• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question but aren't these ads printed and in stores too? Might explain why,

Yes, this is the print version, and it says, 'Early 2018'.

DTvxzJlVMAM_GvC.jpg:large

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The handling of the release date for this game is hilarious. Everything points not only to March, but specifically March 22nd. I was at PSX and it seemed like he didn't announce it then simply because of the leak earlier that day.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the hate for the kid, do people hate characters like Clementine and Ellie just as much?

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Remember that Ascension Super Bowl ad? Maybe they have an ad ready to go with the release date and they're waiting for the Super Bowl?

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
These collector's editions just make me laugh now. 'Stone Mason Edition'... and of course there's your statue, who isn't excited for more statues

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Very true but if the release date were to be announced tomorrow, would they reprint all the ads?

Likely not as I'd wager other advertising materials would be on the way like a window advert. I guess my point is that if the ad is print too then it was likely finalized and shipped out last week/beginning of the week so they couldn't put a date given we don't have one yet.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Exclusive armor sets to the collector's edition? Damn,I don't like these tactics.

Also for the first time,I smell God of War DLC incoming.It's like the new game direction wanted to set grounds for season passes.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's steelbook edition separate from this one. I love steelbooks but I'm not dropping $150 just for that.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I only want the steelbook. Hope they LE edition with only the steelbook and DLCs. Maybe throw in the map there too.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Man that steel book looks great.

I think Sony might do a huge God of War Superbowl commercial and reveal the release date on it.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Clementine and Ellie weren't part of established franchises that were style action hack and slash games one or two games ago (don't know how Ascension was).

Then people should aim their hatred towards the change of direction instead of the kid.
I take it some are, but what I've seen most is just a bunch of people jumping to conclusions based on pretty much no footage.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the hate for the kid, do people hate characters like Clementine and Ellie just as much?

No, Clementine and Ellie are very popular and celebrated characters.

So far the kid has come off as annoying at worst and unwanted at best to some of us, only the final game will convince us naysayers if it was worth including him.

Rapon Tran

Nov 8, 2017
it is place holder because Sony maybe didn't allow them to put the official date yet.
Tidux twitter account also said 22nd March.
NADZ Project store in Thailand [a retailer co w PlayStation Thailand] put the exact date is 22nd March.
My friend at PlayStation Vietnam also said March.
Leak news that PSN Store also put the date in 22nd March.
Many retailers in Vietnam also had been announce about this CE and will very soon.
Game informer also put a lot of news and the last cover for GOW is the end of this month, it is mean GOW is gonna release very soon.
So I believe 22nd March is the official date for GOW IMO.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have the feeling it will indeed be March 22th. They are only waiting for the right moment to reveal it and I guess that will coincide with a big media/information blowout of the game. (We know so little of the game so far...) Maybe in the final Gameinformer piece?
It seems as if they are really confident that they'll positively surprise everyone and that they have a big hit on their hands with this game. That's my only explanation for such a bold and curious marketing strategy...