• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

null_

Oct 27, 2017
That was pretty cool... I wonder if that's background info we'll need to know for the main game?

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not GOW, but Hellblade had a lot of cool Norse myths spread throughout the game. Can't wait to see how they weave the mythology through this one.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That was really well made. I wonder if there are going to be more. I love that kind of visual storytelling.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm really looking forward to this game and the original lore for it is sounding good but damn do they murder my mother tongue...

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Santa Monica really doing an amazing job with GoW. Not just marketing the game but also the Norse mythology

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Btw we see the Stone Mason in the E3 trailer remember?At 1:20.

You can actually see him in the first trailer as well:
p_670zghjn2.jpg

p_670otfs21.jpg

p_6707296c0.jpg

WanPisu

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, as soon as I saw that clip I immediately thought of the hammer in the E3 trailer. Cool stuff.

However, I never noticed that it was his entire body lying there! That head !

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just love this kind of storytelling.

I'm really happy that we'll play this soon.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do the Norse Gods in this game know that it was Kratos that killed the Olympians?

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"long way from home arn't you, and here i thought your kind was suppose to be so enlightened, so much better than us"

this could be a reference to the idea that the greeks were superior to the "barbarians of the north" yet they happened to have their civilization destroyed by Kratos

Rezon

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they just stuck with actual lore instead of making shit up. There is enough stuff to work with.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they just stuck with actual lore instead of making shit up. There is enough stuff to work with.
A story within any myth is told at the discretion of the teller. That is why there are often multiple versions of same myth or in Athena's case, completely different versions of her "origin story". When in comes to Norse, things get even more complicated because there is no hard rules and most of the stories are lost to time. That is what they are treating this game as, Lost Pages of Prose Edda. Santa Monica made shit up when they were doing Greek mythology as well. Sometimes it is necessary change things so that it fits with the story they are trying to tell. This is Santa Monica's version of Norse mythology. Besides, even in this episode no one is doing things that are completely out of character. Thor is Thor, Odin is still cunning motherfucker and poor Tyr just goes along with whatever rest of the Aesirs are scheming.