• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I am happy with this result. In the back of my mind during this entire show I was thinking it was unfair for RDR2 to win everything. The game has scope but SIGNIFICANT issues as Rockstar abandon the single player experience in favour of promoting the online experience. Latency issues and MMO-quality to the combat could not have been avoided.

God of War is *to take a term from Abby @ Giant Bomb* a cohesive experience. Gameplay matters as much as narrative.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I havent played enough red dead yet but god of war despite having some significant flaws was still the game I enjoyed most this year so far and I'm okay with it winning the award.

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
So deserved, it takes a truly incredible game to make me actually finish a game. This is one of them.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
OMG!
when they revealed it i legit started crying, this got me so much.
so deserved.
thank you cory, thank you everyone from Sony Santa Monica from making this masterpiece.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Very well deserved, it looked like at the beginning of the show GoW will be robbed hard.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Would have gone with Spidey but I think God Of war was alright. Not my choice but I understand the decision.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Man. Well deserved.
A reboot of a studio who rebooted a game that came out incredible. Much respect for the team.

They changed and innovative, yet stayed true to the serie. That's how it's done.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This should give a good PR boost for Sony's first party. What fuxking monsters they have become. And The last of Us and The Kohima game still Arn't out.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that always liked God of War but has grown increasingly VERY bored with the series in the last few entries, this new God of War really blew me away. Beautiful game, well told story, fun as fuck to play, never felt repetitive or stupid. A game that just felt worth every penny and surprised me at every turn.

Well deserved.

Oct 27, 2017
Lot of salty RDR2 fanboys right now and I love it. God of War will win a lot more through the season. Love Cory so much and he deserves this. Class act that guy is.

This. This has been such a labor of love for him that's it's great to see it all come together. Also, I'm liking the low key salt as well. Maybe that's why RDR2 got all the other awards because they knew GoW was getting GotY.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
It was between this and RDR2, and honestly I'm just happy Spider-Man didn't win (good game, but not great, imo).

That being said I had way too many issues with GoW for it to be Game of the Year.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
G8sZ0Zg.gif

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Congrats to SMS :)

RDR2 has its amazing moments but GOW is my clear fav this year. Can't wait to see Cory's new IP!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I was certain RDR 2 would take it but I'm SO happy I was wrong, I love this game so much