) he posted only video about these things. No mention on other bosses or sections. We have a picture of skill tree with only the axe, and he's saying no more weapons.

In the preview thread there are reviewers saying that this game has surprises like a Kojima game, or Nier Automata.

His review isn't fake even if it's poorly written.

He provided new footage for the game including it's opening that wans't posted anywhere else before with him talking and playing it and also with his watermark. The opening and the Stranger Fight videos are 100% his.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

He provided new footage for the game including it's opening that wans't posted anywhere else before with him talking and playing it and also with his watermark. The opening and the Stranger Fight videos are 100% his.

What if this was just the preview build many played weeks ago and that the final game will have a different intro and different screen menu, Who knows.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017

Yes but he posted only the Stranger video and in the previous article he talked about this and the intro. No mentions of others things. Same with the dragon.
We don't know the source of the leaked videos. Probably it was always him, the same person, since the beginning. After the press tour there was a Stranger gif floating on the web.
I will believe him when he will post some advanced boss, the ending or something not written in the article that nobody knows.

Now, i can''t believe him. I trust the press reviewers, Cory and SSM.

Last edited:

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Morons keep linking that review to the game director, smh -_-

Exactly, something really immature. Like so what if the review is real...that's the dudes experience with GoW.

It's like they want reassurance that this.game can't review without criticisms. Some people's own hype for this game will be the reason they won't enjoy this game. Book it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yes but he posted only the Stranger video and in the previous article he talked about this and the intro. No mentions of others things. Same with the dragon.
We don't know the source of the leaked videos. Probably it was always him, the same person, from the beginning. After the press tour there was a Stranger gif floating on the web.
I will believe him when he will post some advanced boss, the ending or something not written in the article that nobody knows.

Now, i can''t believe him. I trust the press reviewers, Cory and SSM.

Since it is not a reviewer that abides to the embargo law and merely a player like us but who got the retail version so early, the only way he can prove this is by a photograph of the retail version he got with a with his name written on a tag over it like many do to prove they have something. I don't see this happening though.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I think he may have an actual early copy and took that footage but wrote a hasty review without having played more than a few hours just to have it online before anybody else and get a couple days of internet attention. I haven't read the review and wouldn't believe a lot of it.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
No, he also posted the opening with him talking over it as he plays and the game's main menu and difficulty settings.

I know but I don't change my theory, this is not a solid proof.
He could be the source of the leaks since the beginning and he could have a preview build /not complete build. The article is too suspicious if we read the content and the details, and there are too many official words saying that the info are false (not the subjective opinions on the game, they could be legit, they are saying wrong details).
Yesterday the italian reviewer too posted in the italian forum, confirming that the article is completely fake.

We'll see, It's only my feeling, I don't want to impose it as truth! ;)