• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEE HEE HEE

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doing their part to shove the blade, impaling physical console games even deeper into the wound, twisting the blade triumphantly and drawing thick spurts of blood and salty tears from the hearts of those who own physical media around the world. I for one cannot help but shed a tear of joy at the sight of Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Valve all joining their hands in unison upon the hilt as they join spirits, minds and bodies to kill physical console games completely. Soon, only the Digital Master Race will remain!

Thanks to the gold points system, the Digital Master Race will earn 5 times as many discount points from digitally purchased games on the Nintendo eShop compared to the pathetic mortals who choose instead to buy physical cartridges. These when registered, earn a paltry sum of 60 points (in the United States) from physical purchases, whereas digital purchases of full priced games will earn 300, saving you $3 on the next digital game purchase. These points can even be combined with the various sales and discounts that now happen fairly frequently on the Switch eShop. Thus buy both saving money and earning points, there is plenty more incentive for consumers to completely abandon physical games outright.

Like any sane person, I've already bought a 200GB SD card and earned around 390 points from the various games I've bought on my Switch including Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, Bayonetta 2, Pokken Tournament, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and others. And this was before March 5th when the new gold point system was implemented, the rates of point earning were much, much lower at this time.

Personally, despite having 12 games (8 of them full price) on my Switch, none of them are physical. And I intend to buy No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem Switch, Pokemon Switch, Smash Switch, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Project Octopath, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and other games ALL digitally!

Thank you Kimishima, Fil-Aimes and all the rest of Nintendo staff.

My-Nintendo-Image-2-e1520356087771.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.