• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not much major new info but some cool stuff
Full Summary

- Godfall is a PS5 console exclusive, no PS4 or cross gen. Tailored to run on PS5

- PS5 allows Godfall to feel and play like no other game thanks to PS5 CPU and GPU

- Made by a team of 75 people

- Monster Hunter World in terms of gameplay, with elements of Dark Souls in combat.

- Some ex-Destiny 2 team members are involved

- The game rewards agressive play. Skill based combar based on timing in order to hit max damage

- Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series

- Positives around animation

- High fantasy setting divided into Eart, Air, Fire and Spirit Elements

- You are one of the least remaining Knight's Order tasked with stopping an apocolyptic event

- Start of the game you set a classed based on type of armour = 3 sets to pick from. A lot of customization to unlock as you progress

- Bosses designed to repel multiple people at once ie. in co-op bosses can take both of you out

- Game based around drop in and drop out gameplay like Destiny and Monster Hunter World with heavy Dark Souls Influence

Those are all the major points

Some older info from PSLS
- All players have ranged attacks at their disposal, but limited by cooldowns or charges. Godfall's focus is about tightening up the combat circle for melee combat. Players will always have two primary melee weapons to switch between during a mission, none of which are exclusively long-range in design.

- We have a wide spectrum of weapon classes ranging from small and nimble to heavy and powerful. Players collect powerful ancient armor sets called Valorplates, which contain myriad slots for players to insert powerful Augments that influence your playstyle. For example, you might add an Augment into your Valorplate that heals you and your allies whenever you hit an enemy's weak point for survivability, or you might insert a different Augment that summons deadly magical missiles that targets nearby enemies for soft AoE damage whenever you hit a weak point.

- The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller's "adaptive triggers" and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.
www.playstationlifestyle.net

How Godfall Takes Advantage of the PS5 Tech and Controller, More About its World and Gameplay - Keith Lee Interview - PlayStation LifeStyle

We talked with Keith Lee from Counterplay Games to find out how Godfall PS5 takes advantage of the next-gen tech and the new controller features. We also learned more about its world and gameplay.

Last edited:

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
So is this actually going to be proper "hunting game"? I figured this was just going to be a more melee-focused Destiny-like.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like that is being made with PS5 and PC in mind without the constraints of current gen hardware.

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
Intriguing. Going to have to see more in-depth gameplay before getting too excited though

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sounds good so far im in, I wonder how the timed exclusivity deal on this thing looks like with both Epic and PlayStation. Will it go to steam in a year but not Xbox, or Xbox but not steam, neither or both.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Sounds good so far im in, I wonder how the timed exclusivity deal on this thing looks like with both Epic and PlayStation. Will it go to steam in a year but not Xbox, or Xbox but not steam, neither or both.
Epics not publishing it, so it will probably go on Steam once the exclusivity's up.
Unsure about Xbox, (that'll be up to Gearbox), but my guess would be it'd come to Series X eventually (though not the Xbox One)

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Seeing that it's Gearbox I'm pretty skeptical of this game.

Even if it turns out to be decent I'll likely stay away with my stance on Randy Bitchford.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Godfall is interesting for sure. It's basically hogging the limelight when it comes to next gen-only games lol

Curious to see what it offers from a technical perspective!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"Visual style and world building influenced by The Stormlight Archive, The First Law and Foundation series"

giphy.gif

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Wonder if they will show more extensive gameplay soon or wait until Sony decides to talk again. The PS5 launch will be a great time to launch this game while new PS5 owners are looking for shiny new games to show off their new hardware's capabilities.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmm.. Interesting. I thought it would be a Warframe online type game.. but if it's got a strong story, deep combat, great lore they will expand with content down the line etc, it's worth an investment of my time.
Interesting it's a console exclusive, would like to see actual gameplay to see if their words are backed by what the game looks like (with regards to CPU/GPU stuff)

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Now we can see how well 3rd party exclusive can take advantage of the SSD from Day 1 - I AM EXCITE!

If it's made by a team of 75 people, I do wonder about the amount of content within.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
All sounds pretty good to me. Just allow parrying somewhere and you'll be hitting most of my interest points.

So is this actually going to be proper "hunting game"? I figured this was just going to be a more melee-focused Destiny-like.
I think they're just talking about MonHon's combat not it's gameplay loop.

Mmm.. Interesting. I thought it would be a Warframe online type game.. but if it's got a strong story, deep combat, great lore they will expand with content down the line etc, it's worth an investment of my time.
Interesting it's a console exclusive, would like to see actual gameplay to see if their words are backed by what the game looks like (with regards to CPU/GPU stuff)
It's coming to PC too.

Oct 27, 2017
If this is decent I could see it be the Warframe of PS5 launch. Comes out as one of the few next gen titles, be updated over time, and grow in popularity.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Community manager on reddit:

Hey there!

Because of the latest world events, we hit a small bump in our production pipeline which unfortunately also affected our media beats.

We know we've been rather quiet lately, but don't fret! We have a plan that once wrapped up will bring you guys a torrent of news and updates.

Until then, have to hit you with that vague developer soon™ and hope it arrives as a pleasant surprise.

In the meantime, I can point you towards this interesting tweet to give you guys something to look forward to =]

Gearbox makes this an easy pass.

For whatever its worth

Will the recent issues with Gearbox and bonus pay affect you guys, or am I just misunderstanding things?

[–]ThanatosNoa CPG Community Manager 5 points 4 days ago
No, unfortunately for our friends on Gearbox, that's self-contained on their end (I'm actually just hearing about this today as well).
We're still operating as normal as we can from home.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
The exceptionally powerful SSD on the PlayStation 5 offers a new level of detail for each individual object as well as seamless loading of our expansiveness world. Our combat is kinesthetic in nature, so the new controller's "adaptive triggers" and haptic feedback will make moment-to-moment combat feel exhilarating and visceral.

It'll be interesting to see the differences between the PC/PS5 SSD's then.

If there are no differences either people will realize that the extra speed is offset by the PC's RAM or people will say that it was held back by the PC.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
-Godfall does not feel or play like anything else thanks to PS5
-Godfall feels and plays like Monster hunter with Dark Souls influence

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this PS5 exclusive just for exclusivity sake? What aspects make this game only playable on PS5? Seems like they are just capitalizing on the few number of PS5 launch titles, where people purchasing the PS5 on launch day are practically forced to buy this game due to lack of other choice.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda lukewarm on this, since it comes off like a loot treadmill. Combat looks good though, and I'm very interested to see how it shakes out in the end

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
It'll be interesting to see the differences between the PC/PS5 SSD's then.

If there are no differences either people will realize that the extra speed is offset by the PC's RAM or people will say that it was held back by the PC.
I just really wanna see the system requirements for this. Are they gonna actually say "nvme SSD mandatory" ? Or will SATA SSDs with extra RAM suffice?

In that sense, Godfall stands to be the trend-setter for PCs vs next-gen games.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is this PS5 exclusive just for exclusivity sake? What aspects make this game only playable on PS5? Seems like they are just capitalizing on the few number of PS5 launch titles, where people purchasing the PS5 on launch day are practically forced to buy this game due to lack of other choice.

It's releasing on PC as well.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I was intregued because its the only PS5 game we know about but now I am actually interested about the game. Can't wait to see more.