• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Admittedly I've missed a number of the big games this year, but God if War was definitely the best I played. Well deserved.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
As per usual, a Sony title wins regardless of the more stellar games.. *sigh* How could any game beat out RDR2? IMO, a completely bias voting crowd. Next year will be TLoU2.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Well, it made me laugh in the morning. Guess the videogame industry is like the football, money money money.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Well deserved considering the total package. AFAIC RDR2 could have won with better controls/gameplay/story missions.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn good game. Deserved.

Really thought Red Dead had it on lock, especially as it was sweeping the earlier awards.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
No one would have predicted this would happen with a GoW game. Congrats. Not sure if it is my favourite game this year - it has Detroit, Spider-man and RDR 2 to contend with and I have a feeling the latter might pip it - but it is a great game. Even more important, there is a foundation there to produce an even better sequel.

Oct 31, 2017
Too much salt in this thread. RDR2 is a fantastic game but GOW is just a better and tighter experience. People need to get over it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Taking the risk to try something new with and reimagine a series that would have stayed so stall if it kept the same formula while have no certitude this would work and succeeding in it is all what deserves to be praised and to get the award for. This what many are failing to understand. The award for furctuous bravery.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Upset of the night. Never expected it to happen, pretty happy for SSM and the team.

Enjoying the salt in this thread though, goddamn.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
As per usual, a Sony title wins regardless of the more stellar games.. *sigh* How could any game beat out RDR2? IMO, a completely bias voting crowd. Next year will be TLoU2.
They've never won it at Geoff new TGA and the last time they won I believe it was Uncharted 2. Your crusade against them seems to be personal from your posts history.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Difficult to call really. Both are amongst the greatest games of all time, lucky to have had both in a year.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I didn't know that the person that play the BOI is in Jonah Hill's Mid90s movie.

I read through the whole thread to see if anybody picked this up, and only you did!

It was a great little moment between the two.

Pleased as punch to see God of War win.

Whilst I enjoyed playing Spider-Man more, and that Hollow Knight lingered in my memory for a long time, it is hard to deny just how brilliant the whole package is in God of War.

Seeing and hearing the axe flying back is just such a joy!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
very glad about this. Red dead was the most disappointing game of the year for me, it has an overwhelming amount of miserable design choices. And the more time goes by since I finished it, the more I grow to dislike it and look back on it negatively. God of war was a very well rounded game with a strong narrative, gameplay, acting, characters and world. Theres only a few things I could point out that I disliked about it. And they would be very small nitpicks.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Speaking as someone who was never really a big fan of the franchise, they really knocked it out of the park.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't have minded RDR2 winning since I looooove that game due to its story and characterization (best ever IMO). But as a complete package, God of War was a bit better so glad it got recognized for it.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got so hyped when this won instead of RDR2. Not that I have anything against RDR2, it's just so many thought GoW would lose so I love a good upset.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Can't believe it. Red Dead Redemption 2 set a new standard for the industry, God of War is just overrated.

It's actually the reverse, while RDR2 is just a reskin of the first RDR but with better graphics, GOW totally overhaul the old formula and set a new standard for how games should be made

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
Well deserved.

The whole segment going back to his house to get the Blades of Chaos, the music, the lighting and colouring, the sense of foreboding followed up by getting to wreck some enemies is my favourite gaming moment of the year

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone should be happy after seeing this video. Even RDR2 has admitted the rightful crown and Arthur is trying to mimic Kratos. XD

Get over it BOI. You are no match for the God Of War. :p

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I finished RDR2 and while it did improve drastically as it progresses God of War was for me still the best game I played this year. Well deserved.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018

9F4002516F76C85F027B0CFB42D0AC2D7E839D63

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Super happy for the studio. It had incredible opponents and still got ahead. Thank you SSM and Cory Barlog for such an incredible experience.

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
All of the nominees were absolutely incredible and deserved awards. What a great year for games man.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Well deserved. God of War has so many epic moments. I'm playing rdr2 with more than 15 hours this game looks dumb compared to the 1st. The story is really dumb. I didn't do any epic mission compared to the 1st. And sometimes rdr2 is really boring.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good for Corey and SSM, Dad of Boi is my game of the year and personal pick for no.3 of the gen.

Too bad it's the VGA's...

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was always obviously going to be a close call between this and rdr2, to call it an upset is hyperbole lmao