• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Regret Truth

Oct 28, 2017
The hype for this game really shows gameplay does not really matter as long as the graphics are good, story is decent and the cutscenes are very well choreographed then people will shout " its GOAT". This game is the problem with AAA games these days, shallow gameplay and huge budget for graphics and cutscenes.

"..shallow gameplay"

Lol, what a reckless post.

The gameplay(combat) was incredible.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
User Banned (1 week): Trolling, hostility, and antagonizing users over a series of posts
What is truly sad is going to a thank you thread from the developers to the fans to shit on a game you didn't like. Of all the GoW threads you had to choose this one. Really quality posting from you.
So saying the game is not GOAT and has a lot of problems is shit posting now? WOW, why so sensitive.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Well you know this is a forum where people are SUPPOSE to discuss their opinion about video games, but it is very apparent that if you do not have the same opinion as this echo chamber then all you get is man babies either insulting your post or sarcastic remarks, it is truly sad.
No, your posts are absolutely condescending that's why you're being ragged. It's a celebrating thread and you're coming in here acting like people only appreciate the game because of Story and Presentation completely undermining the efforts of the Developers when it comes to game play which by all accounts by a huge majority of reviewers and gamer out there was incredible. Your posts are at the bottom of the barrel when you resort to claiming echo chamber.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hype for this game really shows gameplay does not really matter as long as the graphics are good, story is decent and the cutscenes are very well choreographed then people will shout " its GOAT". This game is the problem with AAA games these days, shallow gameplay and huge budget for graphics and cutscenes.

The graphics are not even the top of the line. Only someone who came from less capable devices would say that. It's really not at the top of graphics for Sony exclusives.

The story is decent but the characters connected with a lot of people, as seen from the video.

Over 54% of people who played the game saw the ending. That is super rare for a 3rd person action game. You telling me millions of people suffered through shallow play for over 20+ hrs just to see the ending?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
So saying the game is not GOAT and has a lot of problems is shit posting now? WOW, why so sensitive.

ricky gervais had a perfect anecdotes to this type of behavior of yours and i paraphrase: "It's one thing to not liking my type of humor. I get that, not everything is for everyone. And you are more than entitle to share your opinions among others. However, to purposely click on my twitter just so that you can comment on a tweet that you knew that you are going to dislike....what kind of fucking idiot do that? It's like rubbing pepper on your eyes just so that you can complain it's hot."

So yes, it's entirely within your freedom to come to a GoW thank you thread and shit on it but pardon us when we call out the idiosyncrasies of yours.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
ricky gervais had a perfect anecdotes to this type of behavior of yours and i paraphrase: "It's one thing to not liking my type of humor. I get that, not everything is for everyone. And you are more than entitle to share your opinions among others. However, to purposely click on my twitter just so that you can comment on a tweet that you knew that you are going to dislike....what kind of fucking idiot do that? It's like rubbing pepper on your eyes just so that you can complain it's hot."

So yes, it's entirely within your freedom to come to a GoW thank you thread and shit on it but pardon us when we call out the idiosyncrasies of yours.
What kind of fucking idiot acts like a baby when another person has a different opinion?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not really sure "sensitive" an accurate description of people who are responding to dumb hostile antagonism and churlish playground banter.

Sure, the shallow gameplay. If you're interested in learning how you're wrong, that channel I linked has all the content you'll need.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
What kind of fucking idiot acts like a baby when another person has a different opinion?

why are you so 'emotional driven' by coming to a thread of a game that you were meh about and when people 'had an opinion differs from yours', get so erm........emotional driven? (unless i am reading it wrong from your replies).

I mean.........i'm just trying to understand your intention here. What is it you want to get out of this thread. By turning people's opinions towards yours?

If your intention is to 'speak my opinion', then knock yourself out.........but then like i said from Ricky Gervais's quote: "It's like rubbing pepper on your eyes just so that you can complain it's hot."

It's an opinion, alright. But i don't understand whether this is really how you want to spend your time.

If you have another 10+ replies on complaining about the complaining and if this is how you wanna spent your time here..........hey, it's your time, mate. Not mine. Knock yourself out.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For real in your 50 some odd posts on this forum you're already in the running for the worst post history

Maybe don't come into a "thank you, fans of God of War, for supporting our objectively overwhelmingly acclaimed, top 5% of all reviewed games on Metacritic and OpenCritic, hugely successful multi-million selling title that almost everyone loves" thread to shit post about how your shrinkingly rare minority opinion that the game was pants is worth even one molecule of shit

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I may or may not read every God of War thread that passes the front page here and all the support (and critique) is great to see.

