• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I actually thought the end of the trailer showed real promise.

If this played anywhere near a Monster Hunter type game with that scale then people will be eating their words and early dismissal.

Otherwise, there is literally not a whole lot to go on to either dismiss or go crazy for this....yet.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
From the dev's website: https://www.counterplaygames.com/about-us
OUR NEXT-GEN title: GODFALL
Our next AAA title is a loot-driven action RPG with third-person real-time melee combat. It's a Looter-Slasher played better together with friends.
Drawing upon brand-new high fantasy IP written by Hugo Nebula award winners, Godfall is developed in Unreal Engine 4 for exclusive release on PC and next-gen Consoles.

GodfallTeaser04.png

Actual In-Engine
Notice how it said consoles, definitely a Sony moneyhat.

On their team:
Our team
We're a tight-knit 75 person team with the vision to craft games focused on high levels of personal mastery, drawing from our past experiences working on the Ratchet & Clank series, God of War, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Diablo III, Gears 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Titanfall 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Evolve, Halo 5, Battlefield 3, Bioshock Infinite, Call of Duty, Injustice 2 and Overwatch.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Looter-slasher huh?

I think Gearbox's marketing department must have forgotten that that genre already exists and everyone else in the world throws it under the action-rpg moniker. Someone should send Gearbox or Randy's twitter account a video of Phantasy Star Online, Diablo, Dark Souls, Black Desert Online, Monster Hunter, etc., etc., and see what happens.

Oct 25, 2017

If this played anywhere near a Monster Hunter type game with that scale then people will be eating their words and early dismissal.

Otherwise, there is literally not a whole lot to go on to either dismiss or go crazy for this....yet.
The description acting like it's a new genre really bugs me and a melee focused game made by devs that strictly make shooters doesn't fill me with confidence. Also, I get the game is probably pretty early but it would have been nice to see some gameplay or enemies.

Looter-slasher huh?

I think Gearbox's marketing department must have forgotten that that genre already exists and everyone else in the world throws it under the action-rpg moniker. Someone should send Gearbox or Randy's twitter account a video of Phantasy Star Online, Diablo, Black Desert Online, Monster Hunter, Diablo, etc., etc., and see what happens.
Exactly, fucking ignorant and arrogant,, especially considering the current crop are all basically PSO rips.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
That we've seen yeah. Some games have been confirmed for PS5 but this is the first we've actually seen something of as far as I'm aware.
[/QUO
Yeah there are probably other games officially announced that will eventually release on Ps5, but this looks like the first game that's already officially announced for next gen

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Took enough time to have a AAA looter action game that isn't diablo-esque or a shooter

Terra

May 15, 2019
Every gearbox game not named borderlands has been kinda crap, would need to see more to have hype

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Sony was kinda foolish to let this be people's first look at PS5 imo
This was revealed in a streaming only enthusiast show.

Do you not think for a minute that most of us are informed and up to date with how Sony and Microsoft have handled their next gen details?

Sony has done very well so far controlling their own messaging and trickle of news. If other devs want to show their games then I'm not sure how you or anyone would consider this a negative to keep these next platforms on our minds and remind of us or their existence.

Whatever is shown here, it's just a fraction of info as we haven't even had both platforms really unveiled as far as specs and full final packaging/pricing.

Hope some fan live with this exciting time for videogames across PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo platforms.

Start enjoying this industry instead of holding onto some flag of allegiance that prevents you from enjoying this medium.

It's embarrassing to read some posts and to be a part of a community which has some immature people that give us enthusiasts a bad rap.

Happy gaming people.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Always exciting to see the first next console game. Having conniptions about it is not exciting. Let's get the PS5 and XboxSex games going.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Godfall's designed from the ground up with co-op in mind. You can play the entire game in solo, duo or trio. Your enemies will respond dynamically, mutating their behavior and attack patterns based on your group size. Our goal for co-op is stronger together, and fun for all.
You can expect to hear much more about Godfall next spring. We're honored to bring Godfall to you on PlayStation 5 in holiday 2020
blog.us.playstation.com

Godfall Announced for PlayStation 5, Bringing Looter-Slasher Action to Next Gen

Godfall brings loot-slashing action to PS5 next year.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...new-rewards-to-monster-hunter-world-iceborne/

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Didn't expect this to be their first PS5 game reveal. Kind of disappointing to be honest, especially after that amazing Hellblade 2 trailer.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This was revealed in a streaming only enthusiast show.

Do you not think for a minute that most of us are informed and up to date with how Sony and Microsoft have handled their next gen details?

Sony has done very well so far controlling their own messaging and trickle of news. If other devs want to show their games then I'm not sure how you or anyone would consider this a negative to keep these next platforms on our minds and remind of us or their existence.

Whatever is shown here, it's just a fraction of info as we haven't even had both platforms really unveiled as far as specs and full final packaging/pricing.

Hope some fan live with this exciting time for videogames across PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo platforms.

Start enjoying this industry instead of holding onto some flag of allegiance that prevents you from enjoying this medium.

It's embarrassing to read some posts and to be a part of a community which has some immature people that give us enthusiasts a bad rap.

Happy gaming people.
This is the kinda stuff enthusiasts talk about and mull over. Minutae like this. Don't be daft. The only thing I find embarassing is your defensive overreaction to my rather innocuous take that this was not a good way to show the public's very first look at a PS5 game. Of course it's not everything. Of course there's more to see. But this was not effective in the slightest. It wasn't a particularly good showing of the game itself either, if you want to dig deeper. If this was a PS4 game nobody would be talking about it.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
watching the trailer on their website it looks a lot better at a smooth 60fps, loaded with effects, does anyone know how much ray tracing is being used, if it's being used?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that would be good since Monster Hunter's one of the few of these kinds that I play and the armor designs and lots of weapon effects looked promising.