• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Good for SSM and Cory. Wish the GOW actor won the VA award.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna pretend to be in the know of its merits or not: I haven't played God Of War, but then again neither RDR2 or Spider-Man, so I won't judge this award. It's just a tad disappointing almost every award was given to games that could be predicted to be getting tons of awards well before release, with very few surprise hits to get recognition except for specific categories. RDR2 winning a billion awards in particular seems to be a far cry from when this show decided that a Telltale game (back then a small indie project basically) was worthy of winning the GOTY. But eh, not complaining about the pick per se, game looks gorgeous and I'll be playing it for sure once my backlog gives me a little room to breathe :P

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I believe GoW will also win GB and EZA's GOTY...
Gb might be in question, since neither brad or jeff bothered to play past the first few hours. It's dan's pick for sure, I think Ben as well. Jason sounds like he'll push for MH. Abby was into it but I think she really didn't like the ending.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Fuck yeah! Suck it, RDR2. Nah, just kidding. But seriously. Well deserved.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Gb might be in question, since neither brad or jeff bothered to play past the first few hours. It's dan's pick for sure, I think Ben as well. Jason sounds like he'll push for MH. Abby was into it but I think she really didn't like the ending.
I can honestly see their entire discussion being about what game is #2 rather than what game is #1 similar to the whole discussion where The Last of Us won their GOTY but they barely talked about it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might be my favorite console exclusive game this gen (I only got ps4 and PC tho haha). Even over Red Dead 2 tbh. Shit was a blast and for the first time in God of war history I actually found the characters interesting

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Congrats, absolutely deserved.

That Judge suit tho

DtyDr83WsAQZqZh.jpg

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so happy for Cory and SSM. I figured RDR2 would just sweep everything, but soooo happy I was wrong. GOW definitely deserved it.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
As a diehard fan of the franchise since 2005, seeing the game win even a single award made my heart swell. I've been rooting for every god of war entry(ascension included). This year has been a cracking year, Spider-Man, God of War and RDR2 are some of the finest games of this generation. Only real disappointment coming out of TGA was not seeing Spider-Man receive an award in any of the major categories.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I probably liked RDR 2 a bit more overall but I can see why God Of War won. It has far less glaring issues to me than RDR 2 even if it doesn't quite hit the same heights. The fact that RDR 2 was considered the favourite in spite of the laundry issues that are brought up about it is just a testament to how good its strengths are.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I can't say how much I'm happy about God of War winning this prize.

To put this in context, God of War is the reason I bought a PS4, my first Playstation console ( I own a PSP as well back in the day but that's it ). I think it speaks volume on how much that game was impactful...

Behind Breath of the Wild, this game is simply my second favorite game of this gen in front of games such as Gears 4, Mario Odyssey, The Witcher 3 or Titanfall 2.

Congrats Cory Balrog and the whole team at Sony Santa Monica, you are certainly in rarified air of best videogames studios in the World.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it's as if Red Dead 2 poured sugar in ya'll's gas tanks.

God of War won; it's a great game. Congratulations!

I swear the backlash Red Dead is getting makes me like the game even more. Like it's my own little black sheep that only myself understands in a way that most wouldn't. Certainly not amongst the outlets I've been following.

But alas it's God of War's spotlight and it deserves as much as RDR2 did; although I personally believe RDR2 is significantly better.
Yeah you're own little black sheep that amassed $730million in revenue and 97 on meta, don't paint it to be some underdog lol

I love RDR2 but GoW is just better playing and tighter experience. I thought the awards perfectly reflected that with RDR2 winning the specific categories and parts but GoW is just better as a whole package thus GotY. RDR2 felt bloated probably shackled with it's own ambition making the game not really fun to control.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Man Cory is such a cool dude. So happy for the SSM team :)

Congrats to all the other candidates as well. Each and every one of those games deserved it!

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Good job, well deserved.

RDR2 is more of the same in a prettier shell. Few more mini games, few more side missions.

Enjoying some salt from this thread.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Now this will give a great incentive to make the sequel and not look for another director like with every sequel. Why change a team that wins?

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I'm happy with this. When I voted it came down to GoW and RDR2. While I think I prefer RDR2's story ever so slightly more, even I, as a huge fan of the weightiness of RDR2, have to admit that God of War feels much better to play. It plays like an absolute dream and every single action is absurdly satisfying. The Leviathan Axe is ridiculous, best weapon in any game I've ever played for sure. That's why I had to give it to GoW.