Thanks everyone :)

Thanks to the Santa Monica team for pulling off an incredible feat of a reimagining.

Now that God of War is a year out though, and you have hindsight on your side, and despite its success, how do you feel about the fact that God of War should have been a, Free to Play, Battle Royale game? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The video is almost at 700k views already wow

This game really resonated with people!

I think this is the most important Sony game since TLOU back in 2013

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Sony Santa Monica and Cory for making what I consider to be the game of this console generation. I have not had a game resonate with me like God of War in a long time.

Vroadstar

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Considering how his gifs are extremely edited "Bullshots" par excellence, he would fit perfectly into a PR position. For sure.

Sad that this is only way to get noticed from people, media and even publisher/developers, with beautified gifs which doesn't reflects the real game at all. So yeah, the industry loves him, cause when they do this, everyone screams "downgrade", "fake", or "lies". But he gets celebrated for his Bullshots.

I kinda respect the effort behind it (up to the point where he got games for free from publisher) but I'm also sad that someone like me who used to post 100% raw gifs, with picture perfect quality and unedited as well as hundreds and hundreds of fantastic looking, lossless png screenshots for almost every new AAA (Or under) title doesn't get any recognition at all for doing it.

Feels just wrong. Feels like honest people with honest work get shit anymore these days.

The post police are out in force in this thread lol.

Affected much? People are just taking out the garbage and cleaning the spilt salt

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, from your post history alone and how you seem to have a thing for Sony-published titles, I guess the baby is the one you see when you look at the mirror.
The thread isn't even about discussing the game, it was a video from the developers thanking people who trusted them and played God of War. From your post history it is clear you don't like Sony games, so why come to one thread that is just about celebration and shit on it? That's what a baby would do for sure.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
For real in your 50 some odd posts on this forum you're already in the running for the worst post history

Maybe don't come into a "thank you, fans of God of War, for supporting our objectively overwhelmingly acclaimed, top 5% of all reviewed games on Metacritic and OpenCritic, hugely successful multi-million selling title that almost everyone loves" thread to shit post about how your shrinkingly rare minority opinion that the game was pants is worth even one molecule of shit
My man, why so hostile? This post exactly sums up my point. If anybody has a different opinion then everybody starts acting like man babies. I never said GOW was a terrible game, all i said it has its problems and ya'll going crazy. Have fun in your echo chamber and in you little fairy tale thinking this game is the best game of all time.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The console war rages on... I'm glad I didn't have broadband internet access when I was 13 years old, I would have said some embarrassing shit too I'm sure.

Embarrassing stuff like referring to ND's latest efforts (UC4 and TLL) as hyper linear? Lol.

Last edited:

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Embarrassing stuff like referring to ND's latest efforts (UC4 and TLL) as hyper linear? Lol.
How can they be considered as anthing but point-to-point linear games? There are sections that give you very minor choices, but those are just choices between linear points.

I'm not even knocking the game by calling them linear btw, I don't know why so many people have been so mortally wounded by that comment haha.

And in any case, that isn't a console war comment anyway.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this game on the cheap last BF. I have yet to get a PS4. I cant wait what awaits me.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can they be considered as anthing but point-to-point linear games? There are sections that give you very minor choices, but those are just choices between linear points.

I'm not even knocking the game by calling them linear btw, I don't know why so many people have been so mortally wounded by that comment haha.

Most people were lol at that comment, I'm pretty sure nobody is hypersensitively hurt lol. I'm already derailing the thread so I'm gonna stop here and go watch Game of Thrones.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Nobody's morally wounded, it was just such a misplaced comment that some people found it funny or absurd.

Have you actually played the game? Even open world games have point to point missions or set objectives for campaign progress. ND's latest games are among the least linear non open world TPS/FPS out there. Hell, there are open world games out there that have certain combat engagement missions take place in areas or arenas that aren't even as large or as layered as some of those in UC4/TLL. Calling them hyper linear is ridiculous. Hyper linear should be reserved for describing games such as The Order 1886, not this...

giphy-3.gif

UC4_SP_01_GIF.gif

AUuLtyK.gif

UC4_SP_03_GIF.gif

752-88358c0d0a054a5923b482efd19765e2.gif

f59Unchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

4f5Unchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

64dUnchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Have you actually played the game? Even open world games have point to point missions or set objectives for campaign progress. ND's latest games are among the least linear non open world TPS/FPS out there. Hell, there are open world games out there that have certain combat engagement missions take place in areas or arenas that aren't even as large or as layered as some of those in UC4/TLL. Calling them hyper linear is ridiculous. Hyper linear should be reserved for describing games such as The Order 1886, not this...

giphy-3.gif

UC4_SP_01_GIF.gif

AUuLtyK.gif

UC4_SP_03_GIF.gif

752-88358c0d0a054a5923b482efd19765e2.gif

f59Unchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

4f5Unchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

64dUnchartedtrade4AThie.jpg

all i'm saying is, hot damn, naughty dog games on PS5 will be jawdropping graphically...

now back to GoW thanking.

Nov 30, 2017
One of the best games of all time.

I can kind of agree with this statement. Its so good on so many different levels. The gameplay, graphics, and story are all amazing. Its also the risks that were taken IMO.

This was the only game ever that made me examine personal relationships with my own father and child to be honest. Its a very emotional game.

Almost perfect in so many ways.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Not what I expected from a God of War game. Weak story, repetitive gameplay and enemies, and less gore. Combat was great and one of the best steps in the right direction. Graphics were dope but that's always the case for God of War games.
Game of the Generation as in exclusives, is Bloodborne. By far the best Sony exclusive.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I think one of the best things about this game is just the team around it and how they have handled PR. It makes it seem so much more personal, especially with it being this massive AAA game and to have people like cory and the team shown here make it so human, adds so much

Just well thought of marketing

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Considering how his gifs are extremely edited "Bullshots" par excellence, he would fit perfectly into a PR position. For sure.

Sad that this is only way to get noticed from people, media and even publisher/developers, with beautified gifs which doesn't reflects the real game at all. So yeah, the industry loves him, cause when they do this, everyone screams "downgrade", "fake", or "lies". But he gets celebrated for his Bullshots.

I kinda respect the effort behind it (up to the point where he got games for free from publisher) but I'm also sad that someone like me who used to post 100% raw gifs, with picture perfect quality and unedited as well as hundreds and hundreds of fantastic looking, lossless png screenshots for almost every new AAA (Or under) title doesn't get any recognition at all for doing it.

Feels just wrong. Feels like honest people with honest work get shit anymore these days.

YouMad.jpg

Feb 23, 2019
Best game this gen. In the top 10 of all time for me (maybe even top 5).

They nailed the gameplay, characters, story, and wide linear aspect to the game and filled it with compelling side content.

Still some avenues for improvement like better story pacing (too many macguffins late game), more bosses and enemy diversity, but those can all be addressed in God of War 2...

Can't wait to see the next one on PS5, and hopefully it comes out within 2 years of launch.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see what? You're complaint that you didn't like the puzzles or menu items? Your post is baffling. I have a gut feeling you're a big fan of RDR2
I'll leave this thread because it's pointless to discuss further and admittedly, this is also the wrong thread for GoW criticism. That part is on me and I apologize for that, but to quickly answer your assumption: no I don't love RDR2, I thought it was kinda turgid with bland mission design.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
No, I don't see where he's coming from. How can you say Gow has bad gameplay with a straight face? In comparison to what?

In comparison to other games he likes more? Come on, tastes are subjective.
Personally, I didn't like the new direction GoW took with these new games as I LOVED GoW Ascension combat, but after playing it some months ago, I've admitted here that it's indeed Goty without a doubt. Everything clicks into place and the combat is pretty good considering the camera closeness and cinematic nature of the game.
That being said, it doesn't touch the combat of games like Dmc V, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Bayonetta, and I even find Sekiro more engrossing at the moment.

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017

i consider UC series also to be linear, still they remain my all time favorite games. even thought god of war is now a huge contender and game of the generation for me.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Lovely video. I've been getting an itch to dive back in over the past few months. What a phenomenal game.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Anniversary theme is available in Poland. If you click here it should redirect you to your local shop